3 hours ago, philpot said:

The Tikka rimfires are good guns but I am the first to say the stock is not great in terms of the fit to the shooter. I have fitted a new grip and beaver tail forend add-ons which have improved the FEEL of the gun in the shoulder but I would also buy a new stock if pension allowed.  I have used a Tikka with a GRS Breserk stock and what a difference, I will be keeping an eye open for one as time goes by and funds build back up.

Phil

I suppose that manufacturers make their stocks to fit the shape size of Mr average,  whoever that is.  People span from the 7ft beanpole to Mr orang-utan to Mr butterball who is 4ft tall and 4 ft wide.  Most target rifles like the Anschutz have multi directional adjustments and under arm hooks.  I'm lucky because I don't have these problems.  It's like shotguns.  Posters write that they can't shoot with double triggers or sbs's.  As far as I am concerned its just a tube or pair attached to a chunk of wood.  A few of mine.  I was going to put more rifle pics but they seem to have gone into hiding on my system.  see it track it shoot it.  one shot one kill.

DSCN6981.JPG

DSCN7748.JPG

DSCN7581.JPG

195_9563.JPG

DSCN7515.JPG

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just fitted new stock to 17 HMR tikka  

I’ve tried a couple of times with the shotguns but just can’t get away with it, it all just feels wrong, so I have to pay more for everything, loads of manufacturers don’t do rifles in true left, it’s

Looks damp damaged, is it black mold.....                 ? Posh tart ??

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Meece said:

I suppose that manufacturers make their stocks to fit the shape size of Mr average,  whoever that is.  People span from the 7ft beanpole to Mr orang-utan to Mr butterball who is 4ft tall and 4 ft wide.  Most target rifles like the Anschutz have multi directional adjustments and under arm hooks.  I'm lucky because I don't have these problems.  It's like shotguns.  Posters write that they can't shoot with double triggers or sbs's.  As far as I am concerned its just a tube or pair attached to a chunk of wood.  A few of mine.  I was going to put more rifle pics but they seem to have gone into hiding on my system.  see it track it shoot it.  one shot one kill.

DSCN6981.JPG

DSCN7748.JPG

DSCN7581.JPG

195_9563.JPG

DSCN7515.JPG

I like them cushions Meece.

Butterball! Never been called that before. Guess it fits. ??

8 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

I like them cushions Meece.

Butterball! Never been called that before. Guess it fits. ??

The Mrs bought the cushion covers in a market in Kushadasi in Turkey.  I think that the term Butterball is related to an American brand of Turkey product known for it's plump golden brown appearance.   Does this image fit a pattern.?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Meece said:

The Mrs bought the cushion covers in a market in Kushadasi in Turkey.  I think that the term Butterball is related to an American brand of Turkey product known for it's plump golden brown appearance.   Does this image fit a pattern.?

I think you will find the Butterball is an english brand turkey with lumps of butter pushed under the skin for which you will pay silly money when it costs pennies to do yourself.

Anyway, a few nice guns theremeece, I am one of those who really do not like s/s double trigger straight stock shotguns, just prefer a well balanced o/u with single trigger, we all like different things.

My DT10 is a gun which never fails to give me pleasure every time I use it.

DSCF3405_zpscuycvoic.jpg

Phil

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Meece said:

Not so much golden brown but turkey definitely fits.

19 hours ago, philpot said:

I think you will find the Butterball is an english brand turkey with lumps of butter pushed under the skin for which you will pay silly money when it costs pennies to do yourself.

Anyway, a few nice guns theremeece, I am one of those who really do not like s/s double trigger straight stock shotguns, just prefer a well balanced o/u with single trigger, we all like different things.

DSCF3405_zpscuycvoic.jpg

Phil

Loving that stock Phil. That's the grade every gun should be fitted with. 

22 hours ago, philpot said:

DSCF3405_zpscuycvoic.jpg

Phil

3 hours ago, Alsone said:

Loving that stock Phil. That's the grade every gun should be fitted with. 

52 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

What! Reclaimed railway sleepers!

???? Reclaimed railway sleepers !   You wicked, wicked person you.   I say,   You wicked, wicked person you.  Didn't you hear that they were new railway sleepers.  And that they had been seasoned for six months,  I  says six months you knows.   Only joking. 

It was thrèe months...?

• Haha 3
7 hours ago, Meece said:

I wish to apologise to Phil for joining the WICKED S'D's  humour fest.  That is a very nice gun and would give anyone pleasure.  He's not the messiah,  he's a VERY naughty boy .!

No need to apologise meece, all good fun as far as I am concerned.

Phil

• Like 1