Dogs pulling of stuff they know they can’t catch. Good or bad?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If your getting out regularly and running a dog a lot it will eventually start running a little cleverly and even choosing runs if your only getting out rarely your geed up bored dog will run anything

I never fail to be amazed at how blinkered people on here can be. Lurchers are lots of things to lots of people, what suits one man could easily be shite to another.  There is a world of differen

A dog pretty much jacking is not for me. If i put the lamp on something i want a dog to try not think ah bit hard find me an easier one.some could say its handler error though overunning a dog on sill

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, downsview said:

If your getting out regularly and running a dog a lot it will eventually start running a little cleverly and even choosing runs if your only getting out rarely your geed up bored dog will run anything. 

A agree and disagree yes dogs learn to run clever etc but picking runs proves dog lacks heart we all have different views but a want my dog to run whatever a send them too not pick if they think they can catch it or not.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, joe ox said:

A good dog doesn't decide what it can and cannot catch it gives its all regardless.

A dog that tries its heart out, no matter how much the odds are stacked against it, is a wonderful thing to behold. They usually surprise you!

• Like 3
44 minutes ago, downsview said:

If your getting out regularly and running a dog a lot it will eventually start running a little cleverly and even choosing runs if your only getting out rarely your geed up bored dog will run anything. 

Apparently not ?

4 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

So it’s still running them hard just not putting in the strike? I’d probably give it the summer and have another crack next year if it’s a young dog. Any reason it might have jacked? Ie a bad experience ? 

Yeah he still putting effort into getting up to them just wont knock em. 

As for experiences he has had a few wounds from muntjac, and has retrieved several foxs where they have bit back but gone onto more then husg stopped pulling em but will stick if another gets it 1st. Will also carry on if you take the other off. 

1 minute ago, SheepChaser said:

A dog that tries its heart out, no matter how much the odds are stacked against it, is a wonderful thing to behold. They usually surprise you!

It 

1 minute ago, dogmad riley said:

Yeah he still putting effort into getting up to them just wont knock em. 

As for experiences he has had a few wounds from muntjac, and has retrieved several foxs where they have bit back but gone onto more then husg stopped pulling em but will stick if another gets it 1st. Will also carry on if you take the other off. 

Its cocked mate and will probably never pull 1 on it's own again ever