My god my legs ache:laugh:,walked bloody plenty of miles today and i'd say easy over a dozen through wood,boggy wood and even boggier woodland and across a few open fields travelling from wood to wood. Everyone had a good day although the number of squirrels wasn't half of what we expected but every dray seen was shot well out and when they did show themselves at times it sounded like the somme with some lead flying upwards and squirrels coming back down and the lads got through some slabs of cartridges:hunter:, ground game was not allowed which saved a bloody good few ( far to many imo )munties but hey ho.We all had a grand day anyway as good company, a bloody good bit of banter and guns is a perfect mix,66 squirrels, half dozen or so pigeons  so  roll on the end of shooting season next year..:victory:

IMG_20191227_174507770.jpg

• Like 15

Just now, Stavross said:

That’s quality, give me that over the game shooting any day ??????

I can have a peg any time i want and have had the offer for a good few years now but never wanted to just stand on a peg and shoot at game,i'll never knock another mans sport but just not for me.But walking up and shooting squirrels is a thing i could do every week,i take about 6 shots a year at pigeons and haven't hit one yet:laugh: but again that flying bird thing ain't really for me anyway..Did find a few new holes to check with the terrier as well when out in some bits we don't normaly walk through but need a day or two to gather some strength first...

1 hour ago, Gooner said:

Saved a few song birds this year for sure ?

I recon so mate and the birds are starting to wake up to spring now so plenty of song was heard between shots as it were and there nest will be a lot safer this year..:victory:

• Like 7

I do enjoy a days shooting on my syndicate but most of the time I’m happy to let others shoot while I run the beaters, vermin shooting is more my thing and I’ll always have a rifle or a shotgun with me whenever I’m up at the shoot, it’s always nice to have a walk around and get to know your land, we have people in our syndicate that have been in it a lot longer than me but don’t know the land anywhere near as well as I do 

• Like 3
On 29/02/2020 at 18:39, fireman said:

My god my legs ache:laugh:,walked bloody plenty of miles today and i'd say easy over a dozen through wood,boggy wood and even boggier woodland and across a few open fields travelling from wood to wood. Everyone had a good day although the number of squirrels wasn't half of what we expected but every dray seen was shot well out and when they did show themselves at times it sounded like the somme with some lead flying upwards and squirrels coming back down and the lads got through some slabs of cartridges:hunter:, ground game was not allowed which saved a bloody good few ( far to many imo )munties but hey ho.We all had a grand day anyway as good company, a bloody good bit of banter and guns is a perfect mix,66 squirrels, half dozen or so pigeons  so  roll on the end of shooting season next year..:victory:

IMG_20191227_174507770.jpg

Great result, glad you had a good day?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1