Coronavirus

Coronavirus Social Distancing Irish style...

This photo of the Saint Patrick passing North West Greenland 1993 is possibly the most spectacular photo ever taken of a Galway Hooker.

The 1906 Casey's of Mweenish, Connemara, built Saint Patrick - Bád Chonraí, while skippered by Paddy Barry, crossed the Atlantic in 1986, before sailing to Greenland in 1993. 

She also sailed to other Artic destinations including beyond the 80° latitude parallel of Spitzbergen at the edge of the Polar Ice Pack in 1990 which resulted in Paddy being awarded the coveted Blue Water Medal of the Cruising Club of America.

With all the current madness and sadness with the Coronavirus around the globe at the moment, sailing away to a remote destination feels like a very appealing thought.

Keep yourselves safe and well all. We will sail through these difficult seas to calmer waters again soon... 

This boat was built only a few miles from my house. 

The men that bulid her, also built our currach, which is still in perfect condition today.

Screenshot_20200319-172302_Facebook.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

Good thing with kids off school.. get building...new chicken coop going up..20200319_144621.jpg.18bbb20b4c2638e591fc02b3ff8f82a4.jpg

That looks a beautiful spot you are in there mate, good for you.....always loved that part of England.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, iworkwhippets said:

just been down Tesco express. and co op shelves empty, not even a tin of beans

Me an the misses dropped the kids at school for 8.50this morning got to the supermarket for about 9.15 and the misses said to go straight to the bog roll aisle, I went there they were out tried Tesco’s next door they were also out. Thursdays our normal shopping day the supermarket was rammed. No bog roll, beans, nappies at that time of day absolutely nuts. Folk walking about with masks on the lot. Tried a 3rd local supermarket and they were near enough the same except they had beans lol

Waiting for the mains energiser to arrive and then sorting the pigs fields with leccy fencing, they just laughed at the battery powered stuff last year so this year I am going to give them a surprise ! Lol

7 joule rated for cattle should square them off......I hope ! 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, jetro said:

Wilf

If the apocalypse comes, and we run out of fuel, you'll be needing one of these for the turf season ???

Atb j 

20200319_162241.jpg

Thank f**k I still have half a barn load left mate and it’s been so nice that I only just lit the fire a minute ago.

Just now, WILF said:

Thank f**k I still have half a barn load left mate and it’s been so nice that I only just lit the fire a minute ago.

Check out the price of it, I nearly dropped, scandalous. 

Atbj

20200319_162256.jpg

• Sad 1
3 minutes ago, WILF said:

Waiting for the mains energiser to arrive and then sorting the pigs fields with leccy fencing, they just laughed at the battery powered stuff last year so this year I am going to give them a surprise ! Lol

7 joule rated for cattle should square them off......I hope ! 

That will knock a squeal or two out of them lol

Atb j 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, jetro said:

Check out the price of it, I nearly dropped, scandalous. 

Atbj

20200319_162256.jpg

Bloody hell !......where was that in, the local  co-op or what ?

4 hours ago, mushroom said:

My Mrs's mum and the Mrs has it now for sure. I possibly had it but I only had mild symptoms. A few people I know from my area have it, one has been quarantined by the law.

Hope they get well soon mate. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WILF said:

That looks a beautiful spot you are in there mate, good for you.....always loved that part of England.

I can't believe you have just said that you love a piece of England.

Please check your temperature wilf ffs. 

• Haha 1