Coronavirus

32 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

There’s only 2600 confirmed cases in the UK mate. Statistically you’d have to know 25000 people to know just one with it.

Even with the worst case scenario of half a million dying, that’s only 1 dear for every 130 people. I mean that’s bad of course, lol, but plenty of scope to be worse.

Well that puts things into perspective mate ?

What do you figure went wrong in Italy was it they perhaps that the government there left people to circulate for too long and then putting them into isolation so the whole household got infected maybe?

Cheers

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Chaff said:

What do you figure went wrong in Italy was it they perhaps that the government there left people to circulate for too long and then putting them into isolation so the whole household got infected maybe?

Cheers

I really have no idea mate. Heard a few things mentioned about them, ageing population and quite close as a culture and families. But who knows at this stage. They were picking up their first few cases at the same time we were I think but it seemed to take off much faster for them.

lots of potential factors. How vigilant people are to symptoms, how effectively they responded, cultural differences etc etc. Who knows. Be interesting to find out, every government will want to know for future prevention.

• Like 1

i feel for the younger  ones than me who have mortgages and so on im a silly old fkr  , ill manage .  im dumn founded at the way folk are reacting  re ,  stockpiling food and so on . the powers above need to put a stop to thatquick time and there will be enough for everone    but as i said once  before  its common sense thats in short supply you just cant buy it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Saltmoon said:

All we need is old bill and rspca to go into a lockdown then it's like the hunting ban lifted untill this blows over our freezers be stocked up lovely then 

what hunting ban is that then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
24 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Cheers

It's all the Chinese workers in the North of Italy.

http://mostcsr.com/news/2016/2/19/mapping-your-supply-chain-in-italy

Cheers Arry

• Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Cheers

Just had a look, they reckon robust and wide scale testing makes the difference. Suppose it’s like having a lot of firefighters with a bushfire.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/03/16/opinions/south-korea-italy-coronavirus-survivability-sepkowitz/index.html

I remember reading about how massive SKs testing regime was a few weeks ago. They have a really low fatality rate which is speculated to be simply because they are actually identifying cases which are so mild other countries wouldn’t even know about them.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, king said:

So what happens once this gets into the prisons. It must be in there all ready..

It's in strange ways 

Italys deaths are high probably because the virus is widespread throughout the country, as it probably is in uk. Lots of people I know have said since around Christmas they have had a bad flu, I've had very mild symptoms after meeting and shaking hands with my next door neighbour who is an english teacher in wuhan and came back 6 days before wuhan was locked down so who knows, especially with very limited testing.

> Leader of a tiny island nation 
> Surrounded by ocean on all sides, only a few airports to monitor and a handful of sea ports - great defence position
> Hears about this new highly contagious Chinese virus months in advance
> Does nothing, leaves borders open
> Planeloads of infected Italians arriving
> Borders still open
> Disease in the country now and spreading
> Borders still open
> Invite 1,000 in from infected regions for an Alcohol Policy Convention
> Borders still open
> Cheltenham crowd let in for days, at least 10 turn out to be infected
> Borders still open
> Country in bits, situation getting out of hand now
> Borders still open
> Goes on TV, delivers empty speech with no policy announcements while rattling off Winston Churchill quotes about crisis and clichés about superhero capes
> Gets props from the media
> Borders still open

Screenshot_20200318-190752_Facebook.jpg

• Like 4