Trailcam of a log crossing

13 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

P.s lucky I didn't come across his camera

Perhaps not a good idea in some cases.  new  technology sends that footage direct to mobile phone and even sends footage to a remote storage unit.  Ring doorbells do this. Son in law has one and it is connected to his mobile. A woman down the road has one and when her daughter comes home from school it comes up on her phone. Thw woman can see if shes on her own ect .  The picture quality is superb. A couple of strangers called at her door and she put the footage on the local community page. My daughter saw it and relàyed it to me. I'd seen these people and had seen this couple going door to door. They were jovas door knocking. I told the woman. Also some of these units are like a tracker with GPS.  I was told about a camera unit that had been found up in wood near me that had been set up to monitor poßible wild boar movement by a university workiñg in conjunction to DEFRA.  This camera unit was powered by a big tractor battery and was well camouflaged. I don't know who found  the unit but it was decided to leave the unit alone and keep away from it. Modern technology. It's like that bloke that got caught by the telemetry from his range rover after he'd shot some bloke with a crossbow in north Wales and then burnt the  motor out.  Everything down to the second was recorded  back at jaguar landrover. nailed.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Meece said:

Perhaps not a good idea in some cases.  new  technology sends that footage direct to mobile phone and even sends footage to a remote storage unit.  Ring doorbells do this. Son in law has one and it is connected to his mobile. A woman down the road has one and when her daughter comes home from school it comes up on her phone. Thw woman can see if shes on her own ect .  The picture quality is superb. A couple of strangers called at her door and she put the footage on the local community page. My daughter saw it and relàyed it to me. I'd seen these people and had seen this couple going door to door. They were jovas door knocking. I told the woman. Also some of these units are like a tracker with GPS.  I was told about a camera unit that had been found up in wood near me that had been set up to monitor poßible wild boar movement by a university workiñg in conjunction to DEFRA.  This camera unit was powered by a big tractor battery and was well camouflaged. I don't know who found  the unit but it was decided to leave the unit alone and keep away from it. Modern technology. It's like that bloke that got caught by the telemetry from his range rover after he'd shot some bloke with a crossbow in north Wales and then burnt the  motor out.  Everything down to the second was recorded  back at jaguar landrover. nailed.

Good story’s, but it’s just a long standing joke mate, since he got caught on a trail cam running naked in the woods in ladies briefs  ?

• Haha 2

Technology has gone mad we,ve been using a camera to stop the pup from chewing a kitchen cupboard it connects to your phone and you can talk into it....if im out and look on the screen and catch him doing it i roar down the phone and he backs off straight away its so funny to watch he aint got a clue whats going on ?......only about a score off of Amazon as well.

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Technology has gone mad we,ve been using a camera to stop the pup from chewing a kitchen cupboard it connects to your phone and you can talk into it....if im out and look on the screen and catch him doing it i roar down the phone and he backs off straight away its so funny to watch he aint got a clue whats going on ?......only about a score off of Amazon as well.

My daughter lives on a narrow boat and has one in her boat to watch her cat when she is not home also has motion sensor so starts filming if anyone walks in when she’s out and sends it all to her phone like you say tek has gone mad but can be great if you make it work for you ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

I love it ?  " Oi Rover,:  Yes you,  you b*****d you, get away from that cupboard. !!!! "   "ROVER :   Bloody cupboard" " it can speak". "b*****d " ????

Edited by Meece
  • Haha 1
18 hours ago, Greyman said:

Whenever I do that it’s like a black and white striped train from an hour after dark until first light, 

You must have loads of footage from trail cams. Would be good to see a wee montage of some of your stuff. 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

You must have loads of footage from trail cams. Would be good to see a wee montage of some of your stuff. 

I,ve only got an iPad mate so can’t get them on YouTube or anything I,ve got a box full of SD cards with hundreds of vids and stills of British wildlife would be good to get them all edited into a couple of films, hopefully when I finally get moved I,ll treat myself to a decent laptop and have a go  ??

• Like 1