Coronavirus

1 minute ago, kanny said:

I grew up on a maggot farm /knackers yard  it was the family business....what smell? Lol 

2 minutes ago, kanny said:

I grew up on a maggot farm /knackers yard  it was the family business....what smell? Lol 

I was engineer at an animal by products factory for nearly six years, learnt to breathe without smelling lol.

Cheers, D.

• Haha 2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Gaz_Lurcherlad said:

I know exactly what that smell is like I used to be truck mechanic for a rendering plant I think 40 ton of offal had to be the worst thing I’ve ever smelt 

It's definitely the worst thing I've ever smelled myself mate.

Especially being down wind from it.

What surprised me and still does

Is i thought I could handle the smell and did for a few mins.

But my body just started gagging and wretching on its own.

I've never had that before or since.

It's like my body was over riding my brain.

It must be my body telling me to get away from the smell before my brain does.weird.

9 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I like to do a proper deep clean every now and again with the dettol in roasting water the  inbetween that I usually just use bleach in hot water. I'll stick with it. Been using them antibac wipes on door handles etc after I've been out sounds like maybe be a waste of time

Don't mix different products mate.as some can give off a lethal gas.

I'm sure you know that.

2 minutes ago, Gaz_Lurcherlad said:

I once had some blood drip on me out of a tanker and I had to was my clothes at least 4 times to get rid of the smell I got used to it in the end I’d still work there if it was closer to my new house if you got over the smell it was a good job 

Dad used TCP  for aftershave  only thing to  cover the smell coming out his pores ...I'm not sure which was worse :laugh:

4 minutes ago, Gaz_Lurcherlad said:

I once had some blood drip on me out of a tanker and I had to was my clothes at least 4 times to get rid of the smell I got used to it in the end I’d still work there if it was closer to my new house if you got over the smell it was a good job 

Drip on you.

Now imagine my mate covered head to toe In stale blood

He was dripping in it.we emptied about 10 gallons of water over him.and he still stank..

12 minutes ago, Gaz_Lurcherlad said:

I know exactly what that smell is like I used to be truck mechanic for a rendering plant I think 40 ton of offal had to be the worst thing I’ve ever smelt 

3 minutes ago, king said:

It's definitely the worst thing I've ever smelled myself mate.

Especially being down wind from it.

What surprised me and still does

Is i thought I could handle the smell and did for a few mins.

But my body just started gagging and wretching on its own.

I've never had that before or since.

It's like my body was over riding my brain.

It must be my body telling me to get away from the smell before my brain does.weird.

FFS my dad used to be on call electritain for a bonemeal plant , as a single parent when he got called out he used to have to take me with him , 8/9 year old going to school the next day smelling of offal wasn't good ??

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, kanny said:

Dad used TCP  for aftershave  only thing to  cover the smell coming out his pores ...I'm not sure which was worse :laugh:

Now that's proper hard-core

Chuck Norris got feck all on your old man kanny.

1 minute ago, Chid said:

FFS my dad used to be on call electritain for a bonemeal plant , as a single parent when he got called out he used to have to take me with him , 8/9 year old going to school the next day smelling of offal wasn't good ??

You must of smelled like the walking dead ?

10 minutes ago, kanny said:

Used to rat at a maggot farm near Newport, belonged to an old boy Hugo .. Smell it from a few mile away on a warm day lol.... Used to make the terriers eyes run and make them gag?lads who worked there would stroll around with no masks, laughing like f**k at us kids gagging and spewing everytime we got excited and dogs made a catch?

Had a few nights on a massive rubbish tip ratting with a member from on here..... Some real nasty smells at that place too.... Dogs would f***ing pong... Hell of a hood craic ?

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

I like to do a proper deep clean every now and again with the dettol in roasting water the  inbetween that I usually just use bleach in hot water. I'll stick with it. Been using them antibac wipes on door handles etc after I've been out sounds like maybe be a waste of time

To do nothing is a waste of time.

Anything you will do will greatly help you and your family not getting this virus.

I deep clean the house here twice a week, I'm sort of a clean freak, can't stand mess or untidyness, OCD in that department.  

Also I'm a minimalist, for me, less is more. Just keep what you need, again it's like OCD with me lol.

Atb j 

• Like 1
Just now, Daniel cain said:

Used to rat at a maggot farm near Newport, belonged to an old boy Hugo .. Smell it from a few mile away on a warm day lol.... Used to make the terriers eyes run and make them gag?lads who worked there would stroll around with no masks, laughing like f**k at us kids gagging and spewing everytime we got excited and dogs made a catch?

Had a few nights on a massive rubbish tip ratting with a member from on here..... Some real nasty smells at that place too.... Dogs would f***ing pong... Hell of a hood craic ?

We never really had a rat problem  as the feral cats had em all  :thumbs: ...mates always asked me if they could come out of intrest  they only came once lol my favourite thing was locking them in the fly houses they'd be balling for thier  mammy :laugh:

Seen the old boys collecting fallen stock off farm yards

Rough is not the word.

Also, lobster fishing, bait left in barrels on the peir in the sun, maggots is the least of it, lol, then having to handle it to bait pots ???, seem grown men turn green and cry

Atb j