Bull xs ??

Just now, Shadow100 said:

Far from an expert, just giving an opinion based on experience, some people would have you believe because it’s got buddy, snowy, foxy etc in its breeding it’s a class above a normal lurcher and as far as ive seen it counts for f**k all, just all hype 

Seriously if it was not for hype and the tinternet,the useless mongrels would never command the dollar.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nail on the head. They are lurchers with bull in the mix not bull x, to me a bull x has only greyhound and bull in it.

Collie x greyhound x bull greyhound = bull x bedlington x greyhound xbull greyhound = bull x  just about any lurcher with a drop of bull blood in it is classed as a bull x cracks me up 

oh ok then I only had em 50 years what would I know lol.

I don't think any other type of running dog has been developed better for a specific task in the last 100 years, and quite frankly it will never  happen again,  I don't know but would not be at all surprised if most of the best all round lurchers in the country carry  coursing blood.

3 hours ago, two crows said:

I don't think any other type of running dog has been developed better for a specific task in the last 100 years, and quite frankly it will never  happen again,  I don't know but would not be at all surprised if most of the best all round lurchers in the country carry  coursing blood.

You cant really comment as you already admitted u only have limited experience ?

On 14/03/2020 at 01:19, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Lol many moons ago , possibly mate , but let’s have it right, more shite is talked about bull crosses than any other . 

All this “you have to get the right stuff” what’s this right stuff ? 

What does a greyhound add to anything that a proper bred coursing type can’t in bucket loads 

The right stuff was bred from over 40 odd years ago from proper tested strong dogs with a lineage and history behind them same with the greyhound side...and I know a few coursing greyhound men who aren't afraid to show there dogs teeth and the greyhound shows no reverse.. I don't know much about coursing saluki types for ive genuinely only ever seen 3 run... lol.

5 minutes ago, stop.end said:

The right stuff was bred from over 40 odd years ago from proper tested strong dogs with a lineage and history behind them same with the greyhound side...and I know a few coursing greyhound men who aren't afraid to show there dogs teeth and the greyhound shows no reverse.. I don't know much about coursing saluki types for ive genuinely only ever seen 3 run... lol.

Strong dogs how tested were the really

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, stop.end said:

one of the best fox slayers ive ever witnessed was an ex track Greyhound.

Just now, morton said:

one of the best fox slayers ive ever witnessed was an ex track Greyhound.

Me too.

Best fox dog I ever seen was an ex track bitch. Unfortunately she was stolen before a litter could be had. 

She took some settling in wanted to kill every dog smaller than her that didn't look like a running dog.  Once he was sorted no fox was safe and she killed them quick. 

Was useless on bambi though 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

Would of said in a shore.... When it were legal neck?

Plenty were tested without the stopwatch... in the natural environment..during the week... the shore was just a social event.. not were the real testing took place.

23 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Have you lads ever seen a greyhound jack on fox?

Lol...of course.. many...dont make the grade for the real x the subject is about... the greyhound im talking about was not just coursed at clonmel lol... these were treated like any lurcher out on the lamp... round burrows... raced and coursed in natural environments where they had to jump the fence or go clean through a ditch or over a 6 bar gate...but like the bull used.. they just don't pull up!. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Balaur said:

, I've never seen a greyhound working if I'm honest, rescued one off a Welsh hill once, but he'd been dumped ex track....as said I guess you need all elements to be proven..

Couple of lads I hunt with are into their greyhounds as well so I’ve seen a good few that weren’t much use on the track but had something about them that made them try them in the field, one bitch in particular was an absolute natural and a big dog that was a complete fcuking headcase that demolished anything it was slipped on. Also seen plenty that were out and out cowards that wouldn’t kill a rat. 

• Like 2

Good and bad in all more bad than good imo that’s with most breeds most greyhounds will be cowards they are not bred to take stick a few will do a few foxes but not many will keep at it I’d say, I have a bitch here that’s had a couple not many out wires and finished them no bother but she can’t run due to injury on the other hand brindle one I have had since a pup is a jacker will only stop them but makes catching em look easy in the bigger fields it’s something to watch on a long slip tho isn’t too bad for injuries either. Atb