Coronavirus

Well, I guess I'm quite fortunate at the moment. I've just moved all my work office kit home and setup remotely. How long for, who knows but we're making the effort. Many, in manual jobs, can't and they will be financial struggling if forced to stay home. That might in itself f**k me anyway as companies like that of my employers go under due to economic crash.

Hopefully this global economy is more resilient than that.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

17 hours ago, socks said:

You really need to learn to stitch mate ......

I no it’s not the done thing anymore but I was thinking the same thing, when I was flat out with the dogs in my younger years used to do all my own stitching up, inoculations and sheep dip them every year which stopped the ticks and fleas, ?

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Well, I guess I'm quite fortunate at the moment. I've just moved all my work office kit home and setup remotely. How long for, who knows but we're making the effort. Many, in manual jobs, can't and they will be financial struggling if forced to stay home. That might in itself f**k me anyway as companies like that of my employers go under due to economic crash.

Hopefully this global economy is more resilient than that.

I,m suspecting the global economy may be the biggest victim of this as it has simply highlighted how much better off we are as nation states and how f****d we are by relying on everything being made for peanuts in China, it should also redress the mad situation were everybody wants everything now regardless of wether they can afford it or not, this is not a virus it’s a mass resetting of the books without a global recession,????

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, Chaff said:

Mushroom ok ?

I'm fine now.. backend of whatever I had.

5 minutes ago, Greyman said:

No he’s critical, he has lost almost 3” in height and doctors are worried they could lose him??

W@nker ?

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Greyman said:

I,m suspecting the global economy may be the biggest victim of this as it has simply highlighted how much better off we are as nation states and how f****d we are by relying on everything being made for peanuts in China, it should also redress the mad situation were everybody wants everything now regardless of wether they can afford it or not, this is not a virus it’s a mass resetting of the books without a global recession,????

Thing is mate, even if we were more self sufficient for security reasons we're still gonna do business with the world. That horse has bolted and is never going back.

For instance, I work for an oil service company. Our activity almost tracks the price oil is traded at. When industry grinds to a halt because of a pandemic demand drops and so we become exposed. Nation state or not we are always going to do business with the rest of the world. Likewise, there are resources that we as a nation just don't have, we have to buy them from others. Simply finding an alternative may put us at a significant disadvantage.

I expect what we'll see after this is much more thought being given to protocols to prevent and deal with future infectious diseases. Expect vaccines and diagnostic tests to be constantly researched and developed, necessary medical reserves to be reinforced etc etc. They'll prepare for the next pandemic like they do the next war now.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Meece said:

It always looks like their stitching up a tarpaulin.  Pie crust finish.   Still it will disappear to just a fine white line.  Dogs mend quick.

Ain’t just the dogs that get sewn up like a pasty, this almost ruined my catwalk career ??

7AE35EA7-F551-4611-9352-2653E724AE0B.jpeg

Isolating here my boy sent home from school with cough, Mrs is working from home. Mother in-law has shut herself away I rigged up a camping fridge kettle and double burner so she can separate from us.

No work for me for 14 days which sucks as I'm self employed. So will not be buying those century carp rods just yet.

Going to keep kids grafting in garden, make a veg patch same as others.

• Like 3