Coronavirus

6 minutes ago, riohog said:

thats fkn cheered me up no end  lets hope the virus is selective   and it takes non ces ,rapists and the rest of societies scum first

It opened my eyes mate listening to the top doctor talking on the Italy ward.

450+ a day dieing.and numbers growing.

I'm not into scare mongering.

But that's really spun my head a bit..

• Like 1

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

last saw a doctor on the 28th feb at his request, im just a bit unsteady on my feet sin my stroke, anyways he told me, I will see you on the 20th March, and that he would ring me, summat told he wouldn't I just sensed it, so while I was doing my shopping this morning, I called in at the surgery to remind em on, this young lady was outside the surgery, she told me, oh that doctor isn't in today what would you like me to do, eh I walked away in disgust, she shouts, I will get another doctor to ring you

• Sad 1

The way I look at it is, this has happened before, it's happening now, and will happen again (different pandemics at different times in human history).

A lot of people are going to die, at home and abroad. We can just hope it's not any of our loved ones or people we know.

All we can try and do is, keep a level head, prepare as best we can, listen to the doctor's(granted they don't have any answers to curing this yet), look out for family, and try and get on as best we can. There will be an end to this, weather some of us will be here to see it, that's another thing, but life will go on.

I definitely believe that this is a learning curve for us, thoes of us that can be a bit more self reliant in the food department, (veg, fish and small bit of live stock), should take advantage of it, and help out thoes closets to us who can't do these things for themselves. 

Atb j 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

last saw a doctor on the 28th feb at his request, im just a bit unsteady on my feet sin my stroke, anyways he told me, I will see you on the 20th March, and that he would ring me, summat told he wouldn't I just sensed it, so while I was doing my shopping this morning, I called in at the surgery to remind em on, this young lady was outside the surgery, she told me, oh that doctor isn't in today what would you like me to do, eh I walked away in disgust, she shouts, I will get another doctor to ring you

Mate, a GP mate of mine said everything is shut down and they're effectively working in isolation, either from home or from the surgery over the phone. It's probably knocked everything out of whack. They have to unfortunately otherwise every man and his dog with a runny nose will be rushing in to them worried they have corona which will end up putting many of these front line medical professionals out of action due to the odd one that actually does have it.

It's shit buddy, especially for you.

17 minutes ago, king said:

It opened my eyes mate listening to the top doctor talking on the Italy ward.

450+ a day dieing.and numbers growing.

I'm not into scare mongering.

But that's really spun my head a bit..

oh its a serious job pal  im under no illusion about that 

2 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Mate, a GP mate of mine said everything is shut down and they're effectively working in isolation, either from home or from the surgery over the phone. It's probably knocked everything out of whack. They have to unfortunately otherwise every man and his dog with a runny nose will be rushing in to them worried they have corona which will end up putting many of these front line medical professionals out of action due to the odd one that actually does have it.

It's shit buddy, especially for you.

folks worse off than me, I was only saying to myself last night Italy is having it rough, it just isn't going to stop there, Boris, dunna no what day it is, see a difference in 3 month

1 minute ago, iworkwhippets said:

folks worse off than me, I was only saying to myself last night Italy is having it rough, it just isn't going to stop there, Boris, dunna no what day it is, see a difference in 3 month

We'll see mate. There's a lot of media focus on this which in my opinion is leading people to believe it is a bigger threat to our health than it really is. It's not be taken lightly but 99% of the population will come out the other end no matter what. They're aiming to keep the total deaths to under 20'000, which is 1 in every 3000 people. I don't mean to sound callous but 20'000 deaths in the UK is f**k all when put into context. Make no doubt about it, the real threat is to the economy.

But I agree, Boris talks and talks without actually telling us anything of substance. He's out of his depth and thankfully deferring to his expert advisers while tying to appear statesmanlike. Which I guess is a good thing.

Surely it's a time now for philanthropy, all these millionaire celebs, actors etc have the chance to put their money into a fund that could actually do some good and help people out who are suffering job losses. 

bh not to sure on your figures but i listened to the head doc in charge of the incu in italy and he said its nearly half that come into the unit that die, he also said that just over 50% were over 55  meaning it was now getting more serious in younger people plus there are now concerns that a second wave of the virus is in china.

Just now, lurcherman 887 said:

Allotments coming on now put some pics up later rhubarbs in blueberries in strawberry’s potatoes in garlic and onions... tomatoes parsnips beans carrots all out propergator and into green house... should have nice harvest this year 

3492A160-C02B-4430-907F-12D2213AEA3D.jpeg

looks good  watch out though they got a plauge of locusts in africa lets hope the wind doesnt change 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, big sid said:

bh not to sure on your figures but i listened to the head doc in charge of the incu in italy and he said its nearly half that come into the unit that die, he also said that just over 50% were over 55  meaning it was now getting more serious in younger people plus there are now concerns that a second wave of the virus is in china.

His perspective of the Italian epidemic is somewhat weighted by the severe and critical cases though.

Germany has 16'000 diagnoses cases (which is up there) with only 44 dead. We really can't focus on one country or one icu. It got out of hand in Italy before they knew what was what. If I'm not mistaken we were experiencing cases of it in the single figures at the same time they were but it exploded there and simmered for a bit here before now kicking off a bit.

Every country is different.