Coronavirus

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, mushroom said:

No.... just shit under your nails ?

Garden hose, with the toilet brush stand in the shower will do Just a good a job as any bidet, and cheaper lol

Atb j 

Just now, kinkell said:

Girl that works beside my daughter made redundant this morning because the work shut down she is beside herself with a big mortgage

That's a saying I've not heard for a while. Anyway, How can anyone be beside themselves? ?

5 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

What is craic with all this rent an mortgage breaks? Anybody know the details? Who is entitled to it an who need to pay it? I’m still earning so plan on paying bills as usual, I know lots folk are in shit state but truth is I always am ? an I cannae afford nor want to start taking hand outs or breaks to then have it rammed back up my hoop at some point

Mostly sound bites, by the time you get through the small print and fill in the 2,000 forms probably about 2% of the population will  be entitled to it and they will be the bosses and wealthy fuckers that don’t really need it, expect FA and you’ll never be disappointed ✌️✌️

• Like 1
1 hour ago, shaaark said:

This is the only site I'm on. No facebook, snaptweet, chatter, chitter or shitter. Don't/can't do technology. As far as I can make out, it's all those type people that are panicking the most, and making others panic. I might be wrong, but don't think I am ?

I'm the same, this is the only social media site I "yap" on...

Not sure I agree its social media driving this one along though ..more to do with whole countries on lock down, and the biggest enforced changes to our day to day way of living... it's pointless to panic as we're all in the same boat, but it would be foolish to believe these huge policies from most of the biggest economies on the planet dont mean this is a big deal.... 

1 minute ago, NEWKID said:

I'm the same, this is the only social media site I "yap" on...

Not sure I agree its social media driving this one along though ..more to do with whole countries on lock down, and the biggest enforced changes to our day to day way of living... it's pointless to panic as we're all in the same boat, but it would be foolish to believe these huge policies from most of the biggest economies on the planet dont mean this is a big deal.... 

Yep, but you get what I'm saying mate. The last 15-20 years, or more? The whole world can talk to each other, and read and look at any amount of bullshit, fake photos and lies, and are being told it's real/fact, then half an hour later, those 'facts' are halfway around the world panicking millions

9 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Mostly sound bites, by the time you get through the small print and fill in the 2,000 forms probably about 2% of the population will  be entitled to it and they will be the bosses and wealthy fuckers that don’t really need it, expect FA and you’ll never be disappointed ✌️✌️

Or write a mail to them and say you cant pay it...and dont.

If you arent earning how can you be expected to pay mortgage, bills etc...

I cant see debt collectors turning up at the moment... in all seriousness, for those who are self employed and rely on work to pay bills, the only thing that should be a priority is the essentials, food, heating etc... f**k the mortgages and council tax..itll have to wait

28 minutes ago, jetro said:

What's council tax 

Why do you pay it, and what do you get for it.

Atb j 

It's meant to pay for these sorts of things

• police and fire services
  • leisure and recreation projects such as upkeeping parks and sports centres
  • libraries and education services
  • rubbish and waste collection and disposal
  • transport and highway services including street lighting and cleaning, and road maintenance
  • environmental health and trading standards
  • administration and record keeping, like marriages, deaths and birth, and local elections.

But it goes up every year and you seem to get less for it 

2 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Yep, but you get what I'm saying mate. The last 15-20 years, or more? The whole world can talk to each other, and read and look at any amount of bullshit, fake photos and lies, and are being told it's real/fact, then half an hour later, those 'facts' are halfway around the world panicking millions

Yeah, I see the pros and cons of this new world of instant access to everything around the world .. I see it with my kids mate, instant info  .good and bad ... I'm probably to set in my ways to care about most of the shit...I do like this place to yap as I think most of the lads are similarly minded and would in the main get on in the real world...

Completely agree that too many people use social media as thers only source of information though mate..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, MH1 said:

It's meant to pay for these sorts of things

• police and fire services
  • leisure and recreation projects such as upkeeping parks and sports centres
  • libraries and education services
  • rubbish and waste collection and disposal
  • transport and highway services including street lighting and cleaning, and road maintenance
  • environmental health and trading standards
  • administration and record keeping, like marriages, deaths and birth, and local elections.

But it goes up every year and you seem to get less for it 

Thsts a lot, we don't have that over here, like here  i take it your not getting value for money.

Atb j 

31 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Council tax I believe is one of the only, if not the only debt we can go to jail for in uk? it goes to council for fancy dinners an nice offices an such an in return we get a council that gets fancy dinners an nice offices an such, as far I can make out anyways ?

Same as here so lol.

Don't pay road tax, fined, car taken and possibly jail, no tv license, jail, no dog licence, dog taken and fined ect ect. Pay all these taxes and your still no better off.

But on saying all that, there's worse places to live and raise a family. So it's not so bad in the long run.

Atb j 

1 minute ago, jetro said:

Thsts a lot, we don't have that over here, like here  i take it your not getting value for money.

Atb j 

No things like, they reduce bin collections to fortnightly or less then when you take your rubbish to the dump they inspect the bags for anything that is meant to be recyclable ?

Seen better state of roads in eastern Europe

Only coppers you see are catching speeders

Basically they take the piss lol

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, jetro said:

Same as here so lol.

Don't pay road tax, fined, car taken and possibly jail, no tv license, jail, no dog licence, dog taken and fined ect ect. Pay all these taxes and your still no better off.

But on saying all that, there's worse places to live and raise a family. So it's not so bad in the long run.

Atb j 

I only get black and white dog license for the dog

12 minutes ago, jetro said:

Atb j 

I think the system here is better mate, I pay €90 a year but I sort my own rubbish, buy the kids books and as you know the insurance covers the fire brigade if you need them.

If the lane needs surfacing I phone the lady from the council and they come and do it, trim the bushes etc etc 

Council tax in the UK is just about the best example of why you shouldn’t allow the government to relieve you of money (£130 A MONTH) so that you don’t have to do things yourself......

• Like 1