Coronavirus

4 minutes ago, Arry said:

What the feck you been up to mate.

Cheers Arry

It’s an old one mate believe it or not I fell out the top of a tree when I was watching carp and had a branch go through my thigh ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Ain’t just the dogs that get sewn up like a pasty, this almost ruined my catwalk career ??

7AE35EA7-F551-4611-9352-2653E724AE0B.jpeg

They made a good job of that mate, almost looks like a real minge ! 

• Haha 4
36 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Thing is mate, even if we were more self sufficient for security reasons we're still gonna do business with the world. That horse has bolted and is never going back.

For instance, I work for an oil service company. Our activity almost tracks the price oil is traded at. When industry grinds to a halt because of a pandemic demand drops and so we become exposed. Nation state or not we are always going to do business with the rest of the world. Likewise, there are resources that we as a nation just don't have, we have to buy them from others. Simply finding an alternative may put us at a significant disadvantage.

I expect what we'll see after this is much more thought being given to protocols to prevent and deal with future infectious diseases. Expect vaccines and diagnostic tests to be constantly researched and developed, necessary medical reserves to be reinforced etc etc. They'll prepare for the next pandemic like they do the next war now.

Think we will have to wait and see how this one pans out, but as an old sceptic I,m suspecting this is far more economic than welfare based, it’s like there is a concerted effort to collapse the global economy going on hidden behind a virus that we are all going to get anyway and many of us may have already had ???

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Isolating here my boy sent home from school with cough, Mrs is working from home. Mother in-law has shut herself away I rigged up a camping fridge kettle and double burner so she can separate from us.

No work for me for 14 days which sucks as I'm self employed. So will not be buying those century carp rods just yet.

Going to keep kids grafting in garden, make a veg patch same as others.

Something to look forward to mate, Century are the way forward....you will never buy another rod again 

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Isolating here my boy sent home from school with cough, Mrs is working from home. Mother in-law has shut herself away I rigged up a camping fridge kettle and double burner so she can separate from us.

No work for me for 14 days which sucks as I'm self employed. So will not be buying those century carp rods just yet.

Going to keep kids grafting in garden, make a veg patch same as others.

Bet there will be someone much worse off than yourself through all this that are willing to sell you there century’s for a song,? every cloud and all that ?

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, king said:

Trump just said.

They are ready for human trials of corvid 19 vaccine.its took 8 weeks.

Normally takes years...

This topic was touched near the start of this thread. There's a few different companies working of vaccines. I think this one going to human trials is a quite new way of making a vaccine, they're called 3rd generation vaccines if you want to read up on them. Still, I'm led to believe it's the trials are are the most time consuming part. I wouldn't hold ya breath for one this year.

9 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

This topic was touched near the start of this thread. There's a few different companies working of vaccines. I think this one going to human trials is a quite new way of making a vaccine, they're called 3rd generation vaccines if you want to read up on them. Still, I'm led to believe it's the trials are are the most time consuming part. I wouldn't hold ya breath for one this year.

But if they are a year or 2 ahead all ready.thats a big plus mate.

I wonder will China stop all them filthy wet markets now.

I doubt it though.

4 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Scot an wales close tomorrow I think mateX no news on English ones tho, iv had mine off all week anyways 

I’m listening to radio 4 now & there will be an announcement very soon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Told today to work from home till further notice. I should get full pay. My heart goes out to all those who will be let go, or who won’t get paid again until all this is over.

Schools here shut down on Friday with most thinking they’ll be out till August. I’ll go off my fcukin nut ?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Know it’s daft but keep us posted please, as I’d honestly rather shove a knitting needle throo me ears that watch it listen to the bbc ?? but I’ll gladly listen to your 2nd hand info ??

I’ll take one for the team! ?

• Thanks 1