Bull xs ??

To me just sounds a made up name to help brand to sell pups imo people have been adding a bit of base to coursing dogs for like ever there nothing more than a lurcher used for coursing I don’t think a f1 saluki x bull would make much of a competitive coursing dog against a saluki x greyhound bred for the job but put back a couple of times to Match dogs that’s when stuff will start to be produced that could be handy for matching but that’s only if the bull is ironed out enough as most heavily bred bull crosses turn like a battle ship an are not tight turning animals 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nail on the head. They are lurchers with bull in the mix not bull x, to me a bull x has only greyhound and bull in it.

Collie x greyhound x bull greyhound = bull x bedlington x greyhound xbull greyhound = bull x  just about any lurcher with a drop of bull blood in it is classed as a bull x cracks me up 

oh ok then I only had em 50 years what would I know lol.

36 minutes ago, Gilbey said:

Whippet X bull = whippet bull

Coursing dog X bull = coursing bull ?

Collie x greyhound x bull greyhound = bull x

bedlington x greyhound xbull greyhound = bull x 

just about any lurcher with a drop of bull blood in it is classed as a bull x cracks me up 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, poxon said:

just about any lurcher with a drop of bull blood in it is classed as a bull x cracks me up 

Nail on the head.

They are lurchers with bull in the mix not bull x, to me a bull x has only greyhound and bull in it.

• Like 9
8 minutes ago, poxon said:

LURCHER ???‍♂️

Don't think them C B's are for coursing mate

• Like 1
1 hour ago, trigger2 said:

?. But why the name coursing bull it sounds a bit like folk making out they got something superior or special. I won’t go on about it anymore but I just don’t get it. Sounds like something some young lad/ greenhorn would come up with.

I’d hazard a guess that it’s because they are a mix of good coursing blood and good bull blood? Just a total punt like .....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, trigger2 said:

?. But why the name coursing bull it sounds a bit like folk making out they got something superior or special. I won’t go on about it anymore but I just don’t get it. Sounds like something some young lad/ greenhorn would come up with.

Yeah I know what your saying mate me personally I couldn't give a flying shite as long as it's doing what you want it to do in just going on what I've heard in the past there was a thread on here a good few years back about them if I'm right 

26 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

I’d hazard a guess that it’s because they are a mix of good coursing blood and good bull blood? Just a total punt like .....

Sound. But I had a pup from a pure Malinois bitch to a coursing type dog but the bloke never called it a coursing Mali.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, C.green said:

I know of a bull x coursing type flatten ya a hare or 2 round the fields daytime and deadly at night. 

Aye a bit of everything. He's on about matching and breeding the bull out though

3 minutes ago, trigger2 said:

Sound. But I had a pup from a pure Malinois bitch to a coursing type dog but the bloke never called it a coursing Mali.

Perhaps coz they was never good enough to be known as a type 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, trigger2 said:

I am lost here a bit mate so a coursing bull is a special type of dog then

Its a type. Like a cocker terrier bushing type or grew is a whippet greyhound type. If a crossbred type works the type tends to get a name. I dont think theres anything special about them to most. 

Most ive seen deffo dont pull off of stuff they know is gonna get away and that like some dogs we know of lol

Edited by C.green
12 minutes ago, C.green said:

Its a type. Like a cocker terrier bushing type or grew is a whippet greyhound type. If a crossbred type works the type tends to get a name. I dont think theres anything special about them to most. 

Most ive seen deffo dont pull off of stuff they know is gonna get away and that like some dogs we know of lol

I just don’t get it. It must be a bull x owners thing that I don’t get. It seems to me like poxon has pointed out that a majority of people with a dog that has some bull blood in it have to say it’s a bull cross. I did say I wasn’t going to go on about it anymore and here I am still rattling on about it with someone else. Like I say There’s no one other breed of dog called coursing Malinois, coursing collie etc etc.

Personally I think it’s a load of bollocks. We’ve all got a opinion a.