Random ticket Q

Without having ‘properly’ looked into it.... I’m wondering if any of you know the law on shooting a FAC air gun in ya garden? Got the chance to get me sen an old school eliminator, filthy cheap... the gardens 35yards, 40 max, with a decent backstop for just general shooting with all my rifles... paper, brick surround, carpet then a 3mm 1m by 1m steel panel behind that. Obviously nothing that I own at the minute gets by the brick layer. Can I apply for a ticket for shooting on my own land? Naturally happy for the old bill to check it before hand like. It’s just “most tickets” are for someone else lands if that makes sense. 

As an edit. I suppose it’s a case of getting the old bill LFO to come round and check the garden. 

If you were given an open ticket to begin with as is most likely with an airgun, you can shoot it anywhere you have permission and you deem safe. If you were given a closed ticket, the FEO would have to come and inspect your garden and clear it, which I reckon is unlikely. 

Either way, just because something may be legal, doesn't necessarily mean it's a good idea. :thumbs:

I am inclined to agree with the above. The sound of a .22 or .25 hitting a back stop will be much louder than a sub 12 and the noise from the gun may be an issue.

Go for it asking for an open ticket Rez.

Phil

• Like 1

Plinking on the garden probably wouldn’t be deemed as a good reason.Apply for fac air for vermin control on your permissions, it will most likely come as an open ticket. Then, as walshie says, you can use it wherever you have permission to shoot, including your garden.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, walshie said:

If you were given an open ticket to begin with as is most likely with an airgun, you can shoot it anywhere you have permission and you deem safe. If you were given a closed ticket, the FEO would have to come and inspect your garden and clear it, which I reckon is unlikely. 

Either way, just because something may be legal, doesn't necessarily mean it's a good idea. :thumbs:

It’s a proper good idea... ? I know what you mean though boss. To be honest, it’s not the power I’m interest in. It’s the shot cycle. Somewhat ‘mule’ of a shot cycle. Shooting my current weps gets kinda boring after a while...having shot the garden for years and the same rifles in fact.  I’m just after something that’s gonna perhaps test me a bit. 

My perms, 3 of um are ticket passed as I know the land mangers shoot a bullet on all 3, so maybe I go that route. I don’t really want to shoot FAC airgun to be honest, that’s for pussies ? joke v’man, but being honest, I just want to miss now and then in the garden and learn something new. The same range, same guns, day after day, does get a bit samey.

Ill have a word with the land owners. 

• Haha 1

Rez , I never really wanted to go to FAC air or any FAC for that matter , quite happy with sub 12 . . Had a few permission where it was hard to stalk , just open big fields , so I thought I go for FAC, which a year later my ticket came through opened 

At that stage I thought right , not going for rimfire never , but 10 months later went for rimfire 17 HMR and .22lr and got both opened as well . FAC air is a game changer , that’s for sure , but my heart is still with sub 12  pcp and spring 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, villaman said:

Rez , I never really wanted to go to FAC air or any FAC for that matter , quite happy with sub 12 . . Had a few permission where it was hard to stalk , just open big fields , so I thought I go for FAC, which a year later my ticket came through opened 

At that stage I thought right , not going for rimfire never , but 10 months later went for rimfire 17 HMR and .22lr and got both opened as well . FAC air is a game changer , that’s for sure , but my heart is still with sub 12  pcp and spring 

??

201CE528-A07D-423F-86FA-7B99C00F9693.gif