Coronavirus

12 hours ago, Francie said:

You're right mate. It's FB. Are there any reputable sources for any of that posted?

4 hours ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

Alot of points mate.

Indeed. Over several pages. Very selective of which ones you'll respond to and you haven't refuted many. Will you respond to whether you're taking any precautions? I don't want to make an assumption but at this point you appear to be just trolling. Still waiting for @Francie and @scotty12 to respond also.

5 hours ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

This situation is far more reaching and complicated than the virus itself.

We're all living that realization, mate. If we're willing to discuss the economic impact of the virus you'll probably be surprised at how much we agree on. Moving forward there will be a lot of changes starting with what I've already listed in a previous post. That isn't speculation either. It's happening right now.

5 hours ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

The numbers are not what is being reported, there is no clear and present danger, but there is for the economy and worldwide trade. But obviously that's just coincidence isn't, nonsense!

It's both. These aren't mutually exclusive issues though. The US has tested less than 3% of it's population. Donaldo claimed today that the US is hitting 300,000 tests a day. The population of the US is 330m plus change. At the current rate it will 1100 days to test the entire population. The clear and present danger is just exactly what the long term ramifications on public health and the economy will actually be.

• Like 1

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

Well your right in a way. Attempting to awaken some beasts.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/hospital-payments-and-the-covid-19-death-count/

Throw some facts in the battle of misinformation, and soon the fog of confusion will settle and the truth will emerge?

Did you post the correct link, mate? :hmm:

That one actually refutes your claim that hospitals are fraudulently fudging the numbers for stimulus money.

Are you just trolling, or what? :laugh:

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Francie said:

https://www.(!64.56:886/100009080940875/posts/2534127393566601/

Watch this men an women, a Doctor in America in front of a hospital talking to a crowd, saying he represents over 300 doctors in America. 

Do you have another link, mate? That one won't let me view it without joining Facebook and there's enough cranks on here as it is! :thumbs:

1 hour ago, ChrisJones said:

Do you have another link, mate? That one won't let me view it without joining Facebook and there's enough cranks on here as it is! :thumbs:

Sorry I don't know why it's not working

12 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Moaning like fcuk about man mad virus an flu yet happily Jumping about with man made placcy pace maker that the same voodoo witch doctors put in ??facts may be right but what an annoying cnut of a woman 

She said "data"..... ?

:laugh:

I kinda half agree with her and half don't. I think this pandemic is being sensationalised but at the same time some of the facts she gives are naive.

3 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

She said "data"..... ?

:laugh:

I kinda half agree with her and half don't. I think this pandemic is being sensationalised but at the same time some of the facts she gives are naive.

Do you not think we can all kind of get caught up in the noise around these things mate ?.....

If ,like me, you are uneducated then the best thing you can do is go on what can’t be disputed.

Theres 32,000+ corpses laying in the morgue or the bone yard inside the space of two and a bit months

That’s not normal or even mildly odd, it’s a catastrophe.

You have to take that seriously 

That’s all I know for sure, don’t know more than that.......every other choice will be made based on those “known” things 

• Like 3
Just now, WILF said:

Do you not think we can all kind of get caught up in the noise around these things mate ?.....

If ,like me, you are uneducated then the best thing you can do is go on what can’t be disputed.

Theres 32,000+ corpses laying in the morgue or the bone yard inside the space of two and a bit months

That’s not normal or even mildly odd, it’s a catastrophe.

You have to take that seriously 

That’s all I know for sure, don’t know more than that.......every other choice will be made based on those “known” things 

I dunno what you mean by noise. How do we know that 32000 dead in two months isn't normal mate? What's not normal is such a focus on death everyday. Before 2020 I bet 99.99% of the public wouldn't have a clue what is normal in terms of daily deaths. Now they have a single number thrown at them daily and they are expected to be able to judge how bad that is. That judgement begins and ends with "that's a lot", no more thought at all.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

I dunno what you mean by noise. How do we know that 32000 dead in two months isn't normal mate? What's not normal is such a focus on death everyday. Before 2020 I bet 99.99% of the public wouldn't have a clue what is normal in terms of daily deaths. Now they have a single number thrown at them daily and they are expected to be able to judge how bad that is. That judgement begins and ends with "that's a lot", no more thought at all.

Very good point but it does alarm you when it becomes close to home. I know of 3 people local to me dying from the virus, one of those a good friend of my uncle. 

Now these 3 weren't ill before they contracted the virus but these figures released don't really tell us if the majority were on their deathbed anyway. 

14 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Very good point but it does alarm you when it becomes close to home. I know of 3 people local to me dying from the virus, one of those a good friend of my uncle. 

Now these 3 weren't ill before they contracted the virus but these figures released don't really tell us if the majority were on their deathbed anyway. 

Absolutely. This pandemic is a serious issue, it's hit harder than I thought it would ( @WILF will be glad to hear me say that, haha). I just think that the media focus on this is knocking it out of context. IE Whenever a young person dies it's all over the news, a thousand old people die and they just get reported in aggregate. That then leads to people saying stuff like "ANYONE can die from this! NO ONE is safe!", yes of course but that's the same for almost every disease/cause of death. Risk, chance, statistics all get ignored and one fact that is presented without context becomes dynamite.

I'm still not really concerned at all about it. In fact my lack of concern has been the cause for quite a bit of introspection! :laugh:

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

By noise I mean not clever people like me trying to talk like clever people and discuss data and figures with clever people like you ! 
The clue, for me, that’s it’s not normal is the fact they shut down the world.....never happened before even world wars.

So as I say, that’s what I know because I can see it as such.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, WILF said:

By noise I mean not clever people like me trying to talk like clever people and discuss data and figures with clever people like you ! 
The clue, for me, that’s it’s not normal is the fact they shut down the world.....never happened before even world wars.

So as I say, that’s what I know because I can see it as such.

And I don't think you're wrong with that way of thinking.

1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

ONS reckons there's an extra 50000 deaths on same period last year. 

What I can't get my head around is why anybody gives a f**k about oldies from my generation. The economy and our way of life has been destroyed to save the lives of a few thousand non producers. When did the tories suddenly become so caring? Governments  generally send you to war and rip you off all your life! I can only think it's a kind of peer pressure from other countries. That and the fact that If they let the virus rip nobody would ever vote tory again.

7 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

ONS reckons there's an extra 50000 deaths on same period last year. 

That's the right line of thought but was last year normal? LOL.

And what's 50'000 as a fraction of 'normal'?

Point is, most of us don't know and yet we've already decided it's terrible.

Edited by Born Hunter