5 hours ago, Gav said:

Very nice, but agree needs lower mounts.

Wonder if they do simular for the T-bolts?

Yes they do.

3 hours ago, villaman said:

Phil, that was my intention to go down the Boyd route , but saw these at the shooting show and at a very good price . I knew I had to have one . Jackson rifles are not stocking them anymore, so selling them of cheap 

What sort of price Mitch if you don't mind saying.

Phil

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just fitted new stock to 17 HMR tikka  

I’ve tried a couple of times with the shotguns but just can’t get away with it, it all just feels wrong, so I have to pay more for everything, loads of manufacturers don’t do rifles in true left, it’s

Looks damp damaged, is it black mold.....                 ? Posh tart ??

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Meece said:

How.... The greater the gap between the bore line and the crosshair, the greater the angle to match the divergence to the point of impact. I usually zero first at about 30 paces and this is on at about 150.  At 100 I'm about an inch high.  At about 300 I know that IF ( On a very rare occasion ) I fire, that if I  put the crosshairs on the spine the bullet goes right through the engine room. Eighty is more my favoured distance.  Now if I were to lift the scope up about a foot rather than the normal 1.5 inches the divergence of trajectory would be massive.

You beastly heretic. I'll have to find my cricket box.

Loads of info on the web that can describe it better than me.

13 hours ago, Meece said:

What was wrong with the standard stock to spend out that sort of money? 

Why spend money on a new gun when you can buy second hand one , why buy a Aston Martin  when you could buy a Ford Focus , why have a £ 500 whore when you can have one for £50 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, villaman said:

Why spend money on a new gun when you can buy second hand one , why buy a Aston Martin  when you could buy a Ford Focus , why have a £ 500 whore when you can have one for £50 

You haven't said what was wrong with the factory stock. I'm not questioning your right to do as you please, it was why you replaced it.   You could paste some wallpaper on it of Boris Johnson if you like but will it shoot more accurately. £50 that's a slab of 12 g clay carts.

On 11/03/2020 at 01:24, IanB said:

Nice stocks have a berserk on two of my centrefires, but too bulky for me on a .22LR /HMR now put one of these on and your talking..

jryowb5ml6531.jpg

Nice stock. Not sure the barrel matches although it looks expensive and would look great on the right stock. Whoever, configured that rifle had some money.

Edited by Alsone
2 hours ago, Meece said:

You haven't said what was wrong with the factory stock. I'm not questioning your right to do as you please, it was why you replaced it.   You could paste some wallpaper on it of Boris Johnson if you like but will it shoot more accurately. £50 that's a slab of 12 g clay carts.

Not a lot wrong with it , but found the groups not exactly what I expected at 100 yards . Groups about 1 .5” , may be a little bit less  , but now a real tight group . 
I have read a lot on tikka HMR and groups and most say with a after market stock , groups tighten right up and they certainly have , bullet on bullet at 75 yards 

The Tikka rimfires are good guns but I am the first to say the stock is not great in terms of the fit to the shooter. I have fitted a new grip and beaver tail forend add-ons which have improved the FEEL of the gun in the shoulder but I would also buy a new stock if pension allowed.  I have used a Tikka with a GRS Breserk stock and what a difference, I will be keeping an eye open for one as time goes by and funds build back up.

Phil