Coronavirus

From a local Dr in Connemara 

To all the holiday homes owners who came down to Connemara during these hard times: we will remember you. You have increased the pressure on the food supply, the medical teams already overstretched, the staff in the shops and petrol stations. You have contributed to spread the pandemic to a rural area disregarding the rules. We know who you are and you will be named and blamed. We will not forget. You are the rich and privileged who think they can do as they please. As a doctor and member of this community I know how to recognize a psychopathic behavior : you have no empathy, no courage, no respect for the people of Connemara, and our environment that you treat like a playground. 
You have invaded the beaches and roads with your big SUV’s disregarding the recommendations. 
I don’t think you can feel shame but I feel you will not be made welcome anymore and watch out for the future . 
Dr Sophie Faherty

Fair play to this doctor, she spoke the truth, it's bloody scandalous that some people treat this pandemic like a hoilday off work and think it's alright to travel across the with of the country possibly  spreading this virus. 

Atb j 

• Like 2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

Agreed, but so were the ones from the last few days so just desperately hoping things may be starting to turn. Some other European countries are starting to make plans to lift the lockdowns also so more green shoots. I reckon April is a right off but may we may be tentatively and slowly getting back to normal. 

The economics....

But Ray Dalio, founder of hedge fund giant Bridgewater Associates, believes the current predicament, coinciding with China’s economic rise and an increasingly shaky West, could mark an even deeper change.

He predicts the beginning of the end of the dollar as the world’s reserve currency and, with it, of the United States’ economic dominance.

“I believe that we are now seeing the archetypical big shift in relative wealth and power and ... a profound shift in the world order that will affect all countries,” Dalio wrote in a blog post.

A study of 12 major pandemics since the 14th century co-authored by Fed policy adviser Òscar Jordà found that these, unlike wars, are followed by decades in the doldrums.

As a possible explanation, they noted that pandemics do not destroy buildings and factories. After World War Two, reconstruction provided the trigger for an economic boom.

“Significant macroeconomic after-effects of the pandemics persist for about 40 years, with real rates of return substantially depressed,” Jordà and fellow authors Sanjay R. Singh and Alan M. Taylor wrote.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-cenbank-analysis/no-turning-back-after-central-bankers-seismic-stimulus-shift-idUKKBN21O1OT?il=0

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Bobtheferret said:

Deaths down to 403 today, significantly down on the last few days. Green shoots? Probably to early to say. 

Hopefully eh. :thumbs:

But it's worth noting that the nature of this type of epidemic, a propagated epidemic, comes in waves. These waves aren't always visible due to all the factors. The last peak in deaths looks to have been on the 28th, then the next started on the 31st.

If all the measures we're taking are working then I'm maybe expecting one more wave to peak the curve before either a plateau or a downward trend of waves.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I like a good phone with big screen as I dont have a computer or laptop. Wee boy and mrs both have an iPad but i dont use them. Prefer a decent phone for browsing internet etc 

Yeah we have a couple of iPads knocking about so we don’t have smart phones, but that’s not the only reason. I have had an iPhone before & I must admit they are bloody handy when you’re out & about, but I’ve managed the last 6 years without one so I’ll just crack on for now.....?

2 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

I think the US would level China before they would contemplate playing second fiddle to them.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, WILF said:

I think the US would level China before they would contemplate playing second fiddle to them.

Jeff is dull as dishwater but this one is worth a listen. 

I believe that trump has just been given his winning ticket with this cv19 mess and the US will be looking at monopoliesing holding Chyna!  back as much as possible as a result.

Trump will be the only one out of all the candidates with the minerals to openly say that he will hold Chyna! to account and I think that the US electorate will lap it up.

Just now, baker boy said:

I hope the world holds them to account and takes them for the trillions they hae cost us

Yes I was glad to see from Jeff's video that some form of holding to account was starting to be discussed and planned this could hold China back decades.

I think all this don't come to the countryside stuff is out of order personally, if I had a second home and I wanted to go there'd be no stopping me it's my country I'll go were I like. Most of the people saying it will be the ones inviting all the refugees with their million and one diseases to the cities, did the papers write articles supporting people sticking signs in there windows saying f**k off back to were you came from when it was a load of Johnny foreigners moving into an area? Did they f**k.now the boots on the other foot they don't like it. I'm lucky I'm semi rural so best of both worlds but like I said if I had a second home and I thought the family was better there then that's were I'd be.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Balaur said:

Only deaths from tested hospital patients being counted I believe, so not the most accurate, I'm sure there's going to be clusters of the virus to come yet...but we'll see fingers crossed we get on top of it soon....

A old ex of mine is a Hare Krishna devote and she's told me 5 have died at the 2 temples in Watford and Soho this last week and a good few are still very ill with it at those 2 places..