Full moon no cloud

Farmer phoned 

2 dead lambs , so of I went , put the carcass out a 100/150 more or less where the farmer had found them , this one showed up at 8.30 , and took a 243 95g at 100 yards waited till 10.30 

and nothing Else showed , so home 

atb 82FA8B8A-4B69-4770-84D4-3FA2403A5459.jpeg.594ca205492b2f4d82cdf976fc1ae3be.jpeg

• Like 9

Nice work Dave, you did well considering the moon, it’s been like day light the last couple of nights, I’m hoping for a bit of cloud cover tonight, rabbit bashing has been put on hold to chase the gingers ?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

Well done Dave.

I often go out in the moon.

If you can sit still in a vehicle  over bait it's not a problem.

My sort of shooting SD, in the warm over a dead rabbit sending my pal out across the field to head charlie in my direction ?

Phil

• Haha 3
20 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Well, like daylight again last night and not a fox to be seen, looks like I’ll be baiting up and using forestry’s high seats ?

14F259A9-132F-4FE7-A533-82F749E42E5E.jpeg

If you have high seats mate use them ?.

We made some on one estate. They accounted well.

• Like 1
On 08/03/2020 at 13:07, David.evans said:

Farmer phoned 

2 dead lambs , so of I went , put the carcass out a 100/150 more or less where the farmer had found them , this one showed up at 8.30 , and took a 243 95g at 100 yards waited till 10.30 

and nothing Else showed , so home 

atb 82FA8B8A-4B69-4770-84D4-3FA2403A5459.jpeg.594ca205492b2f4d82cdf976fc1ae3be.jpeg

Why did you shoot me ?  I only came over to see if I could give this poor lamb some mint sauce.  Kwis told me to be kind to...... HIslam's.???

Edited by Meece
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Sausagedog said:

If you have high seats mate use them ?.

We made some on one estate. They accounted well.

I’ll be giving them a go, they are on the rides in the forestry blocks, forestry shoot deer from them, I’m not allowed to take deer from the forestry, only the open fields around the farm, I’ll have a word with them but I’m sure it won’t be a problem using them on a night, I’ve got one of the metal frame type that seats 2 so I might put that up at the back of the farm

• Like 2
1 hour ago, David.evans said:

Do it mate 

mines 100 yards from the wood , some cat food spread about , sit and wait , flask in one hand spotter on the other , not very often it fails 

atb 

I’ll have to give it a go, I’ve had it about 5 or 6 years and it’s never been out the box, it was a drunk ? eBay purchase, I think I paid about 60 quid for it, I know at the time they were a lot more than that, it’s the same one that forestry use up at the shoot 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I’ll have to give it a go, I’ve had it about 5 or 6 years and it’s never been out the box, it was a drunk ? eBay purchase, I think I paid about 60 quid for it, I know at the time they were a lot more than that, it’s the same one that forestry use up at the shoot 

Why did you buy a double seater? I heard you got no mates!

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, Stavross said:

I’ll be giving them a go, they are on the rides in the forestry blocks, forestry shoot deer from them, I’m not allowed to take deer from the forestry, only the open fields around the farm, I’ll have a word with them but I’m sure it won’t be a problem using them on a night, I’ve got one of the metal frame type that seats 2 so I might put that up at the back of the farm

Make them an offer they can't refuse "let me use your high seats or i'll set fire to them". ?

• Haha 4