Pleasant surprise

1 minute ago, jukel123 said:

God knows I've tried but the parents just let them get on with it and just accept it as modern life. I can get the eleven year old lad out and about, but the 13 year old just point blank refuses. He's almost as tall as me so he reckons he's big enough to make his own decisions. He was my best mate before this puberty growth spurt malarkey. All he does now is grow some more and become more negative each passing day. I said to him just yesterday " I won't be around forever so make the most of me being about while you can". 

"Not bothered Papa  I'd rather stay here in my room and play on my xbox."

f****n kids! I had no bother at all with my sons when they were growing up but my grandsons are compeletely different. Computers are a menace.

Sign of the times mate. Not with all of them I know, but I think with all this veganism, metro?f***ing sexualism, let's be friends with worldism etc etc, it's all being eroded. Sad times I think

• Like 1

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's weird how quickly hunters become naturalists. Killing animals is just a side issue. It just gives you an excuse/ reason to be in amongst nature. Many  a time I've raised a gun and never delivered

Been cooped up for a couple of days now, so at 8.00 pm took myself for a walk to my local tescos. Mainly just to get out, and to stock up on a few spices etc. Make a nice curry for tomorrow's match. 

Thing is that like most things , you develop this gold standard idea in your head of scenarios and what you envisage them happening . A nice stubble field in a summers day , a lurcher tearing around ,

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Greyman said:

I have a few little twig catapults made up with light bands on, give them to the kids with a bag of dried chick peas limit there computer time and before you no it they will be asking for a catty when they come round not an internet connection, we can’t moan at them using devices if we don’t offer any alternatives ✌️✌️

I agree with that my little grandson comes round and the first thing he does now is go and grab the dogs lead we have some great times muckin about over the forest its like the blind leading the blind i sit showing him footprints and he looks at me as if to say " piss off thats where the dog was just standing you idiot " ?......once he gets home he,ll tuck into his Ipad and whatever devices he has for a while but his little red nose and cold fingers dont stop him wanting all the outdoors he can get he,s loving it and im having a whale of a time ?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thing is that like most things , you develop this gold standard idea in your head of scenarios and what you envisage them happening . A nice stubble field in a summers day , a lurcher tearing around , you with one kid in your shoulders , the other laughing walking . 

In reality, it’s bollocks , you can’t make kids like stuff , you just have to give them they want to do and kind of steer them away from non beneficial stuff and hope they come right about things. 

Onevthing I do though is that I take my kids everywhere we go . 

Its pretty cool the crack they get up to. 

C8E9400B-C686-497D-97E7-D7EBC2D744CF.jpeg

ABC5C049-9AD3-49CC-976C-251BACC662C6.jpeg

D0C8B67C-1ADE-460D-8D71-C936B8156027.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Thing is that like most things , you develop this gold standard idea in your head of scenarios and what you envisage them happening . A nice stubble field in a summers day , a lurcher tearing around , you with one kid in your shoulders , the other laughing walking . 

In reality, it’s bollocks , you can’t make kids like stuff , you just have to give them they want to do and kind of steer them away from non beneficial stuff and hope they come right about things. 

I disagree... my eldest still moans about me marching her up mountains at 5 years old ? You can make them do anything ? Nowadays she's asking me to take her wild camping ?

• Haha 1
49 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Totally agree, when you get old you forget that folks were saying the same about your 13 year old generation......shock, horror ! A teenager is a grumpy, sullen little toe rag !!.........when did that happen ? 

I have to constantly hold myself in check with my lad of 12 and even still with my daughters who are nearly 17 & 18......just let them work it out, they are still finding themselves.

f**k me, I was never allowed to be a kid and I’m still a grumpy old c**t who hasn’t quiet figured it out......and I doubt I ever will.

As you say mate, everyone has this idealised idea about how things should be and reality has a hard time living up to that dream.

• Like 2
On 07/03/2020 at 15:02, WILF said:

Have you ever used a real good quality thermal imager mate?......if you have then you will know that it’s mind blowing just how much you DONT see when you are just out and about or out with the lamp.

I think I’m shaping up to get a breeding pair of birds of prey here on the little farm, don’t know what they are because I’m not right up on my birds but they were sat outside my kitchen window last week and are around all the time lately.

Ill try and get a decent picture and maybe some lads can tell me, they are small but not kestrels  so maybe Spars ?

I have had a thermal for a year and seen stuff I've never seen before in a lifetime of lamping. I love it. Makes any walk any where at night really interesting. No doubt it's handy for when you're out with dog and gun but there's so much more to it than that

• Like 3
On 07/03/2020 at 14:05, big sid said:

YES YES YES  but your lovely foxywoxy is someone else's pest. new kid i also like to see deer....... right next to some roast tatties and peas   on my dinner plate, micky's right it used to be a good hunting site this.

Award for most retarded post goes to ......

My boy was off school Monday with the shits, but it turned out a nice dry day so we headed out across the fields.

We put up a rabbit (a rare beast round here), raised a couple of hares from the headland, flushed a hen pheasant from the long dead sun flowers, watched a harrier go about its business & then we headed over to a fox earth I know. Now this was the bit he loved the most. Amongst the spoil was a few fox bones, bottom jaw etc....... so we had to take those home!

.....We then get to the little meadow beside our garden & find a fairly fresh dead vixen (hit by a car). So now he wants something from this, anything!! So we agree to cut the head off so we can get the skull. One very happy six year old!

My Mrs go’s to parents evening last night & it turns out he’d told the class the whole story on Tuesday, but omitted the bit about cutting the foxes head off......even he considered this too much information. ?

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
2 hours ago, Accip74 said:

My boy was off school Monday with the shits, but it turned out a nice dry day so we headed out across the fields.

We put up a rabbit (a rare beast round here), raised a couple of hares from the headland, flushed a hen pheasant from the long dead sun flowers, watched a harrier go about its business & then we headed over to a fox earth I know. Now this was the bit he loved the most. Amongst the spoil was a few fox bones, bottom jaw etc....... so we had to take those home!

.....We then get to the little meadow beside our garden & find a fairly fresh dead vixen (hit by a car). So now he wants something from this, anything!! So we agree to cut the head off so we can get the skull. One very happy six year old!

My Mrs go’s to parents evening last night & it turns out he’d told the class the whole story on Tuesday, but omitted the bit about cutting the foxes head off......even he considered this too much information. ?

Not too much information  but  information which may not be suitable for persons of a delicate disposition. He has learned to be politically correct already.

Unlike my kids who often put me in the shit when they wrote about my nocturnal adventures  in English  which often involved dead game, blood and guts. God knows what their teachers thought. I got some funny looks at Parents night.lol

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
7 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

Award for most retarded post goes to ......

thank you its a great honour to be the retard of the month as there are many great and talented retards on the site, its something i will cherish and look at fondly so on behalf of me and mine i want to  thank you  mr sheep chaser and all the readers who voted for me, will there be a awards night  or will it come by courier anyway it fairly brightened up my day as i have a heavy cold or flu at the moment but i hope to thankyou and shake your hand and i hope your luck changes and your dog catches one of the sheep you chase, all the best sid

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Scroll quickly past the above post folks, big Sid says he,s got a cold or flu but he could be on here with coronavirus. You should be self isolating  Sid, not spreading it via your posts on here. Selfish b*****d.

Edited by jukel123
On 07/03/2020 at 14:05, W. Katchum said:

My ole man taught me to hunt, then died, the selfish fcuker? uncles, an Grandad’s tried to make time for us but after we got the taste for it, it was all we wanted to do an usually ended up with a rag tag bunch a trampy wee boys out with borrowed dogs, harassing anything an everything truth be told. Wasn’t until I was about 14 an goin off rails badly that a guy who lived up street from us knew I knew a bit about nature an stuff am offered to take me bird watching ??anyways few times a week for a few years an I was still a naughty wee cnut but Nowhere near the path I was going down, but that’s what made me appreciate nature an have had a healthy respect for it ever since. 

kinda forgot me way a while back an it was all about numbers, surrounded by rabbits my kitchen was like a booze free pub most weekends with guys coming from all over to come lamp, but after having rabbit fever for a while again, an ole boy said to me at work one day, killing everything you can when you can don’t make you a hunter lad, it makes you a killer, now I’d rather have a few good days oot  with kids an mutts than one good day trying to get as many  as I could? still partial to the ole, one more slip an we call it a night, or, okay just try this one last field ?

Sound like the same as me mate not long turned 30 stil enjoy hunting the dogs and shooting but if we get a run and it gets away so be it when I was a kid I’d have been broken if my dog missed haha, I still take plenty of pests all year round but it is nice too watch it sometimes too 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, big sid said:

thank you its a great honour to be the retard of the month as there are many great and talented retards on the site, its something i will cherish and look at fondly so on behalf of me and mine i want to  thank you  mr sheep chaser and all the readers who voted for me, will there be a awards night  or will it come by courier anyway it fairly brightened up my day as i have a heavy cold or flu at the moment but i hope to thankyou and shake your hand and i hope your luck changes and your dog catches one of the sheep you chase, all the best sid

You win ? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/03/2020 at 13:14, Accip74 said:

We finally got it finished. Must admit the boy kind of lost interest once the gore of the beheading & the de-fleshing was all done. Maybe he’ll appreciate it more when he’s older?

A5C6F3FA-2D20-4BE9-8C07-DA0F79C9E6C5.jpeg