Bull xs ??

16 minutes ago, stop.end said:

Lol well there in lies the first mix of shite in your litter... plenty of greyhound gogs and bitches like teeth... and if they DON'T why the fxck using it in the start?? Same with the bull side it then has to have a long lineage of good working history and siblings... the wheaton x  on here ... same ... if not your just kidding yourself to start with.. DC I see you reading... this is not a dig because thats a nice bitch pup... but what wheaton was used at the start? Do you know the history behind the wheaton side?

Only what I was told... Nothings garenteed, no matter how well bred, we both know that... Dog in question, does all it can to please me.... And in return I feed it... Its no finished article by along way. Work in progress. 

• Like 2

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nail on the head. They are lurchers with bull in the mix not bull x, to me a bull x has only greyhound and bull in it.

Collie x greyhound x bull greyhound = bull x bedlington x greyhound xbull greyhound = bull x  just about any lurcher with a drop of bull blood in it is classed as a bull x cracks me up 

oh ok then I only had em 50 years what would I know lol.

1 minute ago, Penda said:

Fair comment there but the lads who keep serious stuff like that ain't gonna broad cast that they've got stuff like that if you catch my drift i know terrier lads that keep what they've got to there selves and it's just down to luck or them taking a liking to you if you end up with 1 of there dogs wink wink nudge nudge 

But thats the thing penda... the wink wink nudge nudge comes with graft... no point giving a lad a x u talk of if he cant put the stuff in front of it why honestly waste a pup on a lad like that...

Thats how lines and standards go straight down hill.

3 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Only what I was told... Nothings garenteed, no matter how well bred, we both know that... Dog in question, does all it can to please me.... And in return I feed it... Its no finished article by along way. Work in progress. 

100%... you seem a sensible enough sort and I hope the pup really does the business for you and keeps u very happy for many years.. but in lurcher chat or xs goes... its not a wheaton x....though if u get my drift....

Thats 2 line bred lurchers...mother and son both wheaton x. And there history would be what called bred to the red...

Not my dogs btw... but best and only way I can explain it as in an example but I hope big T doesn't mind ...?

IMG-20200218-WA0002.jpg

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, stop.end said:

But thats the thing penda... the wink wink nudge nudge comes with graft... no point giving a lad a x u talk of if he cant put the stuff in front of it why honestly waste a pup on a lad like that...

Thats how lines and standards go straight down hill.

Tip of the hat

3 hours ago, stop.end said:

Lol... 3 quarter the folk on here have never seen a proper one do its job by sounds of it... and you dont just put any old bull in the mix and hope it works.. same with the greyhound side it also has to be well tested....same way the wheaton xs put up here lol... id love to know the line of wheatons some of these supposed wheaton xs have in the history... 

I have to say I don’t think I’ve ever seen a tested greyhound for the purposes of breeding lurchers? 

Id like to think we’ve moved on from that  

6 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I have to say I don’t think I’ve ever seen a tested greyhound for the purposes of breeding lurchers? 

Id like to think we’ve moved on from that  

Of course we have moved on from that... from your very admission why even comment then... thank the Lord many moons ago good men didn't think like you... why put in bad foundations to start with ol chap ?

the confusion here comes from the term coursing dog being used as apposed to saluki x or saluki grey, two very different things, coursing dogs have been refined by breeding best bloodlines together for generations to excel at their task, and named rightly imo by that task, and  to me offer far more to any lurcher than a greyhound ever could.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, stop.end said:

Of course we have moved on from that... from your very admission why even comment then... thank the Lord many moons ago good men didn't think like you... why put in bad foundations to start with ol chap ?

Lol many moons ago , possibly mate , but let’s have it right, more shite is talked about bull crosses than any other . 

All this “you have to get the right stuff” what’s this right stuff ? 

What does a greyhound add to anything that a proper bred coursing type can’t in bucket loads 

15 hours ago, two crows said:

the confusion here comes from the term coursing dog being used as apposed to saluki x or saluki grey, two very different things, coursing dogs have been refined by breeding best bloodlines together for generations to excel at their task, and named rightly imo by that task, and  to me offer far more to any lurcher than a greyhound ever could.

I think breeding best to best is a bit of a stretch, a lot of coursing dogs bred these days will be lucky to get ran once a fortnight, people will breed off stuff that’s done very little because it’s got famous names in its pedigree, a lot of them are injury prone, too steady for even medium sized land or a bit half hearted so if you don’t use the right one you could easy ruin a good line of lurchers 

Edited by Shadow100
12 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Lol many moons ago , possibly mate , but let’s have it right, more shite is talked about bull crosses than any other . 

All this “you have to get the right stuff” what’s this right stuff ? 

What does a greyhound add to anything that a proper bred coursing type can’t in bucket loads 

I bought a coursing greyhound bitch pup at 12 weeks old and reared it like a lurcher and put in front of it stuff I wanted it’s pups to work and if she hadn’t of been interested then i would never have even considered breeding from her. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Shadow100 said:

I think breeding best to best is a bit of a stretch, a lot of coursing dogs bred these days will be lucky to get ran once a fortnight, people will breed off stuff that’s done very little because it’s got famous names in its pedigree, a lot of them are injury prone, too steady for even medium sized land or a bit half hearted so if you don’t use the right one you could easy ruin a good line of lurchers 

• Haha 4
27 minutes ago, two crows said:

Not talking past 50 years, I’m on about now, over the past few seasons I’ve seen a good few coursing bred dogs, majority of them out of the “best of breeding” and can only think of 3 that I’d own, quality of coursing dogs is on its arse because of liars breeding litter after litter without testing anything that’s the truth

Edited by Shadow100
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Shadow100 said:

Not talking past 50 years, talking over the past few seasons & I’ve seen a good number of coursing dogs, majority of them out of the “best of breeding” and can only think of 3 that I’d own, quality of coursing dogs is on its arse because of liars breeding litter after litter without testing anything that’s the truth

You must cover an awful lot of turf if you are an expert on "coursing stock now available",the little i know is that many of the best coursing mutts running are seldom owned or bred by the elite few.I totally agree with you about the liars breeding for dollar out of untested shite.

7 minutes ago, morton said:

You must cover an awful lot of turf if you are an expert on "coursing stock now available",the little i know is that many of the best coursing mutts running are seldom owned or bred by the elite few.I totally agree with you about the liars breeding for dollar out of untested shite.

Far from an expert, just giving an opinion based on experience, some people would have you believe because it’s got buddy, snowy, foxy etc in its breeding it’s a class above a normal lurcher and as far as ive seen it counts for f**k all, just all hype

Edited by Shadow100