Coronavirus

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Chaff said:

What exactly do the WHO do and how many on the payroll, that's serious money I hope it's spent wisely

Advisors and co-ordinators to UN on health matters. They promote public health and target resources. They're not without controversy but they have no legal powers in the sense they can't force member states to adopt any of their recommendations.

7 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

f**k me, a pint of milk costs that these days! Tell em to make an effort!

Pardon us Lord tumble, how much have you coughed up?? 

What kind of milk are you drinking, your getting caught tae the balls way that price?

• Haha 1
Just now, Chaff said:

Chocolate fireguard springs to mind.

Perhaps trump has read them correctly.

Honestly, mate. I'm alright with reduced funding for the UN and it's subsidiaries, I'm no fan of them, but Don's done it to deflect blame from his own failings in the handling of the pandemic. If people want to fund the WHO so be it but it should be done like THL favourite Bill Gates does it. Voluntarily.

Unfortunately jacked up taxes to pay for free sh*t and piss poor government oversight in the money is endemic in the 1st world.

4 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Honestly, mate. I'm alright with reduced funding for the UN and it's subsidiaries, I'm no fan of them, but Don's done it to deflect blame from his own failings in the handling of the pandemic. If people want to fund the WHO so be it but it should be done like THL favourite Bill Gates does it. Voluntarily.

Unfortunately jacked up taxes to pay for free sh*t and piss poor government oversight in the money is endemic in the 1st world.

Gone explains to us Chris what blame lyes with trump? 

So you don't agree that the w. H. O f****d up up? 

Number it one to five sure an we'll digest it, goodman

Edited by Francie
  • Like 1

The WHO gave good advice based on years of experience dealing with infectious disease around the world, just us numpties didn't follow it.

The expert opinion from 

Helen Ward is professor of public health at Imperial College London.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/15/uk-government-coronavirus-science-who-advice

and the open letter from the scientists. 

https://vip.politicsmeanspolitics.com/2020/03/15/uk-scientists-on-coronavirus-open-letters-to-number-10/

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 1
40 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

True. Personally I'm not happy that they've suspended the conditions of oversight in what they actually do with that money.

Your screename says Michigan. How are you fairing up there. Down here in southern Utah we haven't had a new reported case since Monday and we've only had one fatality since it all kicked off. A lot here are concerned that many will see that and come this way and we could see a spike. We're already seeing California and New York license plates as they come to their second homes/relatives.

Thanks for asking Chris. It sounds like you guys are either very lucky with location and climate working in your favor. Or it's just starting for you. I hope you were lucky! The folks traveling from across the country is the height of irresponsibility. But fleeing is a natural response I guess.

They are saying we are rated #3 on cases and deaths. Hopefully we'll reach our "peak" soon. Curiously while facilities handling corona virus are swamped with bodies stored in trailers. The hospital nearest me was emptied and closed. I learned of this before it was in the news because my neighbors mother was there on a ventilator. As soon as she was weaned off of it she was transferred to the big temporary facility in Detroit. Can you even imagine. Otherwise, there was a protest in our state capital Lansing. Trump banners and guys parading around with AR's. What are you gonna do?

Good luck out there!

• Thanks 1