Coronavirus

Just imagine trying to totally eradicate the common flu from the whole of the UK.

And you haven't got a cure.

The only way to achieve that is total lockdown for every single person in The UK.

So it's impossible for the flu virus to spread to others.

That's what we are up against.

It sounds like an impossible thing to do

Without the total lockdown.

Which we haven't done.

• Like 3

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

You seem to be projecting this faggot thing a bit too much... and seriously what type homosexual questions are those to ask another man over the internet... is that what gets you off you fat little freak.. you say I'm desperate.

? chill out ya silly c**t, I' m only messing. I couldn't give a flying f**k if you're gay or not, ya FAGGOT ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Haha 2
Just now, Wideboy said:

The wanker with the beard is off his head on yolks, the other gobshites are the reason the nhs contacted me yesterday about coming over to work in the uk. It selfish and they are the reason the pressure is on the health system 

I agree, these are the reason a total lock down is needed. Not a brain cell between them

Atb j 

A message from an from an ER nurse in Ireland. 

Tonight is the last night that I’ll hug my kids goodnight or kiss my husband until god knows when. 

Community spread is now confirmed in my area and being an ER nurse means that the odds of being exposed over and over again are now a 100% guarantee. So I just wanted to talk to everyone stuck at home with your family, bored out of your mind and itching to get out. A little perspective is sometimes all you need to feel grateful for the things you have that others don’t. 

Starting with my shift tomorrow, I’ll come home from work through my laundry room door that leads to the outside. I’ll strip naked including shoes and put everything straight into the washing machine on sanitize mode. Ill use a Clorox wipe to clean anything I touched in the process. I’ll then take the towel that my husband has left for me and use it to walk to my master bedroom covered up. In there, a room that nobody else is allowed to enter after today, I’ll shower on hot. After my shower I’ll sanitize everything I touched again, then hand sanitize and get dressed. 

When I’m done with this process I’ll be able to sit in the family room 6 feet away from everyone I love, but not touch anyone- I’ll know I’ve been exposed. I’ll have been using the same single disposable face mask for minimum of an entire shift and I can’t be sure that the moisture from my breath didn’t render the mask ineffective. So I must treat myself as though I have it and am contagious. 

I’ll get to talk to my husband and kids from a safe distance, but I won’t get to touch anyone I love. I’m not a hugger, but I anticipate that the next few weeks are likely to bring days where I could really use a hug. I won’t be able to have one. It’s the only way I can protect them. 

If I’m hungry I’ll have someone fix me something on disposable dinnerware so that the worry of improperly sterilizing my utensils isn’t an issue. I’ll probably-scratch that, definitely- have wine out of a red solo cup as I answer a barrage of questions from my kids and try to ignore the look on my husbands face. I’ll probably have to assure my youngest for the millionth time, that mommy will stay safe. When that’s done, I’ll give the kids air hugs and wish them goodnight. When the kids go to bed I’ll be able to unload a little less censured to my husband- but the truth is, depending how bad it gets, I’ll probably lie a little. When exhaustion hits I’ll go to bed.....alone. In a room that nobody else can enter. 

This will be my life, every day. Even my days off (until those are no more) because I could be contagious before showing symptoms. So until this thing is gone, my reality will look a lot different. I’ll probably hug my co-workers because they are just as dirty as me, but at a time of heaviness, I won’t be able to receive the human touch of love from the people who love me most. For weeks, for months, who knows- that part is in the hands of the public. 

So my ask of you is this, as you sit at home with your children on your laps snuggled up watching a movie- please end this thing quickly by not going out unless absolutely necessary. My arms stay empty every day that you don’t. I go to bed alone every day that community spread is still a thing. Stay home. Hug your children, sleep with your spouse, eat on porcelain plates, sip wine from a long stemmed glass and give thanks for the things that you can still do that some of us can’t. I’m doing my part. Please do yours.

Now tough, especially after a long shift.

Atb j 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 17:51, jukel123 said:

You scared?  I am slightly concerned. But I'm 70 and it's the elderly it takes out. I reckon a pandemic is almost a certainty and with an affordable vaccine a few years off, it could take out a lot of people. Great for the planet, not so good for us wrinklies.

Every right to be scared now my friend,  just watching the news,    oh dear?

1 hour ago, iworkwhippets said:

Every right to be scared now my friend,  just watching the news,    oh dear?

Yep scared now. Not just for myself but for others. As has been said, let's hope some good comes out of it all. Look after yourself Keith.

4 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Yep scared now. Not just for myself but for others. As has been said, let's hope some good comes out of it all. Look after yourself Keith.

And you my friend, and everyone else, im literally on my own here, nobody is going to come knocking on my door so im off to the shop

• Like 3

I'm debating whether to go back to work or not at the moment we can scrape by on the wife's wage with nothing spare I don't have savings or anything but if I was to get it and the worse happened then my wife and child would be fecked loose the house no dout and don't fancy my child growing up without a dad. 

Also had an old couple across the road come over and leave us there number and we took there's as they are by themselves they have no children or family and they are very scared about this. They left there number and took ours incase they get it so we can still help them out getting them what they need 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

I'm debating whether to go back to work or not at the moment we can scrape by on the wife's wage with nothing spare I don't have savings or anything but if I was to get it and the worse happened then my wife and child would be fecked loose the house no dout and don't fancy my child growing up without a dad. 

Also had an old couple across the road come over and leave us there number and we took there's as they are by themselves they have no children or family and they are very scared about this. They left there number and took ours incase they get it so we can still help them out getting them what they need 

Best stay home and see how it unfolds, the coin can wait put yours health first.

• Like 2
17 hours ago, Arry said:

The amount of people that throw out a chicken carcass amazes me, I always boil them up for stock so useful. I put it in one of them Chinese takeaway container and freeze, good base for gravies and stews. Who don't like Bubble and Squeak? 

In fairness though I do waste a lot of bread I like uncut and don't like it a few days old. It does get recycled though I cut it up for my mates chickens.

We have all got a bit lazy imo going to the super market and get it all in one place. I like to support the local butcher and greengrocer and they are good in fact better, but like every body else can't be bothered to walk the extra 200 yards sometimes, think I will more often now. Thing is most of its local and it supports the high street.

Cheers Arry

Always am atleast 2 carcasses in front with a chicken, probably got 4/5 stocks ready atm. 

Bread gets cut up and goes on the garden for the birds or in the dogs bowl