Bloody myxie

9 hours ago, myersbg said:

Had a run in with a farmer the other day who asked if i could get him myxied rabbits, he was willing to put myxie down but would not let anyone on to catch them

I’d have said yeah no bother, then carried on as I do and he wouldn’t be the wiser ?

• Like 2

when I worked as coalminer in the early 80s there was a smallholder who worked there. he was always moaning about rabbits and asking for myxied rabbits. yet he wouldn't let anyone on despite there being loads of rabbiting lads at the pit. 

Myxi is an ever present in all rabbit populations now it’s just a question of how much damage it does to a population...a bit like Coronavirus ?. Round me it crops up for almost no reason whatsoever and odd times of year, was really bad 3 years ago and really hit them very hard but the following year not so bad as I assume the remaining rabbits were not living in such close proximity and also had a degree of immunity.  

1 hour ago, Bobtheferret said:

Myxi is an ever present in all rabbit populations now it’s just a question of how much damage it does to a population...a bit like Coronavirus ?. Round me it crops up for almost no reason whatsoever and odd times of year, was really bad 3 years ago and really hit them very hard but the following year not so bad as I assume the remaining rabbits were not living in such close proximity and also had a degree of immunity.  

Comes 1 month gone the next some places other whIpes it out for years wierd 

20 hours ago, The one said:

I watched all the rabbit numbers build up at work last summer and just as i got ready to shoot it myxi flattened the lot , we used to shoot 60/70 a fortnight now you get 6 to 10 

I would say shooting 60/70 a fortnight has done more damage than myxi 

10 minutes ago, moonlighter said:

I would say shooting 60/70 a fortnight has done more damage than myxi 

U say that but old pheasant shoot we used 2 have the land owner used 2 shoot 200 odd rabbits a season and we used shoot around 300 just doing the rounds feeding there was barely any Warren's and no room 2 run adog but them shot made no dent in numbers then myxi hit was none left hardly 

70 a fortnight tho ?