• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just fitted new stock to 17 HMR tikka  

I’ve tried a couple of times with the shotguns but just can’t get away with it, it all just feels wrong, so I have to pay more for everything, loads of manufacturers don’t do rifles in true left, it’s

Looks damp damaged, is it black mold.....                 ? Posh tart ??

Posted Images

Years ago low mounts were all the rage.

It got real dumb when Leopold came out with a range of scopes that had the objective lens with a cut out for the barrel!

Never understood it. With low mounts the first crossing point is closer and so is the second crossing point. With higher mounts the second cross over is much further with little to no difference before the first.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Stavross said:

That looks lovely, but it’s all the wrong way round for the proper lads ??

Yes I use to shoot on the other side,  but taught myself to shoot right handed about 12 years ago because choice of guns 

I’ve tried a couple of times with the shotguns but just can’t get away with it, it all just feels wrong, so I have to pay more for everything, loads of manufacturers don’t do rifles in true left, it’s borderline racism to us wonky lefties, we are a proud people and shouldn’t be discriminated against ?

• Haha 6
3 hours ago, philpot said:

I feel the envy invading me Mitch, really really really like these, great move in my opinion mate.  I thought you were going for a Boyds stock, mind you, I think you have made a far better decision.

Phil

Phil, that was my intention to go down the Boyd route , but saw these at the shooting show and at a very good price . I knew I had to have one . Jackson rifles are not stocking them anymore, so selling them of cheap 

5 hours ago, Stavross said:

I’ve tried a couple of times with the shotguns but just can’t get away with it, it all just feels wrong, so I have to pay more for everything, loads of manufacturers don’t do rifles in true left, it’s borderline racism to us wonky lefties, we are a proud people and shouldn’t be discriminated against ?

Lefties are mongoloids and should be kicked in the nads at every opportunity!?

I have tried a couple of mates rifles with GRS stocks but they are too big for my mitts.

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

With low mounts the first crossing point is closer and so is the second crossing point. With higher mounts the second cross over is much further with little to no difference before the first.

How.... The greater the gap between the bore line and the crosshair, the greater the angle to match the divergence to the point of impact. I usually zero first at about 30 paces and this is on at about 150.  At 100 I'm about an inch high.  At about 300 I know that IF ( On a very rare occasion ) I fire, that if I  put the crosshairs on the spine the bullet goes right through the engine room. Eighty is more my favoured distance.  Now if I were to lift the scope up about a foot rather than the normal 1.5 inches the divergence of trajectory would be massive.

1 minute ago, ianm said:

Lefties are mongoloids and should be kicked in the nads at every opportunity!?

You beastly heretic. I'll have to find my cricket box.

• Haha 1