Bull xs ??

What is there to get, someone asks what any lurcher is, the quickest easiest way to answer is to name it's cross.

Bull grey

Whip grey

"Coursing bull"

I'd have a coursing collie in the future.....but call it a lurcher

Edited by Gilbey

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nail on the head. They are lurchers with bull in the mix not bull x, to me a bull x has only greyhound and bull in it.

Collie x greyhound x bull greyhound = bull x bedlington x greyhound xbull greyhound = bull x  just about any lurcher with a drop of bull blood in it is classed as a bull x cracks me up 

oh ok then I only had em 50 years what would I know lol.

2 hours ago, Gilbey said:

LURCHER ???‍♂️

Don't think them C B's are for coursing mate

That’s not the point I was getting at but your right. what I was trying to get at with a bit of dry humour was any lurcher x bull x automatically becomes a bull x why not a collie bred lurcher or bedlington bred lurcher or a bitza how does it become a bull x I’ve seen bitzas with a drop of bull blood in them bred to other none discript types but still are classed as a bull x just because it has a small % of bull blood in them some of these dogs I’ve seen have more other type base blood in them ??‍♂️

53 minutes ago, poxon said:

That’s not the point I was getting at but your right. what I was trying to get at with a bit of dry humour was any lurcher x bull x automatically becomes a bull x why not a collie bred lurcher or bedlington bred lurcher or a bitza how does it become a bull x I’ve seen bitzas with a drop of bull blood in them bred to other none discript types but still are classed as a bull x just because it has a small % of bull blood in them some of these dogs I’ve seen have more other type base blood in them ??‍♂️

Does this happen? Really?

Hear plenty folk talking about their saluki/bull/grey or bedd/bull/grey, collie/bull/grey etc 

A bit of bull can go a long way though, so it doesn’t take a lot to make a dog pretty bully.

I think the coursing bull thing makes sense. Just coursing dog x bull x, usually out of real good coursing blood and a well tested bull x.

For down here - it’s a tried and tested x that works. The ground here is tough running at times.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, poxon said:

I know, I agree their lurchers. The bottom bit was for the post further up

21 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Does this happen? Really?

Hear plenty folk talking about their saluki/bull/grey or bedd/bull/grey, collie/bull/grey etc 

A bit of bull can go a long way though, so it doesn’t take a lot to make a dog pretty bully.

I think the coursing bull thing makes sense. Just coursing dog x bull x, usually out of real good coursing blood and a well tested bull x.

For down here - it’s a tried and tested x that works. The ground here is tough running at times.

So your saying these coursing bulls are coursing dogs cross with a bull x so that’s a coursing dog x bull whippet or bull saluki grey etc etc.

So it should be called what it is then a coursing dog cross bull whippet or bull saluki grey or bull grey etc. Or a lurcher there’s no need to call it a coursing bull unless it’s a pure bull x with a coursing dog. That’s what I  haven’t been able to grasp I think

I’ve got to admit I find it a little ridiculous that you’re arguing about how someone has called their dog by the ‘wrong’ name .....

I don’t see people using the words ‘coursing bull’ to try to sell litters it anything else, just as a descriptive term. It makes a lot of sense ..... 

Id say they would predominantly be Line bred coursing bred dog put over line bred bull x  bitch. So only coursing blood one side and proper bull x Blood the other. A bull x with coursing blood ..... a coursing bull type Lurcher. 
They also seem to have a certain look - lots of them look similar colour etc to a coursing dog but heavier boned etc.

And I’m not actually sure it’s used that much anyhow? Far more folk just say saluki / bull / grey. 

Does it really bother you? 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

I’ve got to admit I find it a little ridiculous that you’re arguing about how someone has called their dog by the ‘wrong’ name .....

I don’t see people using the words ‘coursing bull’ to try to sell litters it anything else, just as a descriptive term. It makes a lot of sense ..... 

Id say they would predominantly be Line bred coursing bred dog put over line bred bull x  bitch. So only coursing blood one side and proper bull x Blood the other. A bull x with coursing blood ..... a coursing bull type Lurcher. 
They also seem to have a certain look - lots of them look similar colour etc to a coursing dog but heavier boned etc.

And I’m not actually sure it’s used that much anyhow? Far more folk just say saluki / bull / grey. 

Does it really bother you? 

When I am confused about something I am interested in, then yes it does bother me until I understand.  Could you Just  answer the question are these coursing Bulls.

A.  coursing dog x pure bull

b. Coursing dog x bull x

1 minute ago, trigger2 said:

When I am confused about something I am interested in, then yes it does bother me until I understand.  Could you Just  answer the question are these coursing Bulls.

b. Coursing dog x bull x

I’m pretty sure I’ve firmly said it was B above .....

3 minutes ago, trigger2 said:

b. Coursing dog x bull x

Both

• Like 1