Thoughts on this cross

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dogs are intelligent enough to work out the pace that is required to catch their prey.Speed is a great attribute but those of us that were lucky enough to be old enough to witness a coursing event, wi

Up on the moorlands and dales you don't need plenty of speed,you need enough but you also need toughness and brains,a pal of mine has had  ACD 1/2 x's for ferreting up there and a better cross takes s

You try slipping a dog on something it sees 200 yds away without the speed to get there before its out of sight.

10 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Sounds too much working dog not enough running dog for me,I'd only want a 1/4 working dog at most.

I've just been given the full breeding, 

It works out that the pups would be..... On paper of course..... 

1/2 greyhound 1/4 Kelpie 1/8 collie 1/8 Whippet 

9 hours ago, Loton Moocher said:

if your after a ferreting dog that's as tough as old boots with good feet you wont go wrong with a first x beddy/grey that's if you can fine a genuine one ?

My retired bitch is whippet x beddy greyhound. She's been a fantastic dog for me, if I could have another like her I would without thinking about it. I bought her from an advert in the countrymans weekly, best £150 I've ever spent. It's a shame litters like this aren't bred anymore. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Tom n Sky said:

My retired bitch is whippet x beddy greyhound. She's been a fantastic dog for me, if I could have another like her I would without thinking about it. I bought her from an advert in the countrymans weekly, best £150 I've ever spent. It's a shame litters like this aren't bred anymore. 

Why not wait for another beddy cross

1 minute ago, nothernlite said:

Why not wait for another beddy cross

I could, but where are they? 

I never see them advertised or word of mouth. Are there any genuine litters of this cross nowadays? I keep reading that bedlingtons aren't what they used to be so even if I did find a genuine bred litter, would they be the real deal? 

7 minutes ago, Tom n Sky said:

I could, but where are they? 

I never see them advertised or word of mouth. Are there any genuine litters of this cross nowadays? I keep reading that bedlingtons aren't what they used to be so even if I did find a genuine bred litter, would they be the real deal? 

Maybe you would of been better breeding of your bitch 

• Like 1

Dogs are intelligent enough to work out the pace that is required to catch their prey.Speed is a great attribute but those of us that were lucky enough to be old enough to witness a coursing event, will know that speed can be a disadvantage. overshooting cost many a dog first place Ferreting a dog that can work out what position to be in is worth its weight in gold i had one it showed up a few dogs with so called reputations. Anyway just enjoy the game while it lasts.

• Like 4