How's your first season dogs gone?

13 hours ago, poxon said:

That’s how it is sometimes mate I’m in the opinion That it’s all a lucky dip with dogs you can breed best to best theres no guarantee on nothing you think you’ve picked the best but the lucky dips the same on end result being lucky . Cheers mate she’s a looker ain’t she

How was the others in the litter

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got this bitch bout October time, she's went from a 27tts spaniel not watching lamp and just wanting to hunt up to running the lamp very well and I can slip her as far as the eye can see so to speak. 

Had a rough few months with the wife having health issues so not got out as much as I would of liked tbh.... Next month I will be able to get on some ground when shooting stops, and get back into it?m

I’ve been running this bitch she’s been going pretty good all season mowing rabbits down pretty regular no numbers or out but been pretty consistent. I’ve been getting them all back to hand but thats

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Flacko said:

Jcm you never used your dog on a bitch ?

My little black and tan? Yeah once to a beddy bull whippet. Pup made a good fox dog but one hell of a yapper.  Pup is stood beside him 

Screenshot_20200229_115048_com.android.gallery3d.jpg.83173749cd5493529361beda97e461a6.jpg

13 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Not exactly her first season as she still a pup an next season be her first by my reckoning, but done all I was expecting an more, just gonna let her grow an mature bit more with a summer over her back an crack on come sept an see how she fairs ?3C701301-70EC-4E00-83AE-94631CE567B8.jpeg.33d781fc1d33ead160345d6b9b089862.jpeg7A2B4C9B-AC22-4831-BD21-6396C41B5F2B.jpeg.4c0b3e0c9b02c8955c7e26abec9d0574.jpeg

Lovely looking dog mate good luck in the future for u both atb longers01 

5 minutes ago, jacob evo said:

Here my first season dog GUNNER he had a real good first season running and getting his mouth round plenty, gunner is a fly machine when it comes to chasing his quarry down, he got a nose like a hound if it's there he will find it!!

FB_IMG_1572261291398.jpg

He's a fine animal ?

• Thanks 1

Here CLYDE he gunner brother, Clyde ain't had a bad season considering he done a tendon as a young pup and he was on the lead for a good few months, Clyde also killed plenty of gear, both of them retrive well on the bunnies, clyde can also use him nose when he needs to use it, happy with both pups see what next season brings

FB_IMG_1580846661133.jpg

3 hours ago, troyboy17 said:

How was the others in the litter

All good fella construction wise with no issues an seem to be working well for there owners with no complaints as I’ve asked for honesty off them about them they all seem very happy a few went to pet homes an competitive obedience homes a couple went to racing/show homes the ones in working homes are accounting for there selfs well I guess my pick out the 2 bitches in the second litter was a unlucky one but only had a choice of 2 only keeping bitches But I’m asking for more than just a rabbit dog if it was just a rabbit dog there’s no complaints on mowing rabbits down on the lamp or ferreting  She’s a fast bitch for a 23tts bitch and does well but picks up foot injury’s Not good when you want to be out working the bitch  this bitch seems greyhound footed but there is a lot of distant whippet greyhound in the breeding And seems to have thrown to a hairy none ped the land I’m now running on isn’t forgiving land but we’re I was living when I bred the bitch would of been more suited to her type fast moving big flat land she’s been quick enough to retrieve shot hare can’t grumble to much as she’s probably put more rabbits to bed this season than Many have done out there like I’ve already said I want more out of a dog than a rabbit dog but she’ll do me as a reserve For nocking rabbits over all my dogs have a mental contact with me personally they stay till they meet there maker win/draw or  a duffer ? that’s how it is though they can’t all be winners 

• Like 4

Here’s myne enjoying a beef ice lol in the sun today. 15 months now and showing great promise for me. Suprised me for the first time at 9 months at the back end of last summer when he found himself sumet to have a play with. Then there was a few times I was thinking he was chasing and not connecting but I have to put that down to his age as just after he started to get the nack. Then out a few weeks ago with a keeper mate of mine and he retrieved 3 in about 3 hours so was over the moon. He’s had a good teacher in my other dog and also done other stuff on his own aswel so at the moment he’s deffo worth feeding. Think a lot has to do with how much they get out as I don’t think any of my dogs would be near where there at if I wasn’t out 4-5 times a week. I’ve slowed up a bit now the last week or two. Just been a bit lazy more than anything but both my dogs have done plenty. I’ll be sticking to daytime walks now with probably just a few more nights on the lamp this month keep him keen then wel enjoy our rest over the summer. Atb Igz

• Like 3

I’d say I’ve run him a little heavy this season to be honest but I just wanted to keep a bit of meat on him. Next season I will trim him down a bit to hopefully make him that little bit sharper. They will still get out for atlest an hour or so most days during the summer so won’t be just lying on there bed. I actually like to wake up at 4-5 in the morning in the summer months throw a t shirt and shorts on and have a quick hour local before the dog walkers get out. Atb Igz

1 hour ago, Igz said:

I’d say I’ve run him a little heavy this season to be honest but I just wanted to keep a bit of meat on him. Next season I will trim him down a bit to hopefully make him that little bit sharper. They will still get out for atlest an hour or so most days during the summer so won’t be just lying on there bed. I actually like to wake up at 4-5 in the morning in the summer months throw a t shirt and shorts on and have a quick hour local before the dog walkers get out. Atb Igz

Best part of the day 

• Like 3
On 28/02/2020 at 18:46, poxon said:

I’ve been running this bitch she’s been going pretty good all season mowing rabbits down pretty regular no numbers or out but been pretty consistent. I’ve been getting them all back to hand but thats about all she has to offer is rabbits The offer of heat as been offered a good few times now under apprenticeship in my eyes she’s a coward an only a rabbit dog but may surprise me at a later date who knows in my eyes she’s not made the grade for what I expect in a lamp dog as both her parents were decent dogs an the bitch was bred by my self I think she’s poorly constructed her feet ain’t a lot of good she’s had on off injury’s with feet but that’s how it goes some times it’s all a short straws game I’ll be keeping her for mooching about as I like her in her self an good round the house with the kids an kennels well she’ll get the odd night on the lamp on rabbits But all my focus will go to My young bitch 

4FFC0748-B326-4DF5-9162-EC44C8C56B19.jpeg

Honest dog man ??

• Like 4

My big pup has done ok this season, still a big daft pup and apart from possibilities of call outs he is probably done for this season due to a real dab bout of gastro this last week causing him to drop 4kg.

He is using his nose, switching on to the lamp game, just needs to meet some bigger quarry to look at . 

Best of all he is a pleasure to live with 

• Like 4