Coronavirus

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Arry said:

Maitake mushroom (Hen of the Woods) one of my favourites found more last year than I had found all together in previous years put together so dried a whole jar full. Anti Cancer as well.

Cheers Arry

I remember you saying on the fungi thread you get a few of the woods 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, kanny said:

Allegedly 

Why would they lie about the deaths? Not like ash is infectious. LOL

If you believe the data then this is encouraging. Took them about a month to tun the tide and another to get the count right back down.

1867351901_ChinaCOVID19.png.2d9c2e769470de3190396d1b83ddd315.png

The Dáil today, and Seanad tomorrow will be passing legislation to put some Covid-19 emergency measures formally into place:

- Mass gatherings will be banned;
- Doctors will have the power to force people to stay at home if they are a potential source of infection, and if they refuse to do so;
- Gardaí will have the power to enforce the bans on gatherings etc.;
- The Minister for Health will have the power to restrict travel both inside Ireland and internationally, he will also have the power to 'shut down' specific parts of the country if necessary;
- The measures about sick pay and emergency unemployment are also being made formally law.

The legislation will last in the first instance until the 9th of May, but my be extended beyond that.

I'm not sure about this, when this is all over, will the reverse these laws I wonder.

Too much power to the government imo. 

Atb j 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, timmytree said:

Similar here, ex father in law in his last few hours at 96, I can't even go to see him despite thinking more of him than the drunken bully who fathered me.. Funeral will be a quiet private cremation but my ex wants me to be with her to scatter his ashes at a later date. I'll be honoured to do it.

My condolences t.t.  and to his family.

It's not easy, but you will be there for the ashes .

Atb j 

7 minutes ago, timmytree said:

Thanks J. 

I've got to nearly 62 and never felt loss like I do now. I have COPD and asthma, all I want is to hug my kids, grandkids and my mum, even my ex wife!

These are dark days all round. I really hope the sunny days come back soon.

We will have sunny days again soon. Hang in there, look after yourself and all should be good, this can't last for ever.

Atb j 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, timmytree said:

In Korea and China they seem to do as they're told. There's too many ignorant selfish b*****ds in this country who don't care about anyone else so they'll carry on as normal. Even some members of my family have said they don't care, if they catch it so what? My answer is well you're on your own but if I catch you near my parents or kids you'll get a spade to the head. If they do end up catching it they deserve to die with their lungs on the pillow next to them.

I'm not worried about getting it myself personally, I'm fairly fit and healthy. But my wife has an auto immune issiue, and we have our 13 week old granddaughter here with us as well. 

I worry about them, that's why we're staying out of the town's and cities, away from crowd's, and people we really don't need to see. We won't even visit my wife's parents, 40min drive away, cause there in there 70s, just in case we carry anything to them

Atb j 

36 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Why would they lie about the deaths? Not like ash is infectious. LOL

If you believe the data then this is encouraging. Took them about a month to tun the tide and another to get the count right back down.

1867351901_ChinaCOVID19.png.2d9c2e769470de3190396d1b83ddd315.png

I dunno mate  perhaps things like journalist trying to report on the state of the outbreak disappearing from the face of the earth  then there's the political side where you have trump openly calling it the Chinese virus add to that the economic reasons it just makes me very sceptical about the figures especially as they shot up to 80,000 and then seemed to stall overnight it just doesn't feel right....anyway I thought you would like this.

IMG-20200319-WA0025-1.jpg

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, kanny said:

I dunno mate  perhaps things like journalist trying to report on the state of the outbreak disappearing from the face of the earth  then there's the political side where you have trump openly calling it the Chinese virus add to that the economic reasons it just makes me very sceptical about the figures especially as they shot up to 80,000 and then seemed to stall overnight it just doesn't feel right....anyway I thought you would like this.

IMG-20200319-WA0025-1.jpg

?? hmmmmmm? 

Edited by shaaark
1 hour ago, jetro said:

The Dáil today, and Seanad tomorrow will be passing legislation to put some Covid-19 emergency measures formally into place:

- Mass gatherings will be banned;
- Doctors will have the power to force people to stay at home if they are a potential source of infection, and if they refuse to do so;
- Gardaí will have the power to enforce the bans on gatherings etc.;
- The Minister for Health will have the power to restrict travel both inside Ireland and internationally, he will also have the power to 'shut down' specific parts of the country if necessary;
- The measures about sick pay and emergency unemployment are also being made formally law.

The legislation will last in the first instance until the 9th of May, but my be extended beyond that.

I'm not sure about this, when this is all over, will the reverse these laws I wonder.

Too much power to the government imo. 

Atb j 

We all rant and rave about the government mate.

But I think they are handling this quite well.that's my take on it all.

If any new laws keep the idiots in line even forcing a lockdown.then so be it.

As you know the pm's are just the talking face.

There is professor's in the background calling the shots.

And they know the crack I think.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, king said:

We all rant and rave about the government mate.

But I think they are handling this quite well.that's my take on it all.

If any new laws keep the idiots in line even forcing a lockdown.then so be it.

As you know the pm's are just the talking face.

There is professor's in the background calling the shots.

And they know the crack I think.

As long as they don't forget to reverse these laws when all this has passed.

Did you bake any bread today.

Did some nice fruit scones here.

Atb j 

7 minutes ago, timmytree said:

I'm trying to protect them all by staying at arms length but when mums youngest brother decides to spend his lunchtime in the pub with his wife, then pick up his grandkids from school before calling round to see mum and dad I get seriously pissed off. If dad gets it, well it's no more than he deserves and actually he's fit enough to survive it but mum has heart and lung trouble and would be gone pretty quick. Uncle has been given a warning, go near my family again and I will react. If they get this bloody virus because of him then he will pay for it.

Hopefully they will take heed, and your parents will get through this.

Atb j 

1 minute ago, jetro said:

As long as they don't forget to reverse these laws when all this has passed.

Did you bake any bread today.

Did some nice fruit scones here.

Atb j 

No I didn't mate.no flour the shops are ransacked here.

Can't wait for this virus to bugger off.