Coronavirus

10 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

Heard ya loud and clear then, mate! And I agree. :thumbs:

Like I replied to you that can only happen if our respective governments are willing to lower the costs of running business and the price that the consumer is willing to pay.

Everyone hates price gouging but it's an interesting study into how much something is worth when it's value suddenly increases. A company selling surgical masks, bottled water, and hand sanitzer in the last few months could charge 1000 times what they did the middle of last year. When the perceived crisis ends so will the amount that people are willing to pay for it.

To return to domestic manufacturing you have to weigh up just how much of a market you'll have in the future as well as the present and whether you'll get the cost of that investment back. If the government do it it'll be a money pit that all nationalized industries have shown since the industrial revolution. There is a balance but everyone is on the back foot at the moment.

Mate, the robots will put the Chinese out of business soon. Those toasters work for the price of a battery charge, even the chinks can't compete with that! :laugh:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

8 hours ago, peterhunter86 said:

What is it Francie 

@peterhunter86 there's a girl reporting in Ireland, an has videos of outside the big hospital in Dublin, the one that's apparently has all the patients from corona, but in the video it's closed?

Just wanted to see if it's true or not lad? 

There are two videos on the internet doing the rounds one claims to be inside a corona virus ward in China and the other is in a corona virus ward in the states but they are clearly the some bit of film, but is it a deliberate deception or just the media using library pictures to save time and money ????

Just had my first incidence of Corona rage lol

Was walking the dogs down a bridleway, I was at one side and some lycra clad cyclists flashed past about 2 foot away (track is 3m wide) "what part of 2 metres do you not understand" says I. No reaction.

A minute later another one does exactly the same. "Two f***ing metres" I shouts

Matey turns round and says "f**k off". "Prick" I shouts

Matey says "I'll f***ing knock you out where you stand". "Come on then" was my reply lol

"Shouldn't be out walking" he says, pedalling away, "I'm still here big shot" I says.

He f****d off, tosser. ?

Cheers, D.

• Haha 7
3 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Was walking the dogs down a bridleway, I was at one side and some lycra clad cyclists flashed past about 2 foot away (track is 3m wide) "what part of 2 metres do you not understand" says I. No reaction.

Matey says "I'll f***ing knock you out where you stand". "Come on then" was my reply lol

"Shouldn't be out walking" he says, pedalling away, "I'm still here big shot" I says.

He f****d off, tosser. ?

Cheers, D.

Come on dytkos,you know that the 2 metre rule doesn't apply to them!?

3 minutes ago, dytkos said:

He f****d off, tosser. ?

Cheers, D.

Throw a brick at him next time

1 hour ago, Francie said:

@peterhunter86 there's a girl reporting in Ireland, an has videos of outside the big hospital in Dublin, the one that's apparently has all the patients from corona, but in the video it's closed?

Just wanted to see if it's true or not lad? 

I havint a clue Francie, the only updates I get are from this thread,

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Balaur said:

I get out early doors mate no cyclists about then, except me haha, I had a word with a couple a while back came around the bend on each side of the lane I was in car I stayed in middle of road and they had to squeeze past, said through my kids window 'didnt want to get over then' I got out the car to remind them they came around the corner on both sides, f***ing idiots . Cyclists as a rule I don't  mind all the folks out and about with kids all over the road look like they've never sat on a bike before, I have no problem with these it's the groups of lycra clad blokes two three wide speeding everywhere no intention to slow down or move over, these are fair game in my book....

I’ve grown to hate those cnuts. Cycling is bigger than Jesus here ?, so navigating around large packs of these wankers is an almost daily occurrence for me. But by far the worst is the lone Lycra clad c**t racing through the park weaving in & out of small children like they were in the Tour de France! Apparently these arseholes have no breaks. I want to repeatedly stomp them in the face like Joe Pesci.....

....Sorry about that, just had to get that off my chest....

• Haha 2

Not a fan of cyclists at all up my way on the moor seems to be hot spot for the pricks they come along in groups take up loads of road every day there are people doing it. There is one main road to my house from plymouth to the moor and I always seem to be stuck behind the tit who won't over take them so for a 5 mile road I do about 15mph and the whole going round drains gets me aswell they don't look over there shoulder the just weave straight out in the road to miss a drain. Safe to say they piss me off 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, dytkos said:

He f****d off, tosser. ?

Cheers, D.

Bit of piano wire stretched across will fettle them ?

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

Not a fan of cyclists at all up my way on the moor seems to be hot spot for the pricks they come along in groups take up loads of road every day there are people doing it. There is one main road to my house from plymouth to the moor and I always seem to be stuck behind the tit who won't over take them so for a 5 mile road I do about 15mph and the whole going round drains gets me aswell they don't look over there shoulder the just weave straight out in the road to miss a drain. Safe to say they piss me off 

Cycling is taken so seriously here that any amount of disruption is acceptable to belgians. In the summer they do time trials on the small hill where I live so there is a curfew between 6-9.30pm on a Friday night! No one can leave to go out or return from work etc to your house during those times. Police out in force.

My Belgian neighbours are out smiling & clapping & the typical Brit that I am, I’m f***ing seething! ?

• Haha 2