Coronavirus

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know what you mean me and my youngest lad are going wild camping for a few days he's austic and has a mad interest in sas so I have set it up with one of my perms were we will set up in a wood survi

"We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another. Suddenly Disney is out of magic, Paris is no longer romantic, New York doesn’t stand up anymore, the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mec

Ok lads, now ive had a couple of emails sent to me, one of em, well what can i say, im not very good with words, but these come from the heart, Gnasher, hes offered me more help, than 4 charities that

Posted Images

I look out on the locality and nothing has changed..  I went into Tesco and no one appeared to be panic buying.  Ok there weren't many toilet rolls and the only people that were standIng .there moaning about the fact that they couldn't get their usual fix of andrex were a handfull of old Yodas. I blame a lot of this panic on the BBC and media in General.  Also the people who are being interviewed should put these stupid reporters down from asking stupid senseless questions.   That koonsberg woman pointedly questioned Boris if he was sure that they were taking the right course.  He should have told her that no one knew what was going to happen but that they were riding a storm.  When this is done  the survivors will carry on just as  they have to.  That's the way it is. The politicians will blame failure on it.  Still it was always said that because humans don't have any predators that we need a good war or petulance to thin the population down a bit.  Don't panic Mr manwarring. I WILL TAKE THE DOG OUT IRRIGARDLESS.

• Like 1

No virus here and already somebody has decided they are keeping there kids off school and self isolating, started a thing on Facebook yesterday going on that we should all do it blah blah blah. I bet her kids will be playing out the front later today though as it’s a nice day.

my misses said the local supermarket is only allowing 1 lot of bog roll and 1 lot of pasta per person and the staff are wearing gloves yesterday.

• Like 1

My mrs has an an ongoing illness, she started a new course of immuno-suppresant medication 4 weeks ago.

Basically if she got this it could be fatal, her main consultant has been on the phone to her and said she cannot go to the hospital to continue the course, she has her own hair and beauty salon but can not risk being there...now talking to the school with the risk of the kids bringing it home....

Self isolation will be a reality for us due to the severity of the implications should any of us contract it...

For me and the kids I'm not worried, I obviously am for her though..

• Like 7

Knowing as we do that the virus is effecting older people most is it possible that Italy has such high figures because of the culture they have of cross generation living....lots of Italian familes have 3 even 4 generations all living in the same family home and so the self isolating thats about to happen for over 70,s here is pretty much impossible for many Italian familes.

• Like 5

Going to be some serious questions asked when this all over i worked in hospital doing security and i know how under staffed they are they are nowhere near ready for anything like this. Im doing security now in private hospital they been watching this coming for weeks expecting to take overflow of patients from the public hospitals.

Edited by chesney
5 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Knowing as we do that the virus is effecting older people most is it possible that Italy has such high figures because of the culture they have of cross generation living....lots of Italian familes have 3 even 4 generations all living in the same family home and so the self isolating thats about to happen for over 70,s here is pretty much impossible for many Italian familes.

I have a good friend who lives in Bormio, northern Italy.

He has built a place where his mother lives in one apartment and he ouves above her with his wife...a few houses up is his uncle and Auntie, the cousin lives above again...it is that type of community and exactly why this has affected the Italians so badly...

They are fine but on lock down and getting rapidly through their wine reserves!! Lol

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Have you any elderly family members self isolated that she could go live with for a while? I know we're not going to be seeing my folks for sometime, think a life time in the foundry might do for my Oldman if he got it...

Her parents are both nearly eighty and live in Plymouth mate, we are organising care for then with the rest of the family... 4 months with her folks self isolating would finish her off anyway!! Lol

• Haha 1

Sums it up really...the closest family units are getting pulverised Italys deaths into the thousands.... while Nigeria,Ghana,Ethiopia etc are barely into double figures :whistling:

Edited by gnasher16
26 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

That may be increasing the spread but I believe the relatively high fatality rate they are seeing is because they have a large number of older people in their population compared to other countries.

Fair point though anyway.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1