Coronavirus

7 hours ago, jetro said:

Apologies for the rant in advance. 

I am qualified nurse and have been for the last three years. I trained on a respiratory ward for two years therefore I am competent in looking after patients on non invasive ventilators and I have the knowledge and skills needed to look after those with acute and chronic respiratory problems. I also have experience on surgical wards and other units as I worked with an agency for a year which allowed me to gain experience on all different types of units. Before I left England I was working 5/6 12 hour shifts in Guys and St. Thomas’ hospital looking after the patients who tested positive for Covid-19 therefore I have the experience the public need right now. 

I came home from England, left a job, accommodation and worst of all the patients needing care in the NHS. I left cause the HSE pleaded for Irish nurses to come home and help with the Covid-19 crisis so I did that. Simon Harris announced on the news that nurses who are willing to come home to help will have the fee for the Irish pin wavered and the 90 day wait will also be wavered to a couple of working days. I have been home for nearly two weeks and I have had to email nearly everyone in government and ring the HSE numerous of times and still no respone. Finally today I got onto the NMBI (Nursing and Midwifery board of Ireland) and I was told that if I wanted to nurse in Ireland I would have to pay 495 euro to get my pin. Absolutely ridiculous, what is actually wrong with this country. I feel absolutely useless sitting on my ass where I could be helping people who need my help, and I actually feel guilty for coming home and wanting to help as my nursing skills would be extremely benefited in the UK if I just stayed there. It’s always about money in this country it’s a joke, where as the NHS are giving healthcare workers from all different areas pins to work left right and centre within 12 hours of contact. People are dying, people are losing their loved ones and Irish government still have their eyes on the money.

Goes to show that money is always on the government mind.

Atb j 

That's appalling. Good on you for trying to do your best for your country though. 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, walshie said:

That's appalling. Good on you for trying to do your best for your country though. 

That's not me walshie  I'm sorry if people thought it is. 

Atb j 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, walshie said:

Phew. I was just going to offer to pay the 495 for you. Close call. :laugh:

I'll still take it, if it makes you feel better.

I'm sure I'll find some one that needs a band aid ????.

But seriously  thsts the disgusting the way their treated. Won't be forgotten when this is over

Atb j 

• Like 1

All that bullshit is from the 911 conspiracy heads.

Fecking crackpots the lot of them.

Or and the flat earthers will be in there somewhere aswell.

They all need sectioning the lot of them.

• Like 1

Some reliable information.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/coronavirus-myths-and-facts/

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/covid-19-update-what-you-need-to-know/

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/more-covid-19-news/

Stay at home, the decisions you make now will impact what we see in ICU in 14 days.........

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 2
8 minutes ago, jetro said:

Screenshot_20200331-145110_Facebook.jpg

Standing out the back having a coffee this morning and a hare walks in off the road straight past me and into the field at the back of the house. Lol. Look down the field and there’s 3 more hopping about, never seen a hare in that field in the 10 years I’ve been here. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Standing out the back having a coffee this morning and a hare walks in off the road straight past me and into the field at the back of the house. Lol. Look down the field and there’s 3 more hopping about, never seen a hare in that field in the 10 years I’ve been here. 

This lock down does have it's benefits, if for just that alone. 

I'm just waiting to hear the cookcoo.

She should be around any day soon 

Atb j 

• Like 1

Hares returning to fields and humans returning to nature....

Amount of townies I've seen lost on a footpath staring into their smartphone for a clue as to where they are and how to get home! :laugh:

There's far too many people in this world to have to share the quiet places with them all.80

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, jetro said:

This lock down does have it's benefits, if for just that alone. 

I'm just waiting to hear the cookcoo.

She should be around any day soon 

Atb j 

Wind going around to the south at the week end so keep your eye out then. Think the first Swallows and House martins might make an appearance as well.

Cheers Arry

• Like 3