How's your first season dogs gone?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got this bitch bout October time, she's went from a 27tts spaniel not watching lamp and just wanting to hunt up to running the lamp very well and I can slip her as far as the eye can see so to speak. 

Had a rough few months with the wife having health issues so not got out as much as I would of liked tbh.... Next month I will be able to get on some ground when shooting stops, and get back into it?m

I’ve been running this bitch she’s been going pretty good all season mowing rabbits down pretty regular no numbers or out but been pretty consistent. I’ve been getting them all back to hand but thats

Posted Images

Had a rough few months with the wife having health issues so not got out as much as I would of liked tbh.... Next month I will be able to get on some ground when shooting stops, and get back into it?more than happy with how she has turned out, lovely temperament, no bother at all with other dogs and stock, got a nose like a hound, looking forward to the next few seasons fingers crossed ?DSC_0270.JPG.e284cfc6135ee647dadf6312be4272ca.JPG

• Like 18

Im well pleased with how my dog has done this season. I held him back a bit to start with but gave him a good bit amount of work the last few months. Hes mad keen to go weather its up a ditch at cover, around holes or on the lamp.                                                           His sister i also have was slower to start but has been showing good signs recently. will have to wait and see how shes goes come September. ?. Pity our season has finished up now, long wait till it starts again. 

IMG_20200107_175337.jpg

IMG_20200107_175315.jpg

• Like 9
47 minutes ago, Liamboy said:

Im well pleased with how my dog has done this season. I held him back a bit to start with but gave him a good bit amount of work the last few months. Hes mad keen to go weather its up a ditch at cover, around holes or on the lamp.                                                           His sister i also have was slower to start but has been showing good signs recently. will have to wait and see how shes goes come September. ?. Pity our season has finished up now, long wait till it starts again. 

IMG_20200107_175337.jpg

IMG_20200107_175315.jpg

Nice animal, saluki bull Grey? 

I'll have one more night out tonight with this bitch and that will be me done ill still have a knock about during the day but that will be me till Sept. 

Bitch has finished up well so I'll give her the summer to mature that bit more then next season she will be tested that's for sure. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My bitch is doing very well only been out on the lamp 5 times and had 5 rabbits now so more than happy with her. He retrieve is spot on and shes a pleasure to own. Role on next season when I can get her out proper hopefully shes game only time will tell.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Liamboy said:

Just bull/grey no saluki in the mix. Hopefully my own bitch will be a bit more mature come next season. She will get her fair chance and time will tell. 

He's a nice animal, how's your bitch bred? 

All dogs are different, let's hope the summer will mature them 

I’ve been running this bitch she’s been going pretty good all season mowing rabbits down pretty regular no numbers or out but been pretty consistent. I’ve been getting them all back to hand but thats about all she has to offer is rabbits The offer of heat as been offered a good few times now under apprenticeship in my eyes she’s a coward an only a rabbit dog but may surprise me at a later date who knows in my eyes she’s not made the grade for what I expect in a lamp dog as both her parents were decent dogs an the bitch was bred by my self I think she’s poorly constructed her feet ain’t a lot of good she’s had on off injury’s with feet but that’s how it goes some times it’s all a short straws game I’ll be keeping her for mooching about as I like her in her self an good round the house with the kids an kennels well she’ll get the odd night on the lamp on rabbits But all my focus will go to My young bitch 

4FFC0748-B326-4DF5-9162-EC44C8C56B19.jpeg

• Like 14
25 minutes ago, poxon said:

I’ve been running this bitch she’s been going pretty good all season mowing rabbits down pretty regular no numbers or out but been pretty consistent. I’ve been getting them all back to hand but thats about all she has to offer is rabbits The offer of heat as been offered a good few times now under apprenticeship in my eyes she’s a coward an only a rabbit dog but may surprise me at a later date who knows in my eyes she’s not made the grade for what I expect in a lamp dog as both her parents were decent dogs an the bitch was bred by my self I think she’s poorly constructed her feet ain’t a lot of good she’s had on off injury’s with feet but that’s how it goes some times it’s all a short straws game I’ll be keeping her for mooching about as I like her in her self an good round the house with the kids an kennels well she’ll get the odd night on the lamp on rabbits But all my focus will go to My young bitch 

4FFC0748-B326-4DF5-9162-EC44C8C56B19.jpeg

Thats a Shame bud she’s a cracking looking bitch  Atb

• Like 1