How's your first season dogs gone?

On 28/02/2020 at 18:46, poxon said:

I’ve been running this bitch she’s been going pretty good all season mowing rabbits down pretty regular no numbers or out but been pretty consistent. I’ve been getting them all back to hand but thats about all she has to offer is rabbits The offer of heat as been offered a good few times now under apprenticeship in my eyes she’s a coward an only a rabbit dog but may surprise me at a later date who knows in my eyes she’s not made the grade for what I expect in a lamp dog as both her parents were decent dogs an the bitch was bred by my self I think she’s poorly constructed her feet ain’t a lot of good she’s had on off injury’s with feet but that’s how it goes some times it’s all a short straws game I’ll be keeping her for mooching about as I like her in her self an good round the house with the kids an kennels well she’ll get the odd night on the lamp on rabbits But all my focus will go to My young bitch 

4FFC0748-B326-4DF5-9162-EC44C8C56B19.jpeg

Pup nearly 9months old out on a walk self entered couple of days ago an has more bottle to get stuck in than the bitch above ???Proper buzzing for the black bitch can’t wait till next season so see what she’s all about 

5050E7CB-BD12-48E4-AD4D-0D50438C15AD.jpeg

• Like 6

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got this bitch bout October time, she's went from a 27tts spaniel not watching lamp and just wanting to hunt up to running the lamp very well and I can slip her as far as the eye can see so to speak. 

Had a rough few months with the wife having health issues so not got out as much as I would of liked tbh.... Next month I will be able to get on some ground when shooting stops, and get back into it?m

I’ve been running this bitch she’s been going pretty good all season mowing rabbits down pretty regular no numbers or out but been pretty consistent. I’ve been getting them all back to hand but thats

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, poxon said:

Pup nearly 9months old out on a walk self entered couple of days ago an has more bottle to get stuck in than the bitch above ???Proper buzzing for the black bitch can’t wait till next season so see what she’s all about 

5050E7CB-BD12-48E4-AD4D-0D50438C15AD.jpeg

Fair play mate, happy to hear it for you. Even better when they surprise you like that. Mine done exactly same at 9 month. Finished on a high last night of the season with 3. Hopefully they keep it up ??

• Like 1
On 27/03/2020 at 20:31, Igz said:

Always said I liked the look of that pup ?

She’s a smart bitch ain’t she I’m liking her a lot the whole litter are nice they’ve all self entered bar 1 that’s in a sporting home an seem to punching well above there weight for there age 

Happy days mate, she looks a solid bitch. Hope things work out. Good signs if most doing what there owners want. Took pup out few nights ago to be honest I’d only been walking mine now really but there was high winds and it was quite cold so I wanted to keep him up to date with things and he had couple nice catches. I know it’s probably a bit late but that will be us finished now ending on a high. Sure wel bump into a few bits and pieces on our local summer walks but he seems like he got heart. Even better for you aswel as it’s a bitch and I know you want to keep your own stuff so it could be a good start for you. atb Igz

• 2 weeks later...

U never no pal I have a big dog here he is very good on rabbits seldom misses them got him for red lad he could catch them no problem but would spit them out as soon as they turn there head like u I kept him because I liked the dog and the way he could run very mannerly and easy to work with by the end of the session he caught3 single handed and guzzled them I took a lot of stick for keeping him but the way things turned out he’s just gone 2 and a half I’d b very surprised if he didn’t work out next session I think the dog just needed to mature

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...
On 29/02/2020 at 11:52, jacob evo said:

Here my first season dog GUNNER he had a real good first season running and getting his mouth round plenty, gunner is a fly machine when it comes to chasing his quarry down, he got a nose like a hound if it's there he will find it!!

FB_IMG_1572261291398.jpg

Looking good Jacob glad he's doing well for you..

• Like 1