Looking for a new job

5 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

lol Suffolk rates are fixed by the locals £80 a day in the pub by 1pm  a Scaff labourer is on a rope n wheel all day or running up a 8 meter ladder ?

£80 a day and they call the Norfolk folk thick :laugh:, but feck that to a 8 meter ladder i'll stick to using a teleporter in my daily job..:victory:

Edited by fireman
  • Like 1

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No one on here even smart enough to know wtf your on about mush ?

i sat outside a bar in Barcelona with mush a few year ago having a beer ....and I asked him then what he did for a living.....he explained ...and I sat with an expression like homer simpson .......

Sometimes i think about my ghetto upbringing education as " poor little me " but listening to some of this academic education it sounds boring as f**k im glad i played to my strengths after reading th

Posted Images

1 hour ago, green lurchers said:

Well if you coan lower your sights and fancy a change  of career I can get u  2er a day on price labouring banging up scaffold it’ll be fun for ya ? 

2er a day you say :hmm: cash in hand, I'll pay my own taxes? ?

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, NEWKID said:

That's the way...

Definitely not good in the buy to let world now and only going to get harder imo...

Commercial rentals are better, if that's your thing...longer terms and better tax breaks....

Plenty of us end up f****n around with property but this lads on a completely different level he was like the mystic meg of all our old stomping grounds and virtually cleaned up....good grounded lad never forgot his roots we,re all very proud of him look up The Ability Group if it interests you....but no your right the residential landlord thing is all a bit yesterday.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

I was the bait boy in the local queer pickup spot many moons ago but even went self employed doing that ?? as it was easier to just be bait then crack them over the head and relieve them of there wallets when they followed me into the woods, well risky but only had to do a few a week rather than sharing it out and doing it every day, what enterprising young men we were back then ????

I wasnt pretty enough to be a one man band ?....anyway at the age we was it didnt always go to plan with 2 sometimes 3 of us !

• Like 1

Not to piss on anyone's chips but I don't go in for all this qualifications in leadership lark, I haven't got a qualification in the world yet lead hundreds of men in a corporate environment I started off as the lowest of the low after being expelled at 14 and dossing Round smoking pot for years. some qualifications or training might help someone whose not got it to get by but ultimately as has been proven all through my career your either born with it or your not, it's all upstairs and you don't need to be Einstein just understand people, and what makes them tick.

2 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

Not to piss on anyone's chips but I don't go in for all this qualifications in leadership lark, I haven't got a qualification in the world yet lead hundreds of men in a corporate environment I started off as the lowest of the low after being expelled at 14 and dossing Round smoking pot for years. some qualifications or training might help someone whose not got it to get by but ultimately as has been proven all through my career your either born with it or your not, it's all upstairs and you don't need to be Einstein just understand people, and what makes them tick.

Mate I've built myself from bugger all. I'm actually happy to have the qualifications.... not because I blow on the nails.. because I understand and have learnt more. Hard knocks is a great school, nowt wrong with it but it's not a bad thing to have a listen to other ways ;)

I laughed at a chap (my best mate lol) 8 years ago when he first introduced me to this..... I'm not laughing now and he is ?‍♂️

1 minute ago, mushroom said:

Mate I've built myself from bugger all. I'm actually happy to have the qualifications.... not because I blow on the nails.. because I understand and have learnt more. Hard knocks is a great school, nowt wrong with it but it's not a bad thing to have a listen to other ways ;)

I laughed at a chap (my best mate lol) 8 years ago when he first introduced me to this..... I'm not laughing now and he is ?‍♂️

Yes fair play pal I wasn't knocking you, having qualifications doesn't stop you having natural ability more the point I was making is having them doesn't mean you can walk the walk. 

I was a little dishonest anyhow as I went to college years later and did get some qualifications but to be honest it was a waste of time for me they were literally useless as I've never had to use any of the skills or even use a CV yet touchwood. So more to the young lads with poor job prospects graft, guile and patience will see you right.

A big area were I see a lot coming in with all the qualifications these days is sales, dear me the amount of them with no charisma, drive or ruthless streak is unbelievable I'm sure we all worked out as kids which of your mates could sell things certainly a job you either got it or you don't.

Good luck in your job search.

• Like 1

Along similar lines there's different types of intelligence, mate of mine is in the nicest possible way as thick as a brick. You try and get one over him when it comes to coin though, like fecking rainman all of a sudden. 

5 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

Yes fair play pal I wasn't knocking you, having qualifications doesn't stop you having natural ability more the point I was making is having them doesn't mean you can walk the walk. 

I was a little dishonest anyhow as I went to college years later and did get some qualifications but to be honest it was a waste of time for me they were literally useless as I've never had to use any of the skills or even use a CV yet touchwood. So more to the young lads with poor job prospects graft, guile and patience will see you right.

A big area were I see a lot coming in with all the qualifications these days is sales, dear me the amount of them with no charisma, drive or ruthless streak is unbelievable I'm sure we all worked out as kids which of your mates could sell things certainly a job you either got it or you don't.

Good luck in your job search.

I went to the Brian London school of hard knocks ?‍♂️? and you're right... maths and engineering got me fecking nowhere.. I spent 8 years fitting blinds, awnings etc lol. Crisis 2008 and decided to change my career path. Met people and it went from there. Everyday is a school day.

When it comes to sales.... I could get a meeting and a deal with Gandhi for beef exports, tomorrow ?

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

Along similar lines there's different types of intelligence, mate of mine is in the nicest possible way as thick as a brick. You try and get one over him when it comes to coin though, like fecking rainman all of a sudden. 

I know barristers who have no idea about the real world and are really  as thick as shit,but they can talk there talk in there world...

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, fireman said:

I know barristers who have no idea about the real world and are really  as thick as shit,but they can talk there talk in there world...

Spot on,this has been touched on earlier, I'm an intelligent fella and really I've always wanted to run my own business but I doubt i ever will as amongst other things I'm prob to clever for my own good as I'll worry about all the things I don't know about whereas another mate of mine whose last brain cell died of loneliness is currently running his own successful business, he only worries about what he does know which isn't much which leaves him plenty of time to worry about the main thing i.e quickest and easiest way to make a buck

• Like 1
21 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Oh I agree mate, I know the merits of where I work am live ? can’t lie tho the sound of 200+ quid plus a day is tempting now an again, a few extra quid a day soon mounts up ?

Don’t be lured in by it mate, they only ever remember the good days not the weeks they loose to bad weather, stuff not ready and the c**ts that don’t pay there bills it sounds good but by the end of the year your better off earning a steady wage doing stuff you enjoy ?

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, Balaur said:

I agree, I earn decent wedge but live in digs away from home , stuck doing 12 day fortnight's, don't have a life miss the kids, as soon as I can afford to get something local I'm out, it's been 3/4 years of this malarky and if you're out of work for a week or two it knocks a hole in your bank, that's enough for me, missus is back in work now, probably see the summer out and work local for winter, might be on Hinkley before then and that'll be travelling so all good.

My sons mate got a good number down there driving a bus with for the workers, they put him through his psv licence and he works 14 hour shifts but about 10 of those hours he’s asleep in the bus waiting to take them home at the end of the day 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Balaur said:

I agree, I earn decent wedge but live in digs away from home , stuck doing 12 day fortnight's, don't have a life miss the kids, as soon as I can afford to get something local I'm out, it's been 3/4 years of this malarky and if you're out of work for a week or two it knocks a hole in your bank, that's enough for me, missus is back in work now, probably see the summer out and work local for winter, might be on Hinkley before then and that'll be travelling so all good.

Like you said last night mate, do what you have to for now ;)

• Like 1