Coronavirus

8 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

The generation of which you speak are being disproportionately effected by this virus. This is being played out with the data we have at present. I won't pull the current stats for brevity, and open to correction by anyone, but over 55 your risk from this virus is double anyone under 50 and compounds into the 60's and 70's. Yes there are newsworthy examples of the extremes but we have data from 3 countries that is showing this is hitting the elderly the worst. Every preventative measure you've currently listed isn't preventing this. While quality nutrition is indeed extremely important it doesn't prevent C19. Or measles. Or malaria. Or lupus. Or diphtheria. Or tuberculosis.

Also most carriers are asymptomatic we haven't got the capacity to show exactly who has had it and who has recovered from it with even mild symptoms. To forgo a successful vaccine if one is available would unnecessarily put these people at extreme risk. You could carry the virus and infect multiple people with varying consequences and be completely oblivious to the outcome. You may have already done so. As could anyone reading this.

How does that sit with your fundamental morality? :hmm:

Chris would you be taking a vaccine from mr bill gates mate if it became available ? 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

6 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

So you are saying that 6 months on bread and dripping is better for the human body than 6 months on Tesco ready meals ?

The body dont give a shit mate if its not getting balanced nourishment in reasonable quantity its not going to sustain itself....ask them poor little African kids.

The we ones with the fat bellies??? The malnourishment shows the effects on the brain development in those peoples, I mean on the adverts scrounging for money we diddy unbongo walked 5 miles a day to fetch water through the heat barefoot, never seemed to occur to them to move to the water???? It’s only a stick n mud hut they live in so could take 50% of the house with them ffs. And 40 yrs getting billions donated to them and they still can’t get the country up and prosperous, and what the white man did was develop and make the country prosper and how did they repay them???? They murdered and raped and burnt the white man out.  Now what’s happened to Africa??? Back to being a shithole again under the black mans rule. 

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

The old and the very young, ie those with lower immunity to life's challenges in general are at greater risk yes. That shouldn't be a surprise really should it that viruses/diseases etc are likely to affect the weaker of us around. 

Agreed so why opt out of the ability/opportunity to protect them?

I think your jumping the gun abit with the vaccine suggestion for all. Morally every human being has the right to choose what he or she wishes to put in their own bodies. Over rule this and nothing matters regards human rights.

I'm basing it on how successful they've been against measles, tuberculosis, diptheria, etc. The benefits to the vulnerable far outweigh the risks. With this particular virus most don't show any symptoms but look what it's doing to care homes across the 1st world.

I agree with you on the second point. You do have that choice what to do with your body and no one has the right to tell you what you can and can't do with it. That applies to all and not just for vaccines. The argument here is whether you're willing to exercise your rights at the potentially fatal detriment to everyone else in your community? Are you willing to accept any consequences that come with that and does the potential to harm your friends, family, and neighbours, outweigh your right to abstain?

For the third world to come off less effected than the first world from a deadly virus pandemic seems to be incredibly strange do you think?

Again you're making the assumption that the lack of data is through lack of infection. I'm still inclined to believe, at this point, that the lack of testing is more likely than the lack of susceptibility. That is of course unless you have any evidence to show that 3rd world countries are some how less effected?

What these countries testing levels are, is of little importance compared to numbers of deaths from the Virus since the outbreak began? USA and UK are leading the world?

I would disagree there. The clearest way to show if someone is infected/recovered/asymptomatic, etc would be run the test that identifies whether they've had the illness. Based on the current data it appears that most suffer mild symptoms at most. I would argue that both the UK and USA have high death rates because they both failed to take it seriously at the beginning and both have failed to test a significant number of people to show exactly how many have had it and recovered without issue. The lack of tests and testing components are being rationed and only those at extreme risk have been tested since the outbreak began. As the curve has flattened those tests are becoming more widespread but they're still woefully behind on the numbers. I still reckon it could be months or even years before the true per capita infection rate can be quantified.

If Africa and India are even matching the current tests conducted in the west it will be a very long time before any accurate numbers are called, based on the size of India's population alone.

China. Does anyone believe anything that they've said regarding their success in defeating the pandemic? North Korea have stated they have no cases of C19 so using your logic does that mean that everyone from the DPRK is biologically immune to it?

Edited by ChrisJones
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, scotty12 said:

Chris would you be taking a vaccine from mr bill gates mate if it became available ? 

I've already answered this earlier in the thread but yes I will be taking a vaccine if one becomes available and after all of the checks and balances are taken care of. I understand the potential risk and I'm willing to do it anyway. More for my parents, elderly neighbours and at risk friends and colleagues. However I doubt that Mr Gates will be administering it to me personally so the second part would be highly unlikely.

You stated earlier in the thread that you won't be getting one. Fair. Are you willing to take the risk with vulnerable people in your family/community? How does that sit with you, morally, knowing that you could be asymptomatic and potentially infect others without your, or their knowledge?

I accept that you have the right to abstain, and I respect that, but can you morally justify the risk to others based on your abstinence?

Edited by ChrisJones
Typo
7 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

The we ones with the fat bellies??? The malnourishment shows the effects on the brain development in those peoples, I mean on the adverts scrounging for money we diddy unbongo walked 5 miles a day to fetch water through the heat barefoot, never seemed to occur to them to move to the water???? It’s only a stick n mud hut they live in so could take 50% of the house with them ffs. And 40 yrs getting billions donated to them and they still can’t get the country up and prosperous, and what the white man did was develop and make the country prosper and how did they repay them???? They murdered and raped and burnt the white man out.  Now what’s happened to Africa??? Back to being a shithole again under the black mans rule. 

The amount donated is more than billions, think its something like 1.2 trillion. 

There is an advert where a little African girl is collecting water from a hole that cattle are walking and pissing in...yet the hole is surrounded by stones. Even the most stupid white person would build a dry stone wall around the water hole, then boil the water 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

The amount donated is more than billions, think its something like 1.2 trillion. 

There is an advert where a little African girl is collecting water from a hole that cattle are walking and pissing in...yet the hole is surrounded by stones. Even the most stupid white person would build a dry stone wall around the water hole, then boil the water 

But they allways show us the people carrying 5gallon of water for miles.

And tell us they have to do this.Everyday for the rest of there lives..

Why don't they just move there tent closer to the water..

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, king said:

But they allways show us the people carrying 5gallon of water for miles.

And tell us they have to do this.Everyday for the rest of there lives..

Why don't they just move there tent closer to the water..

Spot on, just a good old fashioned marketing strategy to pull the heart strings of the old dears back in old blighty?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

I've already answered this earlier in the thread but yes I will be taking a vaccine if one becomes available and after all of the checks and balances are taken care of. I understand the potential risk and I'm willing to do it anyway. More for my parents, elderly neighbours and at risk friends and colleagues. However I doubt that Mr Gates will be administering it to me personally so the second part would be highly unlikely.

You stated earlier in the thread that you won't be getting one. Fair. Are you willing to take the risk with vulnerable people in your family/community? How does that sit with you, morally, knowing that you could be asymptomatic and potentially infect others without your, or their knowledge?

I accept that you have the right to abstain, and I respect that, but can you morally justify the risk to others based on your abstinence?

Sorry Chris we're all entitled to our opinions, but cmon man, youve said above that your getting the vaccine incase your asymptomatic, yes? 

An you don't want to pass it on to vulnerable people? 

So are you saying if you get a vaccine, you can't catch the virus? 

An if you get the vaccine it will someone stop you spreading it on? 

Load of shit mate sorry, few folk on here like Joe an yourself have that smug arrogance looking down your nose at folk out question vaccines. 

You reasons for the vaccine is completely stupid mate, but I won't be arrogant like you an Joe who knows best. 

What's the sense in getting the vaccine, when it won't stop the reasons your getting it for? 

An trying to guilt trip people into getting the vaccine does not put you on the moral high ground bud 

Edited by Francie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Balaur said:

I thought most were aware that aid money is generally a bribe for trade or mineral rights etc. Just how the west justifies it to itself. You ain't getting to these markets without back handers....

Back handers to the natives in power now. Hence the reason for African independence. I'm sure we all know that it wasn't the Africans who first had the idea of giving themselves independence. 

How could the western powers justify pillaging gold, oil, diamonds etc if it was officially running the show to a worldwide audience? They couldn't, too questionable and conflicting.

Solution, start in effect a trade union scenario for independence. Then sit the Africans on top as leaders and ambassadors of their own countries. The people shout "freedom" and now you can excite the political leaders interests in all these huge business ideas that are solely dependant on western funding and technology. From the publics view point, any humanitarian problem Africa experiences is now their doing and the west dictates from across the pond. Africa is one big back hander. 

Edited by Neobliviscaris1776
  • Like 2
44 minutes ago, timmytree said:

One of my neighbours lived in South Africa for years. She told me about blacks stealing outside taps from the farm then putting them on the walls of their huts. No pipework at all but they expected water to come out.

Can well believe it ,not the cleverest!

• Haha 1
23 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

You're preaching to the converted there mate im still wrestling with the anti white logic that whites ruled the world,enslaved and conquered every other race,stole other races land and held all non whites down and repressed them.....yet whites ability to do all this had nothing to do with white superiority !

• Like 1
15 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Lets be straight farming was never exactly their forte.....they couldnt even figure out the wheel for crying out loud !

• Haha 1