Coronavirus

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

Just now, jetro said:

This is the point I was trying to make the other day. 

Make our own equipment for our own medical supplies and staff, not just for now, but for all time.

Not just  medical supplies, but anything else we can produce at home, do it. We have the infrastructure and bodies to make it happen. 

I know cost is a factor as chid pointed out, and he's right, so who ever is pricing these costs should recalculate it.

Atb j 

Heard ya loud and clear then, mate! And I agree. :thumbs:

Like I replied to you that can only happen if our respective governments are willing to lower the costs of running business and the price that the consumer is willing to pay.

Everyone hates price gouging but it's an interesting study into how much something is worth when it's value suddenly increases. A company selling surgical masks, bottled water, and hand sanitzer in the last few months could charge 1000 times what they did the middle of last year. When the perceived crisis ends so will the amount that people are willing to pay for it.

To return to domestic manufacturing you have to weigh up just how much of a market you'll have in the future as well as the present and whether you'll get the cost of that investment back. If the government do it it'll be a money pit that all nationalized industries have shown since the industrial revolution. There is a balance but everyone is on the back foot at the moment.

14 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Heard ya loud and clear then, mate! And I agree. :thumbs:

Like I replied to you that can only happen if our respective governments are willing to lower the costs of running business and the price that the consumer is willing to pay.

Everyone hates price gouging but it's an interesting study into how much something is worth when it's value suddenly increases. A company selling surgical masks, bottled water, and hand sanitzer in the last few months could charge 1000 times what they did the middle of last year. When the perceived crisis ends so will the amount that people are willing to pay for it.

To return to domestic manufacturing you have to weigh up just how much of a market you'll have in the future as well as the present and whether you'll get the cost of that investment back. If the government do it it'll be a money pit that all nationalized industries have shown since the industrial revolution. There is a balance but everyone is on the back foot at the moment.

Everything you said there makes perfect sense. 

I just have a romantic view on how I'd like to see my and other countries ran and work for themselves. 

Realistically it will never happen, every country is now to dependent on another, and to try and go it alone would be pure suicide. 

But there is ways that countries can make things a bit better for them selfs, move investment in employment, infrastructure, health care law enforcement ect ect.

Atb j 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Just seen on sky news they reckon by weekend could hit 1000 deaths a day in the UK, ?☹️ 

Thats mind boggling really. 

Scary, you'd  have to anxious and worried about it. 

My daughter went to the city today to pick up a few bits and pieces. Said it wasn't to bad at all, but she had gloves, masks hand sanitizer the works, even before she got out of the car.

Atb j 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, jetro said:

I just have a romantic view on how I'd like to see my and other countries ran and work for themselves. 

I'm the same but the realist in me is a pain in the arse! I'm sure there's an option in there that would allow a domestic manufacturer to operate but also increase substantially under emergency conditions but not working in that kind of industry I wouldn't know what that blend is. I'm supplied PPE in my industry but I do my research and usually replace it with my own gear. It's usually more expensive but I justify that against the quality/longevity ratio. Also my life depends on it and I'm sure many of the THL regs will understand 'Your Best Gear Is Made By The Lowest Bidder.'

Taking from that, my thoughts would be along the line of kitting myself out in the medium to long term with the equipment that will available once the demand subsides. I'm a big believer in the individual being responsible for their own security and for a future pandemic, and there will be, having an adequate supply of this kind of gear on hand would reduce the demand in the future. At least for the individual. Of course that doesn't help now but no one took a global pandemic seriously even last Christmas.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

I'm the same but the realist in me is a pain in the arse! I'm sure there's an option in there that would allow a domestic manufacturer to operate but also increase substantially under emergency conditions but not working in that kind of industry I wouldn't know what that blend is. I'm supplied PPE in my industry but I do my research and usually replace it with my own gear. It's usually more expensive but I justify that against the quality/longevity ratio. Also my life depends on it and I'm sure many of the THL regs will understand 'Your Best Gear Is Made By The Lowest Bidder.'

Taking from that, my thoughts would be along the line of kitting myself out in the medium to long term with the equipment that will available once the demand subsides. I'm a big believer in the individual being responsible for their own security and for a future pandemic, and there will be, having an adequate supply of this kind of gear on hand would reduce the demand in the future. At least for the individual. Of course that doesn't help now but no one took a global pandemic seriously even last Christmas.

???

Atb j 

Prob is alot of people allways want the cheaper out say 5 products,lets say car brake pads.and i honestly believe most of them think they will last aslong as the more expensive ones.but the dearest parts are 5 to 10 quid dearer.it makes no sense in the long run.need more brake pads,need to pay again to have them fitted. People are financed up to the hilt with cheap loans.so always look for cheap,not quality,hence chinas growth in shit products

• Like 4

FB_IMG_1585209400562.jpg

All about COVID-19

Coronaviruses (there are seven that infect humans) are species of virus belonging to the subfamilyCoronavirinae in the family Coronaviridae, in the order Nidovirales. They are an RNA virus of around 26-32 thousand base pairs.

One of the myths about coronaviruses, stated by Donald Trump and many others, is that it’s related to the flu. No, the influenza viruses aren’t even closely related to coronaviruses – they’re actually in two separate phyla, meaning that they are as closely related to one another as a human is to a lobster. In other words, they aren’t closely related.

This 2019 coronavirus outbreak is known as COVID-19 and is caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which is closely related to other SARS-related viruses. The virus is spread easily by small droplets from infected individuals when they breathe or cough. The time from exposure to the SARS-CoV-2 virus to onset of symptoms is generally between 2 and 14 days.

The CDC and WHO have recommended handwashing, maintaining distance from individuals who are coughing, and not touching one’s face as preventative measures. It is also recommended that individuals cover their nose and mouth with a bent elbow when coughing

The early symptoms of COVID-19 can mimic many other viral diseases – fever, cough, and shortness of breath. However, many cases progress to pneumonia and multi-organ failure. As of now, we don’t know if the disease favors particular groups. For example, smokers, individuals with chronic pulmonary disease, or seniors may be at higher risk of dangerous complications like death.

Early symptoms are often referred to as “flu-like” but that’s a general term that is used for many diseases. Again, that does mean that coronaviruses are related to influenza, just that they can share some symptoms.

As I mentioned above, severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) is caused by SARS-associated coronavirus (SARS-CoV), which means that the current coronavirus outbreak is related to SARS. In addition, the disease known as Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS) is caused by the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV).

Coronaviruses, like the SARS-CoV-2, MERS-CoV and SARS-CoV species, infect the upper respiratory and gastrointestinal tracts of mammals and birds. Interestingly, coronaviruses may cause a substantial percentage of all common colds in humans.

The SARS coronaviruses have unique pathophysiologies because it causes more severe upper and lower respiratory tract infections.

(https://www.skepticalraptor.com/skepticalraptorblog.php/coronavirus-vaccines-massive-list-vaccine-candidates-covid-19/)

Edited by sandymere