Coronavirus

2 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

That's what I dont get with this one...we're told its basically a flu..yet the western world is gambling its whole economic structure with the huge policies being put in place... forgetting the loss of life/disease for a minute, what will be left to come back to after a minimum of 3 months shut down?

Just now, NEWKID said:

And how long will it take for us to "pay back" the hundreds of billions thrown at this?

As I've said a few times, you can be as flippant as you like about the actual severity of the disease, but the reaction of all world leaders must have us all concerned surely?

dont panic         put the kettle  on  and take some deep breaths 

• Haha 1

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, riohog said:

dont panic         put the kettle  on  and take some deep breaths 

Not panicking mate...f**k all I can do so why panic!! Lol

Just think the measures are extreme for another "flu" epidemic 

3 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Not panicking mate...f**k all I can do so why panic!! Lol

Just think the measures are extreme for another "flu" epidemic 

its abit more than flu  mate  but hopefully we will get through it we are britsh keep the stiff uper lip  and carry on ?

• Like 3
Just now, riohog said:

its abit more than flu  mate  but hopefully we will get through it we are britsh keep the stiff uper lip  and carry on ?

I know it is mate....I was being flippant..??

• Like 1

Got some 3rd hand info from the Home Office last night so could be utter shite! ?

but there’s a good reason why a lockdown hasn’t been enforced yet & it’s all a bit vague........ they want the wheels to keep turning where posible & hoping people just start drifting back to normality. Which we will have to anyway at some point soon.

Of course the Mrs had a little list for me this morning just when I thought was done with supplies for a week! Things have calmed right down here & there’s plenty of everything on the shelves. Panic over ??

I hope we don’t drift back to normality, I hope we have a major fecking rethink about how we are acting at every level from our economy to supply chains to socially.......if this isn’t a clear message that says “change your fecking ways or else” then I don’t know what is.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, WILF said:

I hope we don’t drift back to normality, I hope we have a major fecking rethink about how we are acting at every level from our economy to supply chains to socially.......if this isn’t a clear message that says “change your fecking ways or else” then I don’t know what is.

Prepping just wont be sniggered at anymore...........that’s all ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
25 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Not just this place mate, its everywhere you go and everyone you talk to...I dont think anyone thinks there an expert...even the actual "experts" are making it up as they go along!

What I struggle with is the majority of folk are dumb but very quick to throw their opinion round as fact 

• Like 1

There might be more consideration given to supply chains, there will hopefully be more planning and investment in preparing for epidemics but globalisation is here to stay. Too much money to be made between disasters. lol

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

Prepping just wont be sniggered at anymore...........that’s all ?

I fear you are probably right mate, bloody shame as it’s an opportunity to re-set.

Still, there’s time yet, we ain’t even in the woods yet never mind out of them.

What I have seen is that, having links with a very modern highly populated area and a very traditional old fashioned small community, the traditional type of community has been more resilient so far and much, much kinder........I dont know if that means anything but for a small minded, xenophobic, idiotic know nothing like me it ties in nicely with things I have been thinking for a long time.

Time will tell I suppose 

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, WILF said:

I fear you are probably right mate, bloody shame as it’s an opportunity to re-set.

Still, there’s time yet, we ain’t even in the woods yet never mind out of them.

What I have seen is that, having links with a very modern highly populated area and a very traditional old fashioned small community, the traditional type of community has been more resilient so far and much, much kinder........I dont know if that means anything but for a small minded, xenophobic, idiotic know nothing like me it ties in nicely with things I have been thinking for a long time.

Time will tell I suppose 

Aye it must be the blacks lol.

are you English mate? 

No doubt this is the biggest crisis the world has faced, maybe in living memory. No doubt it’ll show the best and worst sides of humanity. I find it hilarious that so many people think they can strategise the best response to this disease, when a fortnight ago they couldn’t tell you what epidemiology meant.

Party politics means nothing, and I for one have faith in BoJo and his ability to seek the best scientists this country has to guide us, and act without being swayed by the Twitter medics or following like sheep our neighbouring countries actions. Panic and fear will lead to mistakes. Cool heads and a steady hand are what’s required. I also think ‘wee Jimmy Krankie’ has shown real leadership. Contrast what we’ve got with ‘the Donald’. Firing out ‘fake news’ and ‘it’s all going to be fine’ soundbites is all very well, but they’re going to bite him hard on the ass, and may even cost him what should be a ‘shoe-in’ second term.

Now that the footie has been stopped, people haven’t got the  opportunity to vent from their armchair about how Pep, or Jose, or Ole et al don’t know how to manage a football team, so some have switched to telling governments how the govern, and the scientists that the masters degrees and their lifetimes work don’t count for owt because of the latest ‘stat’ they saw on Facebook.

• Like 3