Cluster headache

Has anyone suffered with this sort of headache before I had one Friday night and it was one of the worse pains I’ve ever had and I’ve crashed in cars on motorbikes I’ve stood on nails etc etc but this cluster headache topped the lot it was pure agony to the point where I was screaming in pain which I’ve never done. It is still lingering around not the intense pain but just letting me know it’s still there. Any experienced these before and what helped get them gone? Cheers 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well nothing on the ct scan so that’s good but keeping me in over night to take fluid out my spine to test that. Hate all that sort of stuff no good with needles or out so safe to say I’m shitting it 

That's it mate...I couldn't handle any light, just wanted to lay in a dark room..made me feel sick as well. I was on a tiny pill a day for a couple of years, but I've not had a proper head ache l

No mate in both my eyes and right over the top of my head felt like something was crushing my skull and pain in the tops of both eyes. I’ve never heard of these headaches before I get migraines quite

Just now, Saltmoon said:

Has anyone suffered with this sort of headache before I had one Friday night and it was one of the worse pains I’ve ever had and I’ve crashed in cars on motorbikes I’ve stood on nails etc etc but this cluster headache topped the lot it was pure agony to the point where I was screaming in pain which I’ve never done. It is still lingering around not the intense pain but just letting me know it’s still there. Any experienced these before and what helped get them gone? Cheers 

Yes mate, suffered bad as a kid into my late teens with this, was on meds for a few years....f***ing awful when it hits then nothing for months, could be a day sometimes 3 or 4 days, it's a type of migraine...

Hope it ain't recurring mate, I'm fine now and just have the odd normal type head ache...

44 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Yes mate, suffered bad as a kid into my late teens with this, was on meds for a few years....f***ing awful when it hits then nothing for months, could be a day sometimes 3 or 4 days, it's a type of migraine...

Hope it ain't recurring mate, I'm fine now and just have the odd normal type head ache...

It’s the cavernous space inside your head that allows the tiny brain to rattle around that caused yours  ???

1 hour ago, greg64 said:

was it in your temple like someone was sticking a needle in there

No mate in both my eyes and right over the top of my head felt like something was crushing my skull and pain in the tops of both eyes. I’ve never heard of these headaches before I get migraines quite bad but they feel mild compared to the pain I was in with this thing going to the docs tomorrow see if they can sort me out with anything to help 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, socks said:

It’s the cavernous space inside your head that allows the tiny brain to rattle around that caused yours  ???

Funny...that's what the x-ray showed...lol

• Haha 1
49 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

No mate in both my eyes and right over the top of my head felt like something was crushing my skull and pain in the tops of both eyes. I’ve never heard of these headaches before I get migraines quite bad but they feel mild compared to the pain I was in with this thing going to the docs tomorrow see if they can sort me out with anything to help 

That's it mate...I couldn't handle any light, just wanted to lay in a dark room..made me feel sick as well.

I was on a tiny pill a day for a couple of years, but I've not had a proper head ache like that for 20 or more years.

Feel for you mate, it ain't nice..

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

That's it mate...I couldn't handle any light, just wanted to lay in a dark room..made me feel sick as well.

I was on a tiny pill a day for a couple of years, but I've not had a proper head ache like that for 20 or more years.

Feel for you mate, it ain't nice..

I get the lights with the migraines I get and my vision goes for a while but this was just pure pain I could deal with light it was a strange the crushing feeling with both eyes hurting was mega just hope the docs give me something it’s not fully gone since Friday either feels like another one is right round the corner constantly. Feckin horrid Like you say mate 

Lad I work with suffers badly with them although he hasn’t had an episode in months but when they hit him he is like a zombie for days on end, he ended up going private to see a consultant and said it was the best thing he ever did he also mentioned that a half cup of hot water with as much coffee as he could stomach in it would give him some relief. 

When my brother was in his teens..... early twenties he would get turns like that.  He would see flashing lights and on one occasion he said that there was a fairground on the playing field. (There wasn't ).  Smells like tar or petrol used to set it off.  When he needed petrol he took me to the garage to do the filling and he would walk over the road to get away from the smell. He found that he could get some relief by listening to music on headphones and sleeping.  Eventually he noticed that one of his teeth hurt everytime he had a migraine.   He went to his dentist and demanded that tooth was taken out.  The dentist didn't want to remove the tooth because there was nothing wrong with it .  Brother insisted and when the tooth was removed it was all white but brother split the tooth with a pair of side cutters and it was all black inside !  The dentist said he'd never seen anything like it before.  After the tooth had been removed brother has never had another migraine.  Apparently fillings can cause problems also. With some people. like everything it's a case of horses for courses.

• Like 1

had something similar last wednesday morning.woke up at 4am with the worst pain in my head i have ever had.throwing up with the pain then hyper ventilating so ambulance was called.pins and needles in my hands then got so bad i thought they would blow up.when ambulance crew turn up i thought i was going to die.they tell me nothing is wrong.go to doctors the same day and told nothing is wrong.i say something is obviously wrong so i had blood tests done on friday so back to the doctors on monday to see if they have found anything.a doctor i shoot with has mentioned thyroid problems and as that runs in the family i will have to see on monday