Bull xs ??

Just seen the post =  bullx pups, look nice pups.  Was just thinking, if any people ever used a 1x bull x  saluki, meaning  a straight pit x coursing dog. I know people juggle it about a bit, say pitx grey x saluki xgrey etc.  And they do well with tried tested proven dogs from the above %s. My self mine were  1/4 pit 3/4 Grey, and  2    3/8 pit x 5/8 grey, all 3 dogs did what  they asked to do. Only one down side for me was lack of stamina, and  bit of agility on long hard night   but they were good dogs?just wondered if a pure bull  x coursing dog ever been used to start there  bullx  lurchers?? 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nail on the head. They are lurchers with bull in the mix not bull x, to me a bull x has only greyhound and bull in it.

Collie x greyhound x bull greyhound = bull x bedlington x greyhound xbull greyhound = bull x  just about any lurcher with a drop of bull blood in it is classed as a bull x cracks me up 

oh ok then I only had em 50 years what would I know lol.

Just had look, 5 months old not gone yet, £200 quid. Suppose really, it depend on both  sire and dam, if there good proven dogs, to sell pups well any pups for that matter, always try to go to best dogs out there  to get  a pup? idid with my big dog Buck , he came from good stock a top greyhound a well bred  working line gsd ?

2 hours ago, bird said:

Just seen the post =  bullx pups, look nice pups.  Was just thinking, if any people ever used a 1x bull x  saluki, meaning  a straight pit x coursing dog. I know people juggle it about a bit, say pitx grey x saluki xgrey etc.  And they do well with tried tested proven dogs from the above %s. My self mine were  1/4 pit 3/4 Grey, and  2    3/8 pit x 5/8 grey, all 3 dogs did what  they asked to do. Only one down side for me was lack of stamina, and  bit of agility on long hard night   but they were good dogs?just wondered if a pure bull  x coursing dog ever been used to start there  bullx  lurchers?? 

My mate did this cross years ago I should of had a pup he owned a well know coursing dog at the time called Stevie and they pit him over a working pit bitch he offered me a pup but the timing was wrong I know a lad who had 1 and it died by hitting a dyke at a young age shame i bet they would of been game dogs the bitch was meant to of been hell of a dog 

I would've thought this is the way to go with the first cross surely theres more tested coursing dogs than greys available. Some of these coursing lines are so tightly bred they're pretty much a breed in themselves. Cant see a use for a pure greyhound in the field or for breeding off really.

I am just being a bit thick here or is a coursing bull some sort of new  breed.  I’ve never herd of coursing anything else like coursing collie or coursing Wheaton or coursing any other breed for that matter. Why the name coursing bull?  Or is it some sort of money making gimmick. 

• Like 3
39 minutes ago, trigger2 said:

I am just being a bit thick here or is a coursing bull some sort of new  breed.  I’ve never herd of coursing anything else like coursing collie or coursing Wheaton or coursing any other breed for that matter. Why the name coursing bull?  Or is it some sort of money making gimmick. 

There's been a strain out for years mate but a lot of the lads who've got keep it between them selves 

2 hours ago, Penda said:

My mate did this cross years ago I should of had a pup he owned a well know coursing dog at the time called Stevie and they pit him over a working pit bitch he offered me a pup but the timing was wrong I know a lad who had 1 and it died by hitting a dyke at a young age shame i bet they would of been game dogs the bitch was meant to of been hell of a dog 

Was stevie a black n tan dog direct from lucky. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Penda said:

There's been a strain out for years mate but a lot of the lads who've got keep it between them selves 

?. But why the name coursing bull it sounds a bit like folk making out they got something superior or special. I won’t go on about it anymore but I just don’t get it. Sounds like something some young lad/ greenhorn would come up with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
45 minutes ago, trigger2 said:

?. But why the name coursing bull it sounds a bit like folk making out they got something superior or special. I won’t go on about it anymore but I just don’t get it. Sounds like something some young lad/ greenhorn would come up with.

I think a bloke called whin came up with the name.

• Haha 3