Coronavirus

23 minutes ago, king said:

They both ok now meece.

Thanks for the thought.   Both of them have had it real bad.  Brother was on oxygen the day before yesterday but sent home today .?  He is still in a bad way and has been told that he can't stay on his own.? He is moving in with a lady friend who is going to look after him for a while to get him back up.  Sister is also in a bad way but paramedics had a look the other day at 2AM.!?  and said that she had probably got over the worst of it and that she had to stay at home.  Both of them have been on antibiotics to stop it turning into pneumonia.   Both of them have said that they don't expect to survive but I'm sure that won't happen. A nasty illness that both of them have said that they've never experienced anything like it.

• Like 1

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

I jus need to go home an get in bed ☹️

Fukcing hell mate, hope it's just something else and your ok asap ? can I have the pup if if your not?

Cheers, D.

• Haha 2
26 minutes ago, Meece said:

Thanks for the thought.   Both of them have had it real bad.  Brother was on oxygen the day before yesterday but sent home today .?  He is still in a bad way and has been told that he can't stay on his own.? He is moving in with a lady friend who is going to look after him for a while to get him back up.  Sister is also in a bad way but paramedics had a look the other day at 2AM.!?  and said that she had probably got over the worst of it and that she had to stay at home.  Both of them have been on antibiotics to stop it turning into pneumonia.   Both of them have said that they don't expect to survive but I'm sure that won't happen. A nasty illness that both of them have said that they've never experienced anything like it.

It has hit them for 6 mate.

Good news they are on the mend though.

And a while back we were told of flu like symptoms.

It's a lot more powerful than flu symptoms as what you have said and others who have had it.

10 minutes ago, king said:

It has hit them for 6 mate.

Good news they are on the mend though.

And a while back we were told of flu like symptoms.

It's a lot more powerful than flu symptoms as what you have said and others who have had it.

I know someone who's tested positive and the only symptoms they've had is they feel drained, another of there family members just had a slight temperature but was tested as a precaution due to them being in hospital and tested positive.

Thing with this virus it hits people differently some people will be walking about never even knowing they've got it .. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Meece said:

??????

Masks ????.  Would tying an old sock around your neck stuffed with onions and garlic suffice, or what about pissing on the sock and tying that round your face work.? It worked in the gas attacks in the first world war. ?????.  Masks are ingrained in some south east asian countries and have been for decades because of air pollution but they won't specifically stop viruses.  There's no harm in wearing them though but just keep a couple of paces away and wash your hands.

You know more than me by the sound of it.why do the doctors wear,mask,visor,hat,gloves,gown,latex shoes, when handing out prescriptions in the surgerys car park at 2 mtrs distance.?

Gotta be what I had around Xmas/new year it knocked The bollocks out of me. Bed ridden for 5/6 days aching sweating hot cold no appetite sore throat didn’t eat for the whole duration bottom of my back was in bits probably kidneys went hospital the 6th day she said it was flu/virus.. all this corona shit hadn’t bearly been spoken about then.. if at all 

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

You know more than me by the sound of it.why do the doctors wear,mask,visor,hat,gloves,gown,latex shoes, when handing out prescriptions in the surgerys car park at 2 mtrs distance.?

They don't here

but I tell you why they probably do .. because they're seeing that many different people throughout the day , the doctors, nurses and receptionists ect could themselves have the virus so there protecting the patients as much as themselves.

8 hours ago, Qbgrey said:

There is  nothing wrong in wearing a mask but do not Labour under any illusion that any mask is a way of avoiding this illness being transmitted to or from you.  Viruses are about one tenth the size of a bacteria cell and as such will pass through the mask or more likely through any gaps.  Everyone's face is different and General masks don't fit.  You can't wear a mask all the time. Not only that but there is the transmission by contact.  The only way to stop getting this is to keep your distance wash hands frequently and don't touch your  mouth or face. The medics are in situations of higher risk and all of the ppe is another barier betwen them and Ill patients. Everyone is different and some could get it wearing all the gear where another wont be wearing nothing. Sometimes the wife or I  have had really bad colds but the other hasnt caught it. Wear a mask by all means but don't think that it will 100% protect you. Or wearing a bucket on your head or a clowns suit. Keep healthy.

8 hours ago, Chid said:

They don't here

but I tell you why they probably do .. because they're seeing that many different people throughout the day , the doctors, nurses and receptionists ect could themselves have the virus so there protecting the patients as much as themselves.

10 hours ago, Meece said:

??????

Masks ????.  Would tying an old sock around your neck stuffed with

2 minutes ago, Meece said:

There is  nothing wrong in wearing a mask but do not Labour under any illusion that any mask is a way of avoiding this illness being transmitted to or from you.  Viruses are about one tenth the size of a bacteria cell and as such will pass through the mask or more likely through any gaps.  Everyone's face is different and General masks don't fit.  You can't wear a mask all the time. Not only that but there is the transmission by contact.  The only way to stop getting this is to keep your distance wash hands frequently and don't touch your  mouth or face. The medics are in situations of higher risk and all of the ppe is another barier betwen them and Ill patients. Everyone is different and some could get it wearing all the gear where another wont be wearing nothing. Sometimes the wife or I  have had really bad colds but the other hasnt caught it. Wear a mask by all means but don't think that it will 100% protect you. Or wearing a bucket on your head or a clowns suit. Keep healthy.

Agree totally,so the docs are wearing ppe,a cashier in say aldi,who sees 1000 of people,who have coughing,sneezing etc on food,tins,packets etc then puts thier shopping threw the bleeper got no glove or masks.next thing they will realise and give them face screens i reckon.which is much better id say.

We all need space suits. Me and the wife are washing down all shopping before it comes into the house with anti bac spray and hot soapy water washing our hands carrier backs don't come in the house we have 2 that we normally use that we transfer the food into when we washed it. And we are only getting delivery or collect so we don't have to go into any store. Gloves on when we leave the house and do not touch anything we don't have to. I've been carrying my dog over cattle grids so I don't have to touch the gates. It all seems mad but feel that is how keep ourselfs and are daughter safe 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

We all need space suits. Me and the wife are washing down all shopping before it comes into the house with anti bac spray and hot soapy water washing our hands carrier backs don't come in the house we have 2 that we normally use that we transfer the food into when we washed it. And we are only getting delivery or collect so we don't have to go into any store. Gloves on when we leave the house and do not touch anything we don't have to. I've been carrying my dog over cattle grids so I don't have to touch the gates. It all seems mad but feel that is how keep ourselfs and are daughter safe 

Are you and your daughter high risk?