Coronavirus

1 minute ago, South hams hunter said:

Not yet; off work wed, Thurs and Friday so I'll dig wed and fish Thurs or Fri up beesands I recon. Especially after these easterlys, let em settle and then try em

Yeah, my thoughts exactly...digging tomorrow midday and the evening incoming..got a wrap of black lug in the freezer, hopefully get some fresh rag down the estuary...

Good luck mate.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Unless your plaicing ?

5lb 15. 8 plaice East Portlemouth beach I don't know if it still stands but was the SW England record which I held.

Cheers Arry

• Like 6
46 minutes ago, Balaur said:

180 mg for a 2-3 year old an adult tablet is 500....

I chucked baking soda in the bath too seemed to help but I got kids to do it told them it was magic powder ,may have been a placebo . Horrible virus but gone in a few days , hopefully not severe atb Joe

years ago we used to use something called calamine lotion   dont know if you can still get it 

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

That makes it sound like you've fallen out ?

Yeah dont read well does it...lol

Arry kindly gave me a few Mark's to try when I was down that way, had a couple of small turbot....but had a good mooch about and gonna try a few places this year....not fished west as much off the shore to be honest, down around torbay, Hope's nose, berry head, anstey cove etc...but not into south hams so much...

Fished off the boat a lot down there though...used to fish the skerries and wrecks a fair bit over the years.

Arry is a top fella, couldn't fall.out with him.if you tried...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, riohog said:

years ago we used to use something called calamine lotion   dont know if you can still get it 

Pink from head to toe.... mother covered me in it when I fell in nettles as a kid...lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Arry said:

5lb 15. 8 plaice East Portlemouth beach I don't know if it still stands but was the SW England record which I held.

Cheers Arry

Now that is a dustbin lid mate!!

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Not yet; off work wed, Thurs and Friday so I'll dig wed and fish Thurs or Fri up beesands I recon. Especially after these easterlys, let em settle and then try em

Will PM you mate.

Cheers Arry

Can't PM you mate

Edited by Arry
Just now, Arry said:

Probably my best fish. But the Salcombe estuary is an amazing place to fish.

Cheers Arry

Yeah hard to beat a near 6lb plaice mate...cracking!

Hoping we can get some normality quickly mate, I'm planning hitting a few of the spots you kindly pointed me at...also planned a few trips on the yak for gilts down there....

Once this is done hopefully we can have a sesh off the shore mate..

3 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Yeah hard to beat a near 6lb plaice mate...cracking!

Hoping we can get some normality quickly mate, I'm planning hitting a few of the spots you kindly pointed me at...also planned a few trips on the yak for gilts down there....

Once this is done hopefully we can have a sesh off the shore mate..

give us a call when you need info.

Cheers Arry

1 hour ago, Arry said:

Cheers Arry

Any pics of the plaice Arry 

1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

True...

Had some good days up east the last few years...particularly in the kayak...

Going tomorrow evening...probably seaton..

You been on em yet?

I was in the tackle shop in west bay last saturday and he said it'll be another 2 weeks for the water to clear and then the plaice fishing will kick right off down there,folk were just catching rays at the moment..

5 minutes ago, fireman said:

I was in the tackle shop in west bay last saturday and he said it'll be another 2 weeks for the water to clear and then the plaice fishing will kick right off down there,folk were just catching rays at the moment..

West Bay Lyme Regis? There's plaice being caught off Chesil this weekend 

Just now, forest of dean redneck said:

West Bay Lyme Regis? There's plaice being caught off Chesil this weekend 

Yes mate,maybe he's not so in the know then.I was just down for the weekend and just popped in to see what lures he had to be honest..