Chicken mince for young ferrets ?

3 hours ago, The one said:

You just got to watch chicken as it can go off quickly , but why mince they got big teeth as there carnivores 

That's what I was worried about,the pet grade chicken mince not being fresh enough.I thought the young ones would get more of the bone/calcium if it was minced.

I mince all my ferrets food ready for the summer months  be it rabbit, chicken, or what ever else I can get what way I can carry on feeding meat and not worry about the meat going off as I am control the a mount going in and it keeps the flies down

• Like 1

I just feed carcasess late at night and remove the remains in the morning the carcasess are still fly blown and after a few days the metal bin i put the remains in is alive with maggots just wish there was a fisherman who wanted a couple of pints of maggots , i tried mine on dry food but they just scattered it over the floor 

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, The one said:

I just feed carcasess late at night and remove the remains in the morning the carcasess are still fly blown and after a few days the metal bin i put the remains in is alive with maggots just wish there was a fisherman who wanted a couple of pints of maggots , i tried mine on dry food but they just scattered it over the floor 

I do similar myself, always got a steady supply of fishing bait?

• Like 1

When i clean out the ferrets i always double bag it then put it in the blue council bin , the nice lady on the phone and the lads at the local recycling yard said i should be putting the meat remains in the brown gardening bin LOL they said same place as your turkey remains at xmas , Well i cant wait till the summer now ive enough pheasants and rabbits put away to feed them for months so whats going to happen the first time the brown bins full of maggots and they dump it in the motor LOl