Coronavirus

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

Thanks Baker and Francie

Our local economy is doing great.I have been off work because of weather but even in the middle of this virus my phone is ringing all day with new customers.Some of our family joke about not voting for Trump next time because we have to much work.The Dems wanted to give millions in stimulus to abortion and drug addicts.The area I live in basically outlawed abortion and the federal level Dems are trying to fund abortion and override state authority.States rights vs federal that's what Americans fought about 150 years ago.

CNN Communist News Network

11 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

NHS staff have been sent this:

This is the advice given to hospital staff.
It explains the virus and hopefully, how to prevent getting it.
Please share with family, friends and work colleagues.

Virus Detection:

The simplest way to distinguish Coronavirus from a Common Cold is that the COVID-19 infection does not cause a cold nose or cough with cold, but it does create a dry and rough cough.
The virus is typically first installed in the throat causing inflammation and a feeling of dryness. This symptom can last between 3 and 4 days.
The virus typically then travels through the moisture present in the airways, goes down to the trachea and installs in the lungs, causing pneumonia that lasts about 5 or 6 days.
Pneumonia manifests with a high fever and difficulty breathing. The Common Cold is not accompanied, but there may be a choking sensation. In this case, the doctor should be called immediately.

Experts suggest doing this simple verification every morning: Breathe in deeply and hold your breath for 10 seconds. If this can be done without coughing, without difficulty, this shows that there is no fibrosis in the lungs, indicating the absence of infection. It is recommended to do this control every morning to help detect infection.

Prevention:
The virus hates heat and dies if it is exposed to temperatures greater than 80°F (27°C). Therefore hot drinks such as infusions, broths or simply hot water should be consumed abundantly during the day. These hot liquids kill the virus and are easy to ingest.
Avoid drinking ice water or drinks with ice cubes.

Ensure that your mouth and throat are always wet, never DRY. You should drink a sip of water at least every 15 minutes. WHY? Even when the virus enters water or other liquids through the mouth, it will get flushed through the oesophagus directly into the stomach where gastric acids destroy the virus. If there is not enough water, the virus can pass into the trachea and from there to the lungs, where it is very dangerous.

For those who can, sunbathe. The Sun's UV rays kill the virus and the vitamin D is good for you.
The Coronavirus has a large size (diameter of 400-500 nanometers) so face masks can stop it, no special face masks are needed in daily life.
If an infected person sneezes nearby, stay 10 feet (3.3 meters) away to allow the virus fall to the ground and prevent it from falling on you.
When the virus is on hard surfaces, it survives about 12 hours, therefore when hard surfaces such as doors, appliances, railings, etc. are touched, hands should be washed thoroughly and/or disinfected with alcoholic gel The virus can live nested in clothes and tissues between 6 and 12 hours. Common detergents can kill it. Things that cannot be washed should be exposed to the Sun and the virus will die.
The transmission of the virus usually occurs by direct infection, touching fabrics, tissues or materials on which the virus is present.
Washing your hands is essential.
The virus survives on our hands for only about 10 minutes. In that time many things can happen, rubbing the eyes, touching the nose or lips. This allows the virus to enter your throat. Therefore, for your good and the good of all, wash your hands very often and disinfect them.
You can gargle with disinfectant solutions (i.e. Listerine or Hydrogen Peroxide) that eliminate or minimize the amount of virus that can enter the throat. Doing so removes the virus before it goes down to the trachea and then to the lungs.
Disinfect things touched often: mobile phone, keyboard, mouse, car steering wheel, door handles, etc ....

Sent in to us just now and we wanted to share this knowledge & advice with you all.

Please do the same and take care!

Stiff I seen someone quoted you on this in another thread saying to stop posting it? 

Well guys iv read from a few different doctors on the topic an stiffs post is correct. 

Virus thrive in cold air, an can travel well, they can't travel well in warm temperatures as there aresol transmission. 

Basically I was wondering why Africa hasn't been infected much an I came across a few doctors saying the same thing. 

I'm no expert myself but check it out lads, iv a few boxes af green tea looking drunk so I'm on the green?tea. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Francie said:

An how exactly do you know trump has no plan? Come on lad, Haha were are you getting your news from? 

Americas ecomony is at an all time high, trump has given millions away to folk that needed it, your in the cnn bubble chaser?

But the American guy has a point, China was forced to pay billions from now on to America cause trump negotiated a better deal. 

He has given billions of that away to farmers etc

ORANGE MAN BAD

Im not saying China is blameless, infant I imagine they are very much to blame. I doubt however that the Americans are at the centre of the universe, as much as they may believe so.

Im going on what Trump has SAID, which is that they will give it a week or two and crack back on with things, as the economy is too important to ruin.

They are an island, with a very large population, many of which live close together and a very large proportion dont have any access to medical provision in any meaningful way.

The mayor of newyork has already said they are on the verge of a collapse of he medical system there etc.

Everyone is shutting their citizens away in their homes, old Trump said 'no more than ten people to a gathering' Im being realistic. America has never had to face any kind of real internal threat, least of all one they can't shout at and wave a gun at.

PS I get my info from years of studying, not watching CNN. 

2 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Thanks Baker and Francie

Our local economy is doing great.I have been off work because of weather but even in the middle of this virus my phone is ringing all day with new customers.Some of our family joke about not voting for Trump next time because we have to much work.The Dems wanted to give millions in stimulus to abortion and drug addicts.The area I live in basically outlawed abortion and the federal level Dems are trying to fund abortion and override state authority.States rights vs federal that's what Americans fought about 150 years ago.

CNN Communist News Network

Yer thats great . . . . you do know that this is an incurable virus, rampaging around the world. . . . ?

1 minute ago, Francie said:

How is it incurable if 95percent of people are recovering mate? 

A CURE is something that you give someone, to cure something. With Corona Virus there is NOTHING they can give you to cure it, they can only make you comfy and hope your body fights it.

Currently what happens is - they use a ventilator to try and stop you suffocating yourself, whilst hopefully your body fights it off.

If you're old, or have pre existing conditions, your body probably fails. If you are younger and healthy, you've a good chance. However it doesn't appear to be so clean cut as now we have healthy over 50's dying, and folk in their teens, and 20's who have relatively minor underlying health conditions dying. 

However, if lots and lots of people get it at once, there simply arent enough ventilators, staff etc, so then its a case of choosing who you save. If its an 85 year old with health conditions vs a 35 year old with none, although not nice it isn't such a hard decision.

When its two 35 year olds who need it and you've only on machine. . .  . .  its less easy.

EVERY SINGLE medical professional in the world who has come into contact with it is saying it is EXTREMELY serious, the politicians and governments are taking measures we have never seen in our lifetimes to fight it etc etc. Does this not tell you its pretty bloody serious. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
4 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Im not saying China is blameless, infant I imagine they are very much to blame. I doubt however that the Americans are at the centre of the universe, as much as they may believe so.

Im going on what Trump has SAID, which is that they will give it a week or two and crack back on with things, as the economy is too important to ruin.

They are an island, with a very large population, many of which live close together and a very large proportion dont have any access to medical provision in any meaningful way.

The mayor of newyork has already said they are on the verge of a collapse of he medical system there etc.

Everyone is shutting their citizens away in their homes, old Trump said 'no more than ten people to a gathering' Im being realistic. America has never had to face any kind of real internal threat, least of all one they can't shout at and wave a gun at.

PS I get my info from years of studying, not watching CNN. 

Well mate considering China has a monopoly over medical supplies  for America plus alot of other things that trump has been putting a stop, I don't think China done it on badness but who knows? 

China's lack of interest in sharing this outbreak puts them at blame. 

Now if the borders of Europe had of been closed then we wouldn't be in this mess. 

Note for next outbreak, all countries close borders including the eu, pretty simple really. 

This just shows open borders an any Tom dick an Harry coming to the country is a big no no for countries going forward. 

End globalism, that in turn would solve alot of the world's problems, jmho

• Like 4
Just now, Francie said:

Well mate considering China has a monopoly over medical supplies  for America plus alot of other things that trump has been putting a stop, I don't think China done it on badness but who knows? 

China's lack of interest in sharing this outbreak puts them at blame. 

Now if the borders of Europe had of been closed then we wouldn't be in this mess. 

Note for next outbreak, all countries close borders including the eu, pretty simple really. 

This just shows open borders an any Tom dick an Harry coming to the country is a big no no for countries going forward. 

End globalism, that in turn would solve alot of the world's problems, jmho

I would not be at all surprised if it came from a Lab.

I also think they are C**ts for not immediately shutting their borders etc.

And i ALSO agree that the time of open borders, even within europe, is now gone. This virus will linger for a long time and if you have a clean country, you dont want to let ANYONE in without a blood test.

I wasn't knocking America, I was just saying, right now, I wouldn't want to be in the situation the vast majority of them may find themselves in soon.

It is SO alien to them, the concept of being unsafe on US soil, and not being able to buy or shoot it better . . . . . 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

A CURE is something that you give someone, to cure something. With Corona Virus there is NOTHING they can give you to cure it, they can only make you comfy and hope your body fights it.

Currently what happens is - they use a ventilator to try and stop you suffocating yourself, whilst hopefully your body fights it off.

If you're old, or have pre existing conditions, your body probably fails. If you are younger and healthy, you've a good chance. However it doesn't appear to be so clean cut as now we have healthy over 50's dying, and folk in their teens, and 20's who have relatively minor underlying health conditions dying. 

However, if lots and lots of people get it at once, there simply arent enough ventilators, staff etc, so then its a case of choosing who you save. If its an 85 year old with health conditions vs a 35 year old with none, although not nice it isn't such a hard decision.

When its two 35 year olds who need it and you've only on machine. . .  . .  its less easy.

EVERY SINGLE medical professional in the world who has come into contact with it is saying it is EXTREMELY serious, the politicians and governments are taking measures we have never seen in our lifetimes to fight it etc etc. Does this not tell you its pretty bloody serious. 

Aw I agree it serious mate, no doubt an I prayer for any family struck with this, again for countries moving forward an want to survive, I say close all borders, no passport no entry, this would surely stop the spread of future virus, an this leads me to another question, wtf is Boris telling people to lock down when the borders are still open an folk from Italy China etc are still coming with no checks. 

Very strange indeed. 

46 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

I attempted to look up Chaka japa japati but all I got was Kenyan and Indian food recipes.I would like to watch this interview.Is the spelling different? 

? try Shami Chakrabarti 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Francie said:

Aw I agree it serious mate, no doubt an I prayer for any family struck with this, again for countries moving forward an want to survive, I say close all borders, no passport no entry, this would surely stop the spread of future virus, an this leads me to another question, wtf is Boris telling people to lock down when the borders are still open an folk from Italy China etc are still coming with no checks. 

Very strange indeed. 

I agree - the future is probably that we clear it out of some countries - but Africa, South America and Asia will have it rumbling on for a long time.

This is going to change the world in ways we can't even imagine.

But priority number one is to beat it. 

Even worrying about the economy is daft - sooner we beat the virus sooner we rebuild, if we keep taking the piss it will go on and on and on and f**k us all.

• Like 2