To breed pied mules most people use pea throat or chav British goldfinchs to yellow mosaics (old name dimorpics) or the like but a lot of people now to breed clear mules or pied use Siberian goldies. I’m hoping to try for some miniature mules this year English goldfinch to a white an blue variegated fife hen I’m hoping for some yellow feathered mules an some common blue drab mules 

• Like 2
On 03/03/2020 at 08:21, poxon said:

To breed pied mules most people use pea throat or chav British goldfinchs to yellow mosaics (old name dimorpics) or the like but a lot of people now to breed clear mules or pied use Siberian goldies. I’m hoping to try for some miniature mules this year English goldfinch to a white an blue variegated fife hen I’m hoping for some yellow feathered mules an some common blue drab mules 

I bred some nice little goldie and redpoll mules using little irish fancy's and the native cocks,i used blue and yellows and did get some nice bluey mules...

Good luck with your coming seasons folks and post some pics...:victory:

1 hour ago, fireman said:

I bred some nice little goldie and redpoll mules using little irish fancy's and the native cocks,i used blue and yellows and did get some nice bluey mules...

Good luck with your coming seasons folks and post some pics...:victory:

I bred one redpoll mule about 4years ago that turned out to be a hen unfortunately using a silver redpoll cock to a intensive red hen when I was breeding reds for the show bench it was a accident mating id run out of space the redpoll hen had died so I put the cock in with the hen as I wanted the flight cage for young reds to moult out in my intention was to use the spare red hen has a feeder just incase so I let her sit on the eggs she layed I was in my old bird shed an was checking eggs for fertility was surprised to see 2 of the 3 of her eggs were full only one hatched the other dead in shell she was a smart looking little mule she had a nice shape to her she was like a Opel pink colour with silver type washed out markings I gave her to a fellow red breeder to use as a feeder I’ve not done any goldie mules for about 6yrs was the last time I bred them I come out the competitive red birds for showing it was to much for me with work,family life an with the dogs as well every year I’ve been decreasing canarys that I keep the reds have gone but felt a couple of years ago that just keeping a couple just to keep my hand in was the way to go so thought a couple of pairs of Fife’s was the way to go but they still breed like mice lol so thought I’d try for mules again gave all the Fife’s away to a guy I work with for his aviary keeping 2 (19) bred hens for my self to mule with 

• Like 1