Coronavirus

On 04/04/2020 at 12:12, dogmandont said:

The WHO are corrupt as fcuk. 
 It’s funny that the Trump administration has done a u turn on the subject and is now advising the wearing of face masks, why would that be? 

Any mask is better than none pal but masks will protect others from you more than vice versa you need your eyes covered ideally. I work in healthcare.

Edit was meant to quote someone else but you get the idea

Edited by JDHUNTING
  • Like 1

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, fireman said:

A old ex of mine is a Hare Krishna devote and she's told me 5 have died at the 2 temples in Watford and Soho this last week and a good few are still very ill with it at those 2 places..

Used to drive past the one at Aldenham everyday. Did you see the fiasco with the ArsEpca with one of their sacred cows a few year ago?

3 minutes ago, JDHUNTING said:

Any mask is better than none pal but masks will protect others from you more than vice versa you need your eyes covered ideally. I work in healthcare.

I understand about protecting the eyes as well, I just think every precaution that helps you from either catching or spreading this virus should have been made absolutely clear by governments and health officials and just don’t think that’s been happening. 

1 minute ago, dogmandont said:

I understand about protecting the eyes as well, I just think every precaution that helps you from either catching or spreading this virus should have been made absolutely clear by governments and health officials and just don’t think that’s been happening. 

Your bang on it's not no one got Infront of the curve rather just getting swept along and reacting to things when it was too late when anyone with a brain cell should've known the Chinese would be playing it down. I was planning for this months ago i.e stocking up on ppe for my guys some of the stuff I've heard from my guys on the frontline so to speak is shocking, Mrs works for NHS also and upto a couple of weeks ago no one had mentioned a thing to her re precautions or what's going to happen. All that furlough thing was wrong aswell the priority should of been getting NHS staff into hotels etc to protect their families and stop them going off which is understandable who wants to bring that home to their kids while the spotty teenagers working at mcdonalds are sat at home on 80% pay. Getting the retired docs and nurses back is wrong aswell they should be saved till absolutly needed they should of fast tracked the students instead they don't need to know everything just how to deal with covid specifically. Hindsights a fine thing but I was saying this ages ago and someone gets paid millions to plan for things like this. Also Al this NHS are all heroes is bollocks it covers over all the mistakes made its the bottom of the pile that are heroes i.e nurses cleaners receptionists, the managers/directors should be held to account for a piss poor response and no forward thinking.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
10 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

If they paying there way out this I’ll have a set meal for 6 with extra salt an pepper chips ??

Feck em close the lot down and send em packing, slanty eyed feckers........have a traditional english takeaway like...............chicken tikka or fish n chips  

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Supermarket,bus drivers etc will have face screens masks soon.too late

Most shops over here have already got screens between them and customers 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Waz said:

Used to drive past the one at Aldenham everyday. Did you see the fiasco with the ArsEpca with one of their sacred cows a few year ago?

No i didn't mate,i did go to the manor in Watford during the 80's and did see there cows and as it goes they were in good order and i even helped milk them a few times,the 3 cows i helped milk were all maiden milkers as it goes and non had had calves(or so i was told anyway)..

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

Same here,im on about the face screen,like a see threw welders mask.we will see them apear soon.

Wonder should I buy one of these 

Screenshot_20200406-223447.jpg.197733252393a5e254f7509b99e51ff7.jpg

31 minutes ago, fireman said:

No i didn't mate,i did go to the manor in Watford during the 80's and did see there cows and as it goes they were in good order and i even helped milk them a few times,the 3 cows i helped milk were all maiden milkers as it goes and non had had calves(or so i was told anyway)..

Same place ?

• Like 1

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mecca is empty.

Hugs & kisses suddenly become weapons, and not visiting parents & friends becomes an act of love.

Suddenly you realise [sic] that power, beauty & money are worthless, and can’t get you the oxygen you’’re fighting for. The world continues its life and it is beautiful. It only puts humans in cages. I think it’s sending us a message: “You are not necessary. The air, earth, water and sky without you are fine. When you come back, remember that you are my guests. Not my masters.”
~Chris Morriss~

Nice poem.

Says it all really.

Atb j 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

I wondered why he was keen on Hydroxychloroquine.

Cheers Arry

Donald Trump Has Stake In Hydroxychloroquine Drugmaker: Report

The president has repeatedly touted the anti-malaria drug as a coronavirus treatment despite a lack of medical evidence.

President Donald Trump reportedly owns a stake in a company that produces hydroxychloroquine, the anti-malaria drug he has repeatedly touted as a coronavirus treatment even though his experts say there’s no strong evidence it works.

Trump “has a small personal financial interest” in Sanofi, the French drugmaker that makes Plaquenil, the brand-name version of hydroxychloroquine,The New York Times reported Monday.

In addition, Sanofi’s largest shareholders include a mutual fund company run by major Republican donor Ken Fisher, the paper said. Trump’s three family trusts, as of last year, each had investments in a mutual fund whose largest holding was Sanofi, according to the Times. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross also had ties to the drugmaker, the Times reported.

Trump’s “assertiveness” in promoting the drug contrary to the recommendation of top health experts “has raised questions about his motives,” the Times noted.

A chorus of Trump supporters with no medical expertise have backed the president’s urging of doctors to treat COVID-19 patients with the drug, including his personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, and Fox News host Sean Hannity.

In the face of warnings from top infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci that the drug’s safety and effectiveness are uncertain in treating COVID-19, Trump has continued to laud its supposed benefits.

“What do you have to lose?” he asked at a press briefing this week urging those sick with the virus to take the drug.

Turns out plenty.

There could be deaths,” American Medical Association President Dr. Patrice Harris said. “This is a new virus, and so we should not be promoting any medication or drug for any disease that has not been proven and approved by the FDA.”

Generic drugmakers also are gearing up to produce hydroxychloroquine pills. One of those companies was co-founded by Trump golfing buddy Chirag Patel, according to the Times.

The White House didn’t immediately answer HuffPost’s request for comment.

A HuffPost Guide To Coronavirus

Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic

How long are asymptomatic carriers contagious?

What to do if you can’t pay rent right now

How to switch off from work when home is your office

Why we should forgive student loans for doctors on the front lines

How to make a face mask with just a bandana

How long does coronavirus live in the air?

The HuffPost guide to working from home

What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.

Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.

23 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Hopefully eh. :thumbs:

But it's worth noting that the nature of this type of epidemic, a propagated epidemic, comes in waves. These waves aren't always visible due to all the factors. The last peak in deaths looks to have been on the 28th, then the next started on the 31st.

If all the measures we're taking are working then I'm maybe expecting one more wave to peak the curve before either a plateau or a downward trend of waves.

@Bobtheferret and anyone else that has any interest. To illustrate what I was saying about a drop in the trend not necessarily being 'over the worst of it'.

The 'waves' are quite clear in the UK daily death data. We've seen a two day decline recently, which was also seen six days prior. Which is inline with the propagated epidemic theory I linked above that these waves are separated by one incubation period (currently estimated to be 6 days on average).

903556998_UK-DailyDeaths.png.0fa2c9a0baaf5a571516c2df08483bf8.png

This can also be seen on Italy's daily cases data. Arguably two successive waves (days 19 & 25) building to the clear peak at day 31 with then to date two clear declining waves.

1626641532_Italy-DailyCases.png.7cdab12f21b5880dc8e95c5bae10839c.png

It's really interesting to me. The experts are saying later this week will be our 'peak' which would fall in line with "one more wave". I'm personally not making predictions though, just relaying what the people in charge of this are predicting and trying to impart some understanding of it.

:good:

Go on, someone moan. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
24 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

@Bobtheferret and anyone else that has any interest. To illustrate what I was saying about a drop in the trend not necessarily being 'over the worst of it'.

The 'waves' are quite clear in the UK daily death data. We've seen a two day decline recently, which was also seen six days prior. Which is inline with the propagated epidemic theory I linked above that these waves are separated by one incubation period (currently estimated to be 6 days on average).

903556998_UK-DailyDeaths.png.0fa2c9a0baaf5a571516c2df08483bf8.png

This can also be seen on Italy's daily cases data. Arguably two successive waves (days 19 & 25) building to the clear peak at day 31 with then to date two clear declining waves.

1626641532_Italy-DailyCases.png.7cdab12f21b5880dc8e95c5bae10839c.png

It's really interesting to me. The experts are saying later this week will be our 'peak' which would fall in line with "one more wave". I'm personally not making predictions though, just relaying what the people in charge of this are predicting and trying to impart some understanding of it.

:good:

Go on, someone moan. :laugh:

Good data mate....??

• Haha 1