Pleasant surprise

9 minutes ago, sid g said:

whert expecting owt but the site was full of em they were all over the dunes and in 2 fields next to the site ran a few on the grass section near the beach only had my big torch but got us out ,looking out to sea  watching the fishing boats in the early hours ... everytime i get near the sea makes me want to move ..

Wells??

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's weird how quickly hunters become naturalists. Killing animals is just a side issue. It just gives you an excuse/ reason to be in amongst nature. Many  a time I've raised a gun and never delivered

Been cooped up for a couple of days now, so at 8.00 pm took myself for a walk to my local tescos. Mainly just to get out, and to stock up on a few spices etc. Make a nice curry for tomorrow's match. 

Thing is that like most things , you develop this gold standard idea in your head of scenarios and what you envisage them happening . A nice stubble field in a summers day , a lurcher tearing around ,

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, sid g said:

whert expecting owt but the site was full of em they were all over the dunes and in 2 fields next to the site ran a few on the grass section near the beach only had my big torch but got us out ,looking out to sea  watching the fishing boats in the early hours ... everytime i get near the sea makes me want to move ..Image may contain: dog and outdoor

I'm planning on getting us out sea fishing this year at the comp mate, weather f****d it last year, hopefully we can get out this year

Bonnie is looking good mate..

• Like 2
1 minute ago, sid g said:

i chucked a line in for a hour or 2 but the wind was a killer .. 

Yeah it's been rough for months, the plaice should be in now so next settled bit I'll give it a bash... my backs a bit better so will get the kayak out in the next couple of weeks...

8 minutes ago, sid g said:

no mrs books a load early in the year gets caravans and chalets cheap grand kids ,kids dogs ,  burgh castles ok nice little pub up the road nice walk round the castle ruins and up the broads , gorleston beach up the road decent toby carvery 5 mins drive away , nice pool and club house better than kessingland . fishing lake 5 min drive away if you fish , 

I've got you.. sound's nice that. I'll get my mrs to have a look at it..she does all the booking!! I fancy getting a  boat out on the broads.. but she hasn't got any faith in my boating skills!! I don't fish either by the way... but I've got an urge for a mackerel trip..?

• Like 1
On 07/03/2020 at 15:38, WILF said:

Lovely mate, I still have the occasional look online at property down that way.....little old chapels and churches, stuff like that.

Wonderful part of the world.

I did a few bits in the chewing gum factory at Exeter and it’s great to see fallow just grazing outside the office windows.

Are they building much new housing down there like they are in the Home Counties ? 

The factory is in plymouth not that shithole, they've got the prison... Might be why you got the two places confused ?

• Haha 1
On 07/03/2020 at 15:27, shaaark said:

Lol was reminiscing about [BANNED TEXT] I was a kid, nesting, fishing etc etc, the other night. Tried explaining what 'nesting' was to my youngest lad AGAIN, after he was showing interest in the outdoors a while back. 'What's the point in that?' He asked. Tried explaining, 'huh, seems pointless to me' he scoffed, so I let him go back to his bedroom, and his FAAACKIN X-BOX LIVE or whatever it's f****n called!! Lol

Just tell him the buzz of finding a chaffinch nest with eggs in the spring was our equivalent to him going out to catch a pokemon ✌️✌️

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Just tell him the buzz of finding a chaffinch nest with eggs in the spring was our equivalent to him going out to catch a pokemon ✌️✌️

And snaring a rabbit or hooking a fish was better than a fortnight playing 'Fortnite' or a month on 'Minecraft' or even being bought your first Xbox.lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

He aint got the energy to go looking G, even if he was interested! He's definitely taken after his mother ?

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, shaaark said:

He aint got the energy to go looking G, even if he was interested! He's definitely taken after his mother ?

My grandsons spend ALL their time on computers. Boils my piss. But nothing I can do about it

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

My grandsons spend ALL their time on computers. Boils my piss. But nothing I can do about it

I have a few little twig catapults made up with light bands on, give them to the kids with a bag of dried chick peas limit there computer time and before you no it they will be asking for a catty when they come round not an internet connection, we can’t moan at them using devices if we don’t offer any alternatives ✌️✌️

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Lol it's mad mate, both my grand daughters are into the dogs, outside and all that, especially the youngest who's only 5. Unless it's tipping down, she'll be with my eldest lad, her father, taking the dogs out with him. Our youngest lad, well, I thought he was taking an interest a year or two ago, but it was a pretty swift fleeting interest lol. I think the gene bypassed him lol. Like you say, what can we do? Lol ?

2 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I have a few little twig catapults made up with light bands on, give them to the kids with a bag of dried chick peas limit there computer time and before you no it they will be asking for a catty when they come round not an internet connection, we can’t moan at them using devices if we don’t offer any alternatives ✌️✌️

I think he's just lost all interest in it G, even his fishing, which he did really enjoy. Last time he went, was with his cousin last summer, only about three times at most

13 minutes ago, Greyman said:

God knows I've tried but the parents just let them get on with it and just accept it as modern life. I can get the eleven year old lad out and about, but the 13 year old just point blank refuses. He's almost as tall as me so he reckons he's big enough to make his own decisions. He was my best mate before this puberty growth spurt malarkey. All he does now is grow some more and become more negative each passing day. I said to him just yesterday " I won't be around forever so make the most of me being about while you can". 

"Not bothered Papa  I'd rather stay here in my room and play on my xbox."

f****n kids! I had no bother at all with my sons when they were growing up but my grandsons are compeletely different. Computers are a menace.

• Like 3