Handgun club?

It depends on what sort of handgun.  I think that some use long barreled handguns with a sort of wrist stock.  These are more like a sort of carbine than a handgun.  Although I was around when handguns were legal I  never had one or even fired one.  I've used sub machine guns, self loading rifles and gpmg but although I handled 9mm autos I  never fired one. Some clubs use them but it's America for you or carry on dreaming.

Edited by Meece
1 hour ago, KimE said:

You can take a beguinners course at my local club.

Because we can't have handguns in the UK,  there aren't  any beginners courses. No one can even hold handguns at a club so training doesn't exist for something that you cant buy or hold. I couldn't envisage getting some sort of replica and sitting watching TV and shooting down  the baddies.  Or making out I'm James Bond or something.  It just isn't  me. 

I did encounter a customer who announced to me that he had a GUN !!!....A......  " SIXGUN " !!!  Now this bloke was the most unlikely bloke to have any sort of weapon.  He looked like Mike Baldwin off of Coronation Street. About 9 stone wet. ????.  I asked him why he had it ?  ?????........ He said he was a " COWBOY" ???  ????? He'd also got a Stetson and Cuban heeled boots. ?????.  He was dead serious about all of this and I had to bite my lip to stop pissing myself with laughing so much... Holding myself together I  asked him where he was a cowboy.? He said that the COWBOY club met together at some holiday camps like Pontins or somewhere.   If you were a MEMBER,  you had to attend so many times a year to hold your position. You had to be there by a certain time and you had to be in costume by 4.30 or you got penalty points. Some were Indians and squaws others were cow girls. They had to greet one another with howdy partner or HOW.!!  He was really serious and right into it .  We didn't enquire if there was much it the way of riding cowgirl or intercepting the Apachies or Tonto over the weekend.??????  We were having a hard job keeping a straight face. Still he left content that he had informed us about his weekend activites and we were crippled up laughing about it when he had gone. " Hi ho Silver,  Here come the lone ranger". "YEE HAAH,  HEAD EM UP AND MOVE EM ON OUT".. ???????

• Haha 2

These are the type of UK legal handguns, unless you've been using club owned ones a very long time, getting a ticket for them is next to non, there is only one use for these and its target shooting.

But you can have historical handguns in UK?

In my Swedish pistol club we have competitions in blackpowder handguns and rifles. Cartridge, percussion, flintlock and matchlock/Teppo.  Some in the club compete with 160y old revolvers I have a Uberti replica.  Of cause we have also competitions with modern handguns to.

Just now, KimE said:

But you can have historical handguns in UK?

In my Swedish pistol club we have competitions in blackpowder handguns and rifles. Cartridge, percussion, flintlock and matchlock/Teppo.  Some in the club compete with 160y old revolvers I have a Uberti replica.  Of cause we have also competitions with modern handguns to.

Yes blackpowder front stuffers are legal.

7 hours ago, Meece said:

Because we can't have handguns in the UK,  there aren't  any beginners courses. No one can even hold handguns at a club so training doesn't exist for something that you cant buy or hold. I couldn't envisage getting some sort of replica and sitting watching TV and shooting down  the baddies.  Or making out I'm James Bond or something.  It just isn't  me. 

I did encounter a customer who announced to me that he had a GUN !!!....A......  " SIXGUN " !!!  Now this bloke was the most unlikely bloke to have any sort of weapon.  He looked like Mike Baldwin off of Coronation Street. About 9 stone wet. ????.  I asked him why he had it ?  ?????........ He said he was a " COWBOY" ???  ????? He'd also got a Stetson and Cuban heeled boots. ?????.  He was dead serious about all of this and I had to bite my lip to stop pissing myself with laughing so much... Holding myself together I  asked him where he was a cowboy.? He said that the COWBOY club met together at some holiday camps like Pontins or somewhere.   If you were a MEMBER,  you had to attend so many times a year to hold your position. You had to be there by a certain time and you had to be in costume by 4.30 or you got penalty points. Some were Indians and squaws others were cow girls. They had to greet one another with howdy partner or HOW.!!  He was really serious and right into it .  We didn't enquire if there was much it the way of riding cowgirl or intercepting the Apachies or Tonto over the weekend.??????  We were having a hard job keeping a straight face. Still he left content that he had informed us about his weekend activites and we were crippled up laughing about it when he had gone. " Hi ho Silver,  Here come the lone ranger". "YEE HAAH,  HEAD EM UP AND MOVE EM ON OUT".. ???????

Cowboys and indians is bigger than you might think. I was at a show one time and in the next field were some full size teepees. On investigation it was a club. everything about the "indians" was authentic including all the cooking stuff, clothes etc and in the woods next door they had built a wild west town. The members had built a holiday chalet for themselves but it had to have the fascia of the barbers shop or the blacksmith or the bank. The saloon was an actual pub. They had club meets about six times a year.

I won't call him a friend, more of an aquaintence, but we arranged to have a drink together in his locale he had on the full "Jack Black" outfit including boots, spurs and stetson. We went to his local pub and he took his personal sixgun and belt from a rack. All around the walls of the garden were the fascias of a bank, saloon etc.

I never went back. :)

A man was recent convicted in Sweden for endangered species crime he was making  and collecting "Indian" stuff from predatory birds.

We use our ordinary clothes then we shoot blackpowder here some even use a modern shooting jacket then they shoot ml rifle.

Today i am going for pistol training "fält"(field competition) with the club its -15c right now but sunny. Everything between .22lr and .45acp can be used by the members.

Edited by KimE
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, toxo said:

Cowboys and indians is bigger than you might think. I was at a show one time and in the next field were some full size teepees. On investigation it was a club. everything about the "indians" was authentic including all the cooking stuff, clothes etc and in the woods next door they had built a wild west town. The members had built a holiday chalet for themselves but it had to have the fascia of the barbers shop or the blacksmith or the bank. The saloon was an actual pub. They had club meets about six times a year.

I won't call him a friend, more of an aquaintence, but we arranged to have a drink together in his locale he had on the full "Jack Black" outfit including boots, spurs and stetson. We went to his local pub and he took his personal sixgun and belt from a rack. All around the walls of the garden were the fascias of a bank, saloon etc.

I never went back. :)

an aquaintence ,,,  ??? I bet he had a big sixgun. Did you tell him that it suited him.?  Did you,  Did you.?

The bloke that I wrote about was right into it.  I think that if we had burst out laughing about it, he would have gotten REALLY ANGRY ??????

• Like 1