Looking to ban red diesel now!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If they ban the use of and the supply of red diesel. Then diesel theft will be huge as everyone will want the white diesel for there cars etc.as every tractor and piece of plant will.be using whi

No it's not .. heating oil has no lubrication properties in it ..

The tanker that fills the tank for plant at our fank fills the house heating oil tanks at the same time.

1 minute ago, Chid said:

Well it's not here .. 

NI use green die I believe?

The may even use different for heating oil there, but not here.

Edited by Gav
1 minute ago, Gav said:

Because oil is a lubricant ?

Clearly me and you are talking about 2 different things I'm talking about 28 sec kerosene .. 

Normal red is 35 secs gas oil 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, wilbur foxhound said:

If it was possible to remove the dye in red deseil you’d become a millionaire overnight,lol

Fullers earth through soil pipes pal, you tube the chavs of manchester doing it on a grand scale.

And you'd have the tax man on yer arse for using 25000 gallons on a single tractor ? they ain't daft.

When you buy red here you have to fill a form in an say what its for.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

You can get the die out. It's called washed diesel. But you also wash the lubricant out. Knew a diesel fitter who was changing the fuel pump on this fellas merc every 6 months or so, he confronted him and told him to stop, but the fella refused said it was cheaper for him to change the pump twice a year than pay full price fuel. Apparently he was up and down Scotland all the time, this was a few years ago mind, don't think he'd be making the saving now

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, wilbur foxhound said:

If it was possible to remove the dye in red deseil you’d become a millionaire overnight,lol

Plenty of millionaires about from washing diesel. Lol. 
 Used to be kitty litter they used now they are boiling it. Lol. 

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Why would banning red make folk steal more white?? Lots white goes missing up here, can’t see why banning red would make more folk steal it, why would they?

Think maybe because it would be in every tractor and machine that usually runs on red. Easily stolen. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Why would banning red make folk steal more white?? Lots white goes missing up here, can’t see why banning red would make more folk steal it, why would they?

Simply because every single diesel engine that was run on red would now be run on white.

It's not rocket science..

7 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

They wouldn’t be able to afford to mate, no way, do you know what a farm fuel bill would be like running everything on white diesel?

I bet it's huge.fuel cost would double overnight.it won't happen mate.

The opencast I was on in Wales the diesel bill was crazy.

That's why I can't see them banning the use of red.

Even mini 9ton dumper sitting on the side of the road full of white lol.

It would be great ?

I think the eu wanted to stop the use of red and the plan was you would claim the tax back on anything not used for propulsion purposes on the road at the end of the year I guess they want to stay inline ?

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, walshie said:

White diesel is a thing?

Some say it is.

But I can state that a brand new Mercedes A class with 300 miles on the clock used to love the cherry ?

• Haha 1