Catching lost ferrets

I've been told about some ferrets that seem to be lost on a local farm,  they're not mine but have been there the last few days. I don't have a ton of experience with ferrets but I was wondering if there was any way I could catch them to try and reunite them with their owner or take them to a recue centre. Any advice would be much apriciated! 

As above but I use a Squirrel live trap I also have a mink trap that works well baited with meat, A bit of mince meat in one of those little red onion bags that hold three. But if you walk around and you see one it might come to you or you may be able to pick it up. Might pay to take a pair of gloves mate as even some tame ferrets are one man ferrets. One of mine will nip a stranger some times but never me.

Cheers Arry 

• Like 4

Hopefully there found as mentioned a live trap or just wandering around you can pick them up all the strays ive dealt with over the years have just been picked up by people out walking or been grabbed in there gardens. if they can pick them up. depends on the area surrey may be worth searching ferret rescue surrey they may know of some missing in the area i can also share my clubs page hants and berks ferret club as we have contacts with people over surrey way.

Recon they been dumped by some b*****d as you say some ferrets implying more than one, unusual for somebody to lose more than one unless they have escaped from a hutch. Somebody who is fed up because theres no rabbits or just the end of the season. Found them dead on the road nearly always by a gateway were they have stop the car chucked them over the gate drove off and the ferret has walk back out onto the road looking for the owner.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

yes arry some sick people about, i found a few in the past, mostly lost, looked ok, just took them home and cleaned them up ticks etc.

put the word out .one chap call and wanted to give me £20 ...said that's one of his best hobs

i took a couple of rabbits of him instead....

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...