Coronavirus

3 minutes ago, Gaz_Lurcherlad said:

I heard 60% but surely either would take years to become immune 

Because the disease is not well studied the estimates vary. They're basing it on other infectious diseases. 60% would be even better of course.

the time it takes depends on how fast it spreads. Our confirmed cases total about 8000 today but that is just confirmed. If the vast majority do not become significantly symptomatic or mistake their symptoms for something like a mild cold then you can see how it could easily have run through hundreds of thousand in the UK already.

Right now, the only data I trust highly is the dead count since we found out about it.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, king said:

When you catch the normal flu.

It's near on impossible to locate where you caught it.

The same as it's impossible to say how long we have had this virus in the UK.

Many a person could have thought they had the normal flu months ago

Yet they had corona virus..

This is what I mean just after Christmas my uncle got pneumonia 5 lads from work we’re bed ridden and I had the worst fever and cough for a few day this has been around a lot longer that people are letting on 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, king said:

When you catch the normal flu.

It's near on impossible to locate where you caught it.

The same as it's impossible to say how long we have had this virus in the UK.

Many a person could have thought they had the normal flu months ago

Yet they had corona virus..

But flu is endemic with seasonal fluctuations. This is a novel (new) disease which is following typical epidemic trends. You can't compare the two.

3 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Course I am I keep getting notifications deano

You seen what it was like on the news concerning brexit mate.

We have got this virus being centre point for a long time yet.

And just to add.

My log book says "dean" 

Not deano ?

I fecking hate the word deano ?

Just now, lurcherman 887 said:

My little nephew got his results back yesterday from when he was sick back in January!! He had Coronavirus nl63 I’m guessing that’s different to covid 19..  but a lot of people were sick as pigs around Christmas me included 

Different yes. :thumbs:

Human coronavirus NL63 or HCoV-NL63 is a species of coronavirus that was identified in late 2004 in a seven-month-old child with bronchiolitis in the Netherlands. The infecting virus is an enveloped, positive-sense, single-stranded RNA virus which enters its host cell by the ACE2 receptor. Infection with the virus has been confirmed worldwide, and has an association with many common symptoms and diseases. Associated diseases include mild to moderate upper respiratory tract infections, severe lower respiratory tract infection, croup and bronchiolitis.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, king said:

You seen what it was like on the news concerning brexit mate.

We have got this virus being centre point for a long time yet.

And just to add.

My log book says "dean" 

Not deano ?

I fecking hate the word deano ?

I guess so and sorry dean

o

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Gaz_Lurcherlad said:

Even in 3 weeks or so after lockdown has been lifted people will forget about all this 

Mate, I’d say if you think this is all going to be ancient history in 3 weeks then you better think again........personally I think folks had better get their head round the rest of the year, this ain’t going to be a two minute fix.

The only thing the UK are going to be doing in 3 weeks is burying bodies by the truck load the way everyone is being stupid and cracking on.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
5 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

But flu is endemic with seasonal fluctuations. This is a novel (new) disease which is following typical epidemic trends. You can't compare the two.

I'm just saying it's impossible to predict how long it's been here.

Anything invisible simply can't be given a time scale.

It's like predicting the future.impossible. 

1 minute ago, Gaz_Lurcherlad said:

If people aren’t effected personally they won’t be bothered that’s what people are like 

Whether they are effected personally will, again, depend on how many people die. It's not impossible that we will all lose someone